Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I also think, because its heads up, the picks should be sent in in secret, and then revealed before the card starts.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Ron_Paul_2012; 08-19-14 at 11:24 PM.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Well this is supposed to be like real life betting contest (not Kountermove BS). So I don't have a problem with using the exact prices of 5dimes no matter how big some + money odds are.
    Or +500 like you said if that is really important to you. I suppose it really does not matter.
    Last edited by Ron_Paul_2012; 08-19-14 at 11:25 PM.

Ron_Paul_2012

So is the first match going to be Saturday's 2 cards? 48 & 49 combined? It could add some drama. Someone could be ahead from 48 but then lose after his opponent comes from behind after 49.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    So is the first match going to be Saturday's 2 cards? 48 & 49 combined? It could add some drama. Someone could be ahead from 48 but then lose after his opponent comes from behind after 49.
    Definitely not going to be 48 at all. I don't think anyone cares about that card.

Probably not 49, I've got a million things to do before then, so I won't be able to respond to a million messages about whos got what and whos playing who, especially with two cards that day.

Ron_Paul_2012

Definitely not going to be 48 at all. I don't think anyone cares about that card.

Probably not 49, I've got a million things to do before then, so I won't be able to respond to a million messages about whos got what and whos playing who, especially with two cards that day.
    Well 177 sounds good. I'm in for next week. I'm also down for this Saturday as well. If Marz agree's to a practice run. I'll do 48+49 using $2000. Just for practice.

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Could set up Google doc with open access based on honor system. Surely no one would cheat a betting comp for bragging rights? Not 100% sure how google docs works, but is it possible to edit and remain anon?

Edit: just read above re secret picks until start of event, so this wouldn't work

Bava
    Update your status
    Bava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

Long time listener, first time caller.

I'd like to throw my hat into this, if you'll allow people who aren't yet part of the grand argument. If it helps, I think Jibbby is insufferable as well, but probably for different reasons than most of you...

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do your winnings carry over to subsequent rounds of the tourney?

alpinepetey
    alpinepetey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I'm in

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Bava View Post

I'd like to throw my hat into this, if you'll allow people who aren't yet part of the grand argument. If it helps, I think Jibbby is insufferable as well, but probably for different reasons than most of you...
    hahahahaha do you know him personally?!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    i'm in.

however, i wont oppose one of my clients unless its for the belt.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I also think, because its heads up, the picks should be sent in in secret, and then revealed before the card starts.
    agreed

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    With ridiculously low limits and you get banned after one win. That's the only way to do it.
    lol

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Might I suggest that Marzy vs Ron Paul is a waste? Try this bracket instead, it's more interesting:

Ron_Paul vs Tommy Blingshyne
    'Mirin vs 'Marzin

Perfect. Also, there should be either four or eight-man brackets, unless we plan to just do one big all-out tournament.
    Let me attem'

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I like to sing along to this but swap "You and your sister live in a Lemon World..." for "Marzy and Jibbbeh live in a Lemon World...doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo do"

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Why have the finals match in round 1?

Besides, we'll probably have the same picks.
    Hehe

Both true.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

great idea. otherwise these foolz will try to bob barker my playz.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Pretty awesome we got lurkers coming out for this competition

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

when is the deadline to submit plays? before event starts, or at any time before the selected fighters compete?

similarly, how will we handle changes to plays? acceptable only if its done before the event starts, or any time before the fighters involved have competed? or no changes.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Here's what I'm thinking, and am obviously open to suggestions.

The contests in the past were just straight up fighter picks, but I think that's kind of dull.

Everyone gets $1000 per round, you can bet on as many picks as you like, but at least 3 of them have to be at least $200 bets. I will release a lineup of available bets at some point before the card begins with Matchups, Over/Unders, Point Handicaps, and a small selection of props. None of the props will be over a certain price (say +500), and they will just be basic ITD, by decision type props, not starts rd 2, or whoever in rd 3.

Thoughts?
    I'd rather we didn't do that.

Wilbo86

when is the deadline to submit plays? before event starts, or at any time before the selected fighters compete?

similarly, how will we handle changes to plays? acceptable only if its done before the event starts, or any time before the fighters involved have competed? or no changes.
    I'm assuming we want all the plays known and public by the time the event rolls around so maybe a certain period after weigh-ins or before the event starts. We'll need to remember this b1itch is going to be an international affair so we can't make it too stringent incase people are in asleep when a deadline rolls around.

