firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

anthony johnson is going to destroy lil nog, come back next saturday and ill say i told you so...
    lawler win by rd 3tko lawler is way to technical for brown, if brown almost gets tkod by erik silva just watch what lawler is going to do to him... Brown will not be able to knockout lawler, he has an iron chin and will, so basically his only chance of a win is decision or a miracle sub. Brown is good but theyve given him good stylistic matches, lawler is going to crush him

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Its more risky to bet on a guy you dont know vs a guy you know. You know what you get with lawler, a guy that is solid in all areas, and that has performed well against the champion. Anthony johnson is good, but there is still some questions left. My money is on lawler, youll even get better odds, so..dont know why anyone would pick johnson in a parlay instead of lawler. It doesnt make sense.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Its more risky to bet on a guy you dont know vs a guy you know. You know what you get with lawler, a guy that is solid in all areas, and that has performed well against the champion. Anthony johnson is good, but there is still some questions left. My money is on lawler, youll even get better odds, so..dont know why anyone would pick johnson in a parlay instead of lawler. It doesnt make sense.
    Matt Brown is an excellent fighter. Lawler and Johnson are both excellent fighters. Nog is not an excellent fighter.

He's probably going to come out looking slow and terrible, get wrecked, and then everyone who bet on him will say "Nog didn't show up".

Spoiler: he doesn't show up. I'm not nearly as confident in Lawler as you guys are, by the way.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Brown is the fokkin man

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    lawler win by rd 3tko lawler is way to technical for brown, if brown almost gets tkod by erik silva just watch what lawler is going to do to him... Brown will not be able to knockout lawler, he has an iron chin and will, so basically his only chance of a win is decision or a miracle sub. Brown is good but theyve given him good stylistic matches, lawler is going to crush him
    Iron chin... Hmmmm? Nick Diaz isn't exactly a power puncher either... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTkn79Vso_E

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Im gonna make a statue of Brown pissing in my pool if he gets the win. Matt "The immortal ATM" Brown!!!

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Iron chin... Hmmmm? Nick Diaz isn't exactly a power puncher either... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTkn79Vso_E
    that was back in the day, he has much better defense now. Think about all the power punchers hes been facing lately without any problems
    hendricks probably the hardest hitter in the division they stood toe to toe all match, Jake ellenberger, koscheck, even bobby voelker

watch the manhoef fight and tell me he doesnt have an amazing chin and iron will

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

It's Lawler's 3rd fight in 5 months. How does that factor in? I feel like it's a benefit, he's going to be comfortable in the cage. No rust there.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    that was back in the day, he has much better defense now. Think about all the power punchers hes been facing lately without any problems
    hendricks probably the hardest hitter in the division they stood toe to toe all match, Jake ellenberger, koscheck, even bobby voelker

watch the manhoef fight and tell me he doesnt have an amazing chin and iron will
    I know (10 years ago).. Still he did get clipped and dropped by an in your face fighter like Nick Diaz, Matt Brown fights in your face a bit as well... Just saying....

Bleacher report head to head write up on this Matt Brown/Robbie Lawler match up... Some good key points to consider in this read if you have the time or interest to check.....(page 3 grappling)

Body shot attack to Mike Brown might be a little over emphasized though in this write up, going all out for the body can leave the chin of Robbie open to be countered.. Not sure Robbie Lawler is a pure body puncher either, he seems like a more natural head hunter to me...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-toe-breakdown
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-21-14 at 02:11 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Good point.. Still he did get clipped and dropped by an in your face fighter like Nick Diaz, Matt Brown fights in your face a bit as well...

Bleacher report head to head write up on this Matt Brown/Robbie Lawler match up... Some good key points to consider in this read if you have the time or interest to check.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-toe-breakdown
    Do u get paid 50cents by bleacherreport for everytime u post a link to their site?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Do u get paid 50cents by bleacherreport for everytime u post a link to their site?
    No personal interest vested - just find alot factual information on their write ups to be helpful which I like to focus on rather then the final opinions and predictions offered up though..

