Suggested Matchups:
    MD vs Jibbby
    Vaughany vs Gabe
    RonPaul vs Marzy
    Sacrelicious vs Gunshard
    OR
    JimGunn vs Gunshard

I also like:
    Sacrelicious vs Bigday (battle of the fades!)
    cheeese vs educateddegenerate (battle of the two best posters who rarely post)
    Last edited by NunyaBidness; 08-19-14 at 09:44 PM.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

I am going to absolutely crush BIGDAY, I second this suggestion.

Me and GunShard have called a truce, so this matchup no longer interests me.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I would suggest we do it for no points, so that everyone who wants in can get in.

And then encourage side betting on individual participants, and then also betting between the competitors themselves.

If everybody wants points to be mandatory I'm fine with it though.

I also suggest we skip both of the cards this weekend as we don't really have time to get everything in order.
    +1.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Might I suggest that Marzy vs Ron Paul is a waste? Try this bracket instead, it's more interesting:

Ron_Paul vs Tommy Blingshyne
    'Mirin vs 'Marzin

Perfect. Also, there should be either four or eight-man brackets, unless we plan to just do one big all-out tournament.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I'm in

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Yea ill do it and stake my claim into sbr mma lore.

So whats the format for picking

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I'm in obviously

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Might I suggest that Marzy vs Ron Paul is a waste? Try this bracket instead, it's more interesting:

'Mirin vs 'Marzin

Perfect. Also, there should be either four or eight-man brackets, unless we plan to just do one big all-out tournament.
    I'm thinking one big tournament.

I'm fine with those matchups, whatever everybody likes is fine with me.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

I'm game if it doesn't take much effort and if I can take on that alpha male guy. He's trash. And the winner of md/jib next. I'll donate 2000 Pts for the winner if that's even possible. I don't know the sbr rules.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Yea ill do it and stake my claim into sbr mma lore.

So whats the format for picking

Here's what I'm thinking, and am obviously open to suggestions.

The contests in the past were just straight up fighter picks, but I think that's kind of dull.

Everyone gets $1000 per round, you can bet on as many picks as you like, but at least 3 of them have to be at least $200 bets. I will release a lineup of available bets at some point before the card begins with Matchups, Over/Unders, Point Handicaps, and a small selection of props. None of the props will be over a certain price (say +500), and they will just be basic ITD, by decision type props, not starts rd 2, or whoever in rd 3.

Thoughts?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    I'm game if it doesn't take much effort and if I can take on that alpha male guy. He's trash. And the winner of md/jib next. I'll donate 2000 Pts for the winner if that's even possible. I don't know the sbr rules.
    Sounds good to me, as long as he signs up.

I'm sure the point donation is fine, it's mighty white of you.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post

'Mirin vs 'Marzin

What!? Are you sweet on Marzy now MD? Marz has a chance to win vs anyone. I'm in but only if I get Marz first. This is the match everyone wants to see. And I know Marz wants a piece of me. I'll never live it down if I lose to Marz in front of everyone.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

The contests in the past were just straight up fighter picks, but I think that's kind of dull.

Everyone gets $1000 per round, you can bet on as many picks as you like, but at least 3 of them have to be at least $200 bets. I will release a lineup of available bets at some point before the card begins with Matchups, Over/Unders, Point Handicaps, and a small selection of props. None of the props will be over a certain price (say +500), and they will just be basic ITD, by decision type props, not starts rd 2, or whoever in rd 3.

Thoughts?
    That's a good idea.
    At first, I thought this 1vs1 tournament was going to be based on the straight up fighter picks.
    Last edited by GunShard; 08-19-14 at 10:36 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    That's a good idea.
    At first, I thought this 1vs1 tournament was going to be based on the straight up fighter picks.
    I don't think anyone here only bets only on fighters straight up in their normal betting, so I don't see any reason to have a contest that way.

Let me know if you're in.

Ron_Paul_2012

Thoughts?
    Well to make it simple & less time consuming why not just use 5Dimes opening lines for everything (straight, props, etc)?

