stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Toronto Blue Jays -235 (series) Texas Rangers

Personally think Texas has next to no shot at beating Toronto.
    Sorry Opie, the team that beats the Blue Jays will do it with pitching, and the Rangers ain't got it.

-235 is too much lumber to lay, I may use Toronto in parlays, but don't like putting up 235 to win 100.

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

WRONG

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

Texas has no shot here...agree with nasher

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Toronto hasn't won a playoff game for 22 years. Texas is battle tested and with a superior coach. I see them with the advantage on a 50/50 series.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Toronto hasn't won a playoff game for 22 years. Texas is battle tested and with a superior coach. I see them with the advantage on a 50/50 series.
    But they won the World Series that year....Texas is like that failed realtor...can't close

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    But they won the World Series that year....Texas is like that failed realtor...can't close
    or like the Georgia Bulldogs

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Toronto much better team. Not -235 better.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Isn't it best of 5??

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Ya.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Ya.
    That's why -235 due to home field...best of seven maybe only -190 or -185 better

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

-235 feels pretty good, if anything a tad on the low side but okay. Pass for me gl Steve.

5 games series Toronto gets 3 in Rogers....how do you take Texas +225?? +300 now we are getting close imho.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    -235 feels pretty good, if anything a tad on the low side but okay. Pass for me gl Steve.

5 games series Toronto gets 3 in Rogers....how do you take Texas +225?? +300 now we are getting close imho.
    Ra77er...it only makes sense that a Canadian team win in an American sport since no Canadian teams can win in the NHL...LMAO
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave Booya711 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ra77er

Vegas39

Ra77er...it only makes sense that a Canadian team win in an American sport since no Canadian teams can win in the NHL...LMAO

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

TEXAS CAN HIT WITH THE BEST OF THEM,MARK MY WORD

pjj77
    pjj77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1504

Yeah difference is there is only 7 Canadian teams and not too long ago 6, the newest one is recovering from a shit Atlanta franchise

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by pjj77 View Post
    Yeah difference is there is only 7 Canadian teams and not too long ago 6, the newest one is recovering from a shit Atlanta franchise
    But only ONE baseball franchise in Canada and they are winning

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2745

Wow did not think Toronto would be at -235. What book are you getting those odds from? I don't see anything up on Pinnacle for the series price either. If Texas wins game 1 against Price, it will change everything. All the talk in TO today was around the decision of John Gibbons to start the B squad in the final few games and lose. People's fear in TO are that the team may not be as "sharp" and may drop 1 of the first 2 games in TO. It helps Price is good for 2 starts but I don't think TO sweeps IMO. Also, if your a believer in TO, I'm curious what Price will be for Game #1. Why lay -235 on the series when it might that for game # 1 anyway? Good luck in your plays.

Vegas39

But only ONE baseball franchise in Canada and they are winning
    in the same fukkin city as worst run NHL franchise

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by KANSAS24 View Post
    TEXAS CAN HIT WITH THE BEST OF THEM,MARK MY WORD
    Nobody is saying they can not hit, Beltre has been a favorite of mine for years, Prince turned the clock back ten years and had a monster season, Moreland has a nice stick, and Andrus is slappy.

However, (and I am not a Blue Jay fan) Andrus ain't Tulo, Beltre ain't Donaldson, Prince ain't Bautista or Encarncion, and on and on and on.

Also, you have to face Price maybe twice, and Buerle once.
    Choo doesn't hit LHP well, neither does Moreland, Prince, so-so.
    Napoli used to hit LHP well, nine years ago, but he's a shell of his former self.
    Beltre is a lefty killer though.

Texas albeit a good hitting club, not in Toronto's or KC's class, they don't have an answer for Price.
    Texas does not have enough pitching to shut down their top six in the order.
    Last edited by stevenash; 10-05-15 at 07:20 PM.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Wow did not think Toronto would be at -235. What book are you getting those odds from? I don't see anything up on Pinnacle for the series price either. If Texas wins game 1 against Price, it will change everything. All the talk in TO today was around the decision of John Gibbons to start the B squad in the final few games and lose. People's fear in TO are that the team may not be as "sharp" and may drop 1 of the first 2 games in TO. It helps Price is good for 2 starts but I don't think TO sweeps IMO. Also, if your a believer in TO, I'm curious what Price will be for Game #1. Why lay -235 on the series when it might that for game # 1 anyway? Good luck in your plays.
    Texas Rangers vs Toronto Blue Jays - MLB Series Prices - Best of Five
    Thu 10/8 881 Texas Rangers (Series) +195
    3:00PM 882 Toronto Blue Jays (Series) -235

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Texas tied the Cardinals and the Pirates for best road record in baseball, so they have that going for them. They also hit Price pretty good in the playoffs when he was with Tampa, (although I think there are only 3 Rangers left from that team). I still think the Blue Jays will win, but with these odds I'd lean towards Texas because of the value.