I post MMA junkie links, and several other sources all the time on this forum which I find to have valued facts.. I read alot of write ups that come out on these events from several sources other then BR... I don't favor or discriminate against any of the top writers in MMA today.

If you don't like the BR write ups you don't have to read them V, I'm not twisting your arm bud...

Just remember the more factual information you can gather on a fight, the better chance you will have of picking it right..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-21-14 at 02:45 PM.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

No personal interest vested - just find alot factual information on their write ups to be helpful which I like to focus on rather then the final opinions and predictions offered up though..

I post MMA junkie links, and several other sources all the time on this forum which I find to have valued facts.. I read alot of write ups that come out on these events from several sources other then BR... I don't favor or discriminate against any of the top writers in MMA today.

If you don't like the BR write ups you don't have to read them V, I'm not twisting your arm bud...

Just remember the more factual information you can gather on a fight, the better chance you will have of picking it right..
    Which site do you work for again? did u say you were an MMA writer before?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Which site do you work for again? did u say you were an MMA writer before?
    I did say that.. Paper not site... Just don't like sharing personal information on this forum just yet.. I saw what happen when MD got a hold of THE personal pic...

I can only take so much abuse from this forum already and don't need more.. LOL

Just turned on the messaging function which I was reluctant to do yesterday... I'm coming around...

marzwoody

I did say that.. Just don't like sharing personal information on this forum just yet.. I saw what happen when MD got a hold of THE personal pic...

I can only take so much abuse from this forum already and don't need more.. LOL

Just turned on the messaging function which I was reluctant to do yesterday... I'm coming around...
    I thought u shared your articles on here before pal, but never bothered to click them. wasent trying to get you disclose personnal info, but i guess if you did share your articles it would be real easy for people to find out your name etc..
    Last edited by marzwoody; 07-21-14 at 03:20 PM.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Lol so Matt the immortal who was sitting at 14-11 in 2011 is an excellent fighter but ROger Nog is not? WTF is the shit? I dont want to hear about that stupid ass "depressed" Rashard. Roger Nog beat his ass plan and simple.

I have 2 bitcoins on Roger Nog and will be adding more. That is how confident I am. Cuban Boxing school will be in session and Johnson will be "depressed" after he gets boxed up too. Like his lil bro Rashard. Involved in two of the greatest MMA fights of all time *not a good fighter* shertard logic

PRIDE. NEVER. DIED.

Points Awarded:

marzwoody gave Keyboard Warrior 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Nogueira/Johnson over 1½ rounds at -150 is the best way to bet that fight. I can see either guy winning but probably not by a quick knockout.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I think the odds are all fairly tight. Out of the main card if I were to call any value it is Nog. I mean who knows. Feels like he should be hitting the wall here in no time. He isnt active at all but but never has been.

I could totally see AJ destroying him via being faster and man beast. While Nog has declining reaction time and slower to the punch. I could also see Nog giving an honest effort and landing sometthing clean from the pocket as he isnt afraid to strike like Phil is.

marzwoody

Bermudez vs guida. thoughts?
    Last edited by marzwoody; 07-21-14 at 05:07 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Bermudez vs guida. thoughts?
    Exciting.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Exciting.
    why do you think I look like a girl? Is it my stunning good looks??

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Bermudez Guida is going to be a scramble fest. I don't think Guida can keep Bermudez down and then we get to see some bombs drop. I got Bermudez. Was down to -145 yesterday, jumped on that.

Grice Bermudez is still one of the best fights I've ever seen. Bermudez will force Guida to be involved in a fun fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    why do you think I look like a girl? Is it my stunning good looks??
    Haha delayed reaction

i was aroused yes

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    Bermudez Guida is going to be a scramble fest. I don't think Guida can keep Bermudez down and then we get to see some bombs drop. I got Bermudez. Was down to -145 yesterday, jumped on that.