GunShard

Ok I'm in.
    Maybe there's plenty of time to make this happen for the upcoming
    UFC Fight Night 48 and UFC Fight Night 49 events.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Well to make it simple & less time consuming why not just use 5dimes opening lines for everything (straight, props, etc)?
    That was actually my original thought, and changed my mind right before I posted it.

I think that works too, but if we do it, I think we need to have to limit out bets of a certain price, +500 or whatever. Too much luck.

FightFightFight

Thoughts?
    I prefer as many as you like to imposing rules about 200$ bets or any minimum betting requirements, more realistic that way. Sometimes less is more. My 2 cents.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Ok I'm in.
    Maybe there's plenty of time to make this happen for the upcoming
    UFC Fight Night 48 and UFC Fight Night 49 events.
    We could probably start with 49 if everyone wants to, but I don't think anyone wants 48 in there. I'd personally rather hold off for ufc 177.

FightFightFight

1000$, do what you want IMO.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    I prefer as many as you like to imposing rules about 200$ bets or any minimum betting requirements, more realistic that way. Sometimes less is more. My 2 cents.
    If we don't do it that way, most likely each person would simply select the one bet they're most confident in, I don't think that's ideal.

Sacrelicious

Thoughts?
    Damn, this crushes my strategy. I was planning on NOT betting and assuming whoever I was facing (particularly BigDay in rd 1) would just fail, and I'd coast.

But in all seriousness, yeah this sounds good. Also, once the line is posted by you, I suggest that the entrant is responsible for calculating and postng their own finishing score, just to take some of the weight off of you, unless you want to dedicate that much time to this.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I also think, because its heads up, the picks should be sent in in secret, and then revealed before the card starts.

Sacrelicious

Thoughts?
    Also, to clarify, when you say at least THREE bets have to be 200$, does this mean that one can not bet, say, 800 dollars on one play? as that would not allow 2 more of 200$.

GunShard

UFC Fight Night 49 sounds good.
    Everyone just needs to confirm they are in, so you can set up the match ups.
    Points Awarded:

Sacrelicious gave GunShard 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sacrelicious

I also think, because its heads up, the picks should be sent in in secret, and then revealed before the card starts.
    This makes a lot of sense.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Also, to clarify, when you say at least THREE bets have to be 200$, does this mean that one can not bet, say, 800 dollars on one play? as that would not allow 2 more of 200$.
    Right, the most you could bet on any single play would be $600, with two other bets of $200.

But you could also have 3 bets of $200, and 20 other bets of $20 each, or any combination thereof.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

UFC Fight Night 49 sounds good.
    Everyone just needs to confirm they are in, so you can set up the match ups.
    Yeah, lets give everyone a couple days to see the thread. If we can get everything set up by thursday I'm good. I'm out of town all day Friday, so I don't have a lot of time this week.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

You just cracked the code

Sacrelicious

Right, the most you could bet on any single play would be $600, with two other bets of $200.

But you could also have 3 bets of $200, and 20 other bets of $20 each, or any combination thereof.
    Got it. Yeah, I'm fine with this.

Damn. Barring encounters with 2 or 3 of the people involved this totally screws up my strategy of simply NOT BETTING and assuming my matchup would fail.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

In! I wish that Kim guy was still around for me to crush in the opening rounds.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Got it. Yeah, I'm fine with this.

Damn. Barring encounters with 2 or 3 of the people involved this totally screws up my strategy of simply NOT BETTING and assuming my matchup would fail.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Thoughts?
    Sounds like a good format to me.

Sacrelicious

There is documented empirical evidence on this forum to suggest this approach would be the most logical, haha.

Ron_Paul_2012

That was actually my original thought, and changed my mind right before I posted it.

I think that works too, but if we do it, I think we need to have to limit out bets of a certain price, +500 or whatever. Too much luck.
    Well this is supposed to be like real life betting contest (not Kountermove BS). So I don't have a problem with using the exact prices of 5dimes no matter how big some + money odds are.

First 12345 ... Last