THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC 175: Weidman vs. Machida (July 05, 2014)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida
    Ronda Rousey vs. Alexis Davis
    Matt Mitrione vs. Stefan Struve
    Uriah Hall vs. Thiago "Marreta" Santos
    Marcus Brimage vs. Russell Doane

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Alex Caceres vs. Urijah Faber
    Ildemar Alcantara vs. Kenny Robertson
    Chris Camozzi vs. Bruno Santos
    Rob Font vs. George Roop

UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET

Kevin Casey vs. William "Bubba" Bush
    Guilherme Vasconcelos vs. Luke Zachrich

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I like Bruce Leroy, but I'm going with Liz Carmouche in this one.

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

Even though I'm a huge Struve fan, I'm surprised he opened as a favorite after such a long layoff

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by Lick496 View Post
    Even though I'm a huge Struve fan, I'm surprised he opened as a favorite after such a long layoff
    Yeah... what's the deal with that... I thought his career was over because of a heart condition or something?

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

its probably because he can easily submit mittrione, and he is also a better striker, if it wasnt for the long layoff/heart illness thing i would be all over struve

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

yeah but who wouldnt jump all over struve at + $$$ vs mitrione regardless of layoff?

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I'm all over Struve regardless. He's got skills.. Mitrione is "athletic".

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Faber at whatever odds. He isn't going to lose to Caceres.

Santos over Hall, no reason to ever bet Hall at those odds when he's scared to hurt his opponent.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I like Bruce Leroy, but I'm going with Liz Carmouche in this one.

This fight is going to come down to who has the better hair.

Das Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    yeah but who wouldnt jump all over struve at + $$$ vs mitrione regardless of layoff?
    Problem is, I'm not seeing him at +money.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lol

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

all in Machida

Lick496

ya its not necessarily the layoff im worried about, its that im pretty sure Struve couldnt train or excercise in any way for a long time

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i couldn't give two shits about any of these fights but the Weidman fight. These cards are getting more watered down each and every time I wonder who is gonna be on the Gus Jones card? A bunch of shit fights where if Jones or Gus get hurt the card flops

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Hall/Santos and Brimage/Doane on the main card is a JOKE.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i couldn't give two shits about any of these fights but the Weidman fight. These cards are getting more watered down each and every time I wonder who is gonna be on the Gus Jones card? A bunch of shit fights where if Jones or Gus get hurt the card flops
    Outside of the main events, the PPVs now are no better (and, in many cases, worse) than the Fox Sports 1 cards. The non-champion top-10 talent is being used to carry the free shows, leaving the PPVs with lackluster undercards.
    Last edited by Skel; 06-24-14 at 12:22 AM.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

i like struve and machida. might throw faber into some sort of parlay.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    UFC is a joke, they wont crack 500,000 ppv buys this year.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Esp over faber vs bruce leeroy. in what reality does that make sense? the UFC must be smoking that strong weed.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Machida can be tricky for anyone in the UFC if you let him play his game and chase him. I think Weidman has what it takes to take him out of his game.

Give me Wediman.

I like Bruce Leroy but not sure what they are doing here. Faber doesn't lose this fight.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Faber too strong for Leroy, but Machida has what it takes to taste gold again from Chris.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Faber too strong for Leroy, but Machida has what it takes to taste gold again from Chris.
    Has what it takes perhaps. But he will jave to play keep away for 5 rounds and get the nod. Unless Machida wants to sneak attack this shit, I expect him to play ultra keep away from a guy like Weidman.

Chris should be able to get TDs. Chris should be way stronger. Chris should be confident. The question maybe, is can Machida wear him out for a couple rounds without getting hurt? Machida can go 5. We still dont know if Chris can.

Das Jax

So, I like Machida quite a bit, but I'm not sure you guys are giving Weidman the respect he deserves. The dude really is that good and I don't see him losing the belt for some time. Machida is a great striker/tactician, but certainly no more so than Silva and we all saw how that worked out. Additionally, his super evasive/counter punching fighting style doesn't lend itself to a likely decision victory and is something best utilized against weak-minded fighters, which Weidman certainly isn't. Additionally, as much as I respect Weidman's skills and fight instincts, what really impresses me most about him is his strategic understanding of the fight. Dude's no brawler and Machida, bless his urine-drinking heart, won't have what it takes to get the job done. Anything under -500 for Weidman is a beautiful thing.
    Last edited by Das Jax; 06-26-14 at 05:17 PM.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

ya its not necessarily the layoff im worried about, its that im pretty sure Struve couldnt train or excercise in any way for a long time
    From what I've heard he was training through most of the layoff.