Reckon given its going to fall to a few people to coordinate might be easier for them to have one official email or PM that has a persons plays, no changes. Not my beast though, so what ever people decide.

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    I'm assuming we want all the plays known and public by the time the event rolls around so maybe a certain period after weigh-ins or before the event starts. We'll need to remember this b1itch is going to be an international affair so we can't make it too stringent incase people are in asleep when a deadline rolls around.

Reckon given its going to fall to a few people to coordinate might be easier for them to have one official email or PM that has a persons plays, no changes. Not my beast though, so what ever people decide.
    Also happy to help organize where i can, pending schedule and rules/requirements.

MD

I've got JIBBBY son. Have faith, I'm pretty good, hopefully even better than the Jib.

What are your reasons? Got me curious.

MD

Ron, I think you vs Marzy is awesome, but we can get two really angry grudge matches out of this instead of one, and if things go well, you can still compete against Marz. Win/win, IMO. Any excuse to get my boy Mirin' in on this. I want tbird in too.

MD

I think multiple brackets is a good idea. We're glory hogs, it's why we're here. In a variance-fest like this, most of the regs would rather chop the pot, no? Besides, I don't care about competing against Nunya or Vaughany or Beelze, not interesting from a feud perspective. I want JIBBBY and my buddy FFF. We have a great underground feud going, have him face someone else, winner takes on the victor of the MD/JIBBBY event, as proposed. We will compete against each other for ultimate satisfaction.

Even four people brackets, the variance is high enough so that any one person is unlikely to win (even if only slightly). We could go to eight-man brackets, but they'd need to cover eight cards. I think four-man would be the best, because if people stop posting their plays and we all lose interest, we can end it with the resolution of the four-man brackets. If you all want to see it, we can start pairing off winners of the four-man brackets and have a Super Wombat Car Fight League Super Tournament.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post

yea, it could be handled a number of ways, but i think this should be clarified at the outset. personally i think all plays should be submitted before the event starts, just to keep things simple and easy to monitor. changes should be allowed as long as its done before the event starts.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I think multiple brackets is a good idea. We're glory hogs, it's why we're here. In a variance-fest like this, most of the regs would rather chop the pot, no? Besides, I don't care about competing against Nunya or Vaughany or Beelze, not interesting from a feud perspective. I want JIBBBY and my buddy FFF. We have a great underground feud going, have him face someone else, winner takes on the victor of the MD/JIBBBY event, as proposed. We will compete against each other for ultimate satisfaction.

Even four people brackets, the variance is high enough so that any one person is unlikely to win (even if only slightly). We could go to eight-man brackets, but they'd need to cover eight cards. I think four-man would be the best, because if people stop posting their plays and we all lose interest, we can end it with the resolution of the four-man brackets. If you all want to see it, we can start pairing off winners of the four-man brackets and have a Super Wombat Car Fight League Super Tournament.
    wouldnt 8-man require 3 fight cards? after the first card there will be 4 left. after second card 2 left. after third card we have a winner.

MD

wouldnt 8-man require 3 fight cards? after the first card there will be 4 left. after second card 2 left. after third card we have a winner.
    LOL, meant to say three. Had eight-man brackets on my mind.

Bava
    Update your status
    Bava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

For someone who claims to be a writer, I find his spelling and grammar extremely off pudding
    Points Awarded:

MD gave Bava 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cheeese gave Bava 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MD, alpinepetey, and cheeese

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

For someone who claims to be a writer, I find his spelling and grammar extremely off pudding

MD

Stick around. You're in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bava

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

10 hours and 2 posts to steal my heart? I bet you do everything in seconds.

MD

C'mahn guys, this is what betpoints and the nominate function are for. Good posts don't come around every thread.

Although, this and the JIBBBY thread are littered with them; it's been like prime SBR again for 24hrs or so.

MD

Guys, I'm trying to set up a secret match, like in Metamoris.

I somehow doubt they'll both agree, but if they do, it'll be a hell of a match. Purely one off, outside of the tournament.

First 123456 ... Last