Grice Bermudez is still one of the best fights I've ever seen. Bermudez will force Guida to be involved in a fun fight.
    I agree. Bermudez has almost double the strikes per minute compared to guida and i really doubt G can hold him down. Bermudez + Johnson it is.

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status
    MarkWoodstick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Amazing how guida has beaten pettis, dos anos and nate diaz. I like bermudez and think hes super talented but that long haired scoundrel Guida somehow finds ways to win
    Points Awarded:

Grabaka gave MarkWoodstick 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

marzwoody

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I'd starch guida if he had the balls to accept my challenge.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Robbie has a great kicking game and will barely use it. He could chop Brown to pieces with those kicks but these guys who feel they are great boxers always stick to the Boxing. Brown has a punchers chance but i wouldn't lay anything on him.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Nobdy gives Nog a shot. When does this guy ever get torched. Johnson isn't gonna just go in there a steamroll him.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    I'd starch guida if he had the balls to accept my challenge.
    Guida by split

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post

Agreed, if this becomes a striking contest it has to favor Bermudez... I gotta bet against Guida and his hair in this one.. Thinking Bermudez by decision..

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Robbie has a great kicking game and will barely use it. He could chop Brown to pieces with those kicks but these guys who feel they are great boxers always stick to the Boxing. Brown has a punchers chance but i wouldn't lay anything on him.
    Robbie will kick in this fight cause he's a southpaw and the left kick to the body will be open and Brown is weak in the body. I see the fight ending this way actually.

However Brown walks forward and hunts you down and Robbie is not great when he's backing up.

for those that thing Robbie has a weak chin cause Diaz KO'd him years ago... That was the perfect punch - on the button, and when you hit someone on the button it doesn't have to be a sledgehammer punch. With that said Robbie was docked against Hendricks and Ellenberger. He hid it well but he was rocked.

I'd make a small play on Brown. You have to shell out too much on Robbie to make any $$$.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave CaptChaos145 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status
    MarkWoodstick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Robbie will kick in this fight cause he's a southpaw and the left kick to the body will be open and Brown is weak in the body. I see the fight ending this way actually.

However Brown walks forward and hunts you down and Robbie is not great when he's backing up.

for those that thing Robbie has a weak chin cause Diaz KO'd him years ago... That was the perfect punch - on the button, and when you hit someone on the button it doesn't have to be a sledgehammer punch. With that said Robbie was docked against Hendricks and Ellenberger. He hid it well but he was rocked.

I'd make a small play on Brown. You have to shell out too much on Robbie to make any $$$.
    I think only one soul on the forum would even suggest that Lawler has a weak chin

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I thought u shared your articles on here before pal, but never bothered to click them. wasent trying to get you disclose personnal info, but i guess if you did share your articles it would be real easy for people to find out your name etc..
    No, I do not share my published articles on the forum and never have.. I mostly write post fight articles anyways which would not serve this forum section any justice.. I have the time to cap, gather info, read most articles, watch vids and even post on this forum leading up to the main events.. As I said before it's part of the job anyways..

Not gun shy to share info with all you fools either but I am concerned about this stuff getting back to my employers to be honest.. Could cost me my job that I enjoy very much... Being an influence on a gambling forum and Gambling is in direct conflict with what I do unfortunately..... I can't risk it...

I have disclosed on this forum that I do live in LA, California, mecca for MMA, around media, gyms, and fighters alot.. Staples Center and Nokia (MMA media head quarters) is right up the road from me here in Santa Monica....

Moving on -

I will say this for Bleacher Report though, they do invite writers to come on board and I do think some of you guys posting on this forum have a talent for it outside of the gambling.. I personally did not come up thru the Bleacher Report ranks and I absolutely have no affiliation with them either but I do know someone who worked this program and gained some experience and success from it..

Check if you want...

http://bleacherreport.com/pages/writ...plication-form
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-21-14 at 10:42 PM.

First 123456 ... Last