Lick496

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    From what I've heard he was training through most of the layoff.

really? im basically just going off of a post i saw from him that said "excited to get back to training finally" or something along the lines of that. It was a while ago though and i may have misunderstood it. Struve is still my boy though, im just a little nervous on this one

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by Das Jax View Post
    So, I like Machida quite a bit, but I'm not sure you guys are giving Weidman the respect he deserves. The dude really is that good and I don't see him losing the belt for some time. Machida is a great striker/tactician, but certainly no more so than Silva and we all saw how that worked out. Additionally, his super evasive/counter punching fighting style doesn't lend itself to a likely decision victory and is something best utilized against weak-minded fighters, which Weidman certainly isn't. Additionally, as much as I respect Weidman's skills and fight instincts, what really impresses me most about him is his strategic understanding of the fight. Dude's no brawler and Machida, bless his urine-drinking heart, won't have what it takes to get the job done. Anything under -500 for Weidman is a beautiful thing.
    This is gonna be my write up on this fight so far -

Machida is awkward and you just never know how a fighter is gonna react to his style.. Weidman included.. Weidman might get my nod just because of his wrestling and grappling advantage, length and reach also perhaps..

Gotta consider though that Machida is 2-0 at this 185 pound weight class and has a remotely similar peek a boo stand up fight style as Anderson Silva, in addition to that he is VERY hard to take down. Rashad Evans can tell you that...

Moving on - Before the KO of Anderson Silva he was getting the better of Weidman standing.. Hmmm?.. Machida is 36 years old now which is probably not a good thing in this sport compared to Weidman 30.....

I'm gonna ponder on this fight all week leading up as far as a betting stand point is concerned.....

Decent write up on the fight from a gambling source point of view - http://www.lootmeister.com/mma/ufc-175-predictions.php
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-30-14 at 12:07 AM.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Esp over faber vs bruce leeroy. in what reality does that make sense? the UFC must be smoking that strong weed.
    You should realize by now that the UFC always puts a strong fight as the "main event" on the televised prelims to boost viewership in hopes that will lead to more impulse PPV buys. I personally don't care what order the fights occur in because I watch the entire card from Fight Pass prelims to tv to PPV.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I just wanna know if anyone is gonna make a small play on Alexis Davis against Rhonda Rousey with those odds being offered up?..

This is MMA and anything is possible, with that being said I'm gonna wait til game time when those odds reach -1500 or more and play 20 bucks on Davis.. It's money probably lost but damn if I'm gonna parlay Rhonda Rousey on every other fight thinking it's a lock just to have action...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-29-14 at 08:47 PM.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I just wanna know if anyone is gonna make a small play on Alexis Davis against Rhonda Rousey with those odds being offered up?..

This is MMA and anything is possible, with that being said I'm gonna wait til game time when those odds reach -1500 or more and play 20 bucks on Davis.. It's money probably lost but damn if I'm gonna parlay Rhonda Rousey on every other fight thinking it's a lock just to have action...
    If Davis gets Rousey's back like Carmouche did then Rousey's going to sleep.

Das Jax

I put half a unit on Davis. Rousey isn't invincible and Davis isn't exactly a can from what I can tell. I figure it's worth a shot. I think Rousey is far more likely to go down than Faber actually.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    If Davis gets Rousey's back like Carmouche did then Rousey's going to sleep.
    Big if Ronny........

This would be an upset equivalent to Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson back in the day.. Probably would be the biggest upset in UFC history if I had to guess on the main stage... I can't remember a +1000 dog winning a fight on a main card...

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alexis Davis and Alex Caceres were both worth at least a small play at +1000. I put $25 on each.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    Alexis Davis and Alex Caceres were both worth at least a small play at +1000. I put $25 on each.
    Personally i think demons have a better chance of escaping from a vortex in the sky, then those two winning.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Personally i think demons have a better chance of escaping from a vortex in the sky, then those two winning.
    These people need to realize these fights are worked shoots. WWE had some fixed matches at Money in the Bank and some were real. Same thing happens with the other Entertainment brand "UFC." Botched worked shoot been going on in zuffa for a long time------>
    Last edited by Keyboard Warrior; 06-30-14 at 11:25 AM.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    These people need to realize these fights are worked shoots. WWE had some fixed matches at Money in the Bank and some were real. Same thing happens with the other Entertainment brand "UFC." Botched worked shoot been going on in zuffa for a long time------>
    Looks real to me

1234 ... Last