Beltre has 21 RBI's in the last two weeks and Choo was the Player of the month in September. However, as usual, it will be the Rangers pitching that will let them down.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Toronto much better team. Not -235 better.
    Bingo.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Looked up Prices stats vs the Rangers. He had a 4.97 Era in both the playoff series (2 games) and in 2012-14 (4 games). He pitched against them once this year and gave up 2 runs in 6 innings.

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Nobody is saying they can not hit, Beltre has been a favorite of mine for years, Prince turned the clock back ten years and had a monster season, Moreland has a nice stick, and Andrus is slappy.

However, (and I am not a Blue Jay fan) Andrus ain't Tulo, Beltre ain't Donaldson, Prince ain't Bautista or Encarncion, and on and on and on.

Choo doesn't hit LHP well, neither does Moreland, Prince, so-so.
    Napoli used to hit LHP well, nine years ago, but he's a shell of his former self.
    Beltre is a lefty killer though.

Texas albeit a good hitting club, not in Toronto's or KC's class, they don't have an answer for Price.
    Texas does not have enough pitching to shut down their top six in the order.
    Buerhle won't even be on the Jays' roster, but facing Price twice will be brutal for Texas with their struggles against LHP.

Ra77er

Harold Reynolds made some good comments about the Rangers possibly pulling this upset....I have over the last few years become a bit of a Ranger/Texas sports homer in general.....look don't judge me I live here and I like sports so it is natural.

They are intriguing with a blend of youth, veterans, power, little bit of speed. The bullpen overachieved...well probably the entire pitching staff as a whole. Hamels is not that much worse than David Price is he?

The major concern is Tolleson's (even Ohlendorf to a lesser degree) mental state from blowing B2B games vs the Angels. Some may say it is good he did that in the regular season and I worry he may not recover mentally from those kinds of performance(s) this quickly. Also troubling because that may be the playoff Tolleson preview....

Sam "Iron Mike" Dyson is a key bullpen arm for Rangers....I think he can get through an inning but outside of him I worry. Tolleson did collect some stats (saves) this year but he doesn't miss bats like I would personally prefer in a closer.

Infield defense is advatage Texas and no offense JAY fans but starting pitching I actually give the slight advantage to Texas.

I do trust the Jays bullpen more along with the obvious MVP Donaldson lineup, throw in homefield and well the series number is a pass as I said already. Interested to see the individual prices however, and I am scouring for tickets to game3 four on Sunday...250 a piece yikes... I need a few winners immediately.
    Last edited by Ra77er; 10-05-15 at 08:15 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Texas in 3 games

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10373

If I'm manager of Texas Rangers you MUST Start Yvonni Gallardo in the first game.

2015 vs Toronto Blue Jays: 2-0; era 0.0000000; whip 0.805

I believe at least 1 of those starts occurred in Toronto.

If Texas can take game 1, they will clearly have the upper hand with Hamels in game 2. Then back to Texas possibly up a game or two. Bheurle sucks late in the season. He will get rocked. Estrada sucks period and was beneficiary of 5 run leads after 2 innings most games. He will get rocked. Dickey, who the fuk knows. I would take Holland and Perez any day over those 3 gas-bags. Maybe even colby lewis as rhp could have some success vs Jays. I don't think this is as slam dunk for the Jays as one might think.
    Last edited by trobin31; 10-05-15 at 08:34 PM.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Buehrle is not going to even be on the postseason roster. The rotation is going to be Price, Stroman, Estrada and Dickey in some order.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

All in with the Jays, they win this series....

TheSituation87
    TheSituation87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

I want to say Blue Jays take the series, but Texas has been a hot team the past couple weeks and can hang in there with the Blue Jays. I think the Blue Jays have peaked and are cooling down in a wrong time

especially if Texas wins game 1, it's over for the Jays. It's a toss up but everyone will be on the Jays, so I would go with some money on Texas series at +money

i went with Yankees(+105 ML) wild card tomorrow
    i strongly believe Cubs win the wild card with Arieta and they are on an 8 game winning streak coming in.

No no good value though so I'm laying off

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Looked up Prices stats vs the Rangers. He had a 4.97 Era in both the playoff series (2 games) and in 2012-14 (4 games). He pitched against them once this year and gave up 2 runs in 6 innings.

sharp post.

I think both underdogs in the ALDS will advance.

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Harold Reynolds made some good comments about the Rangers possibly pulling this upset....I have over the last few years become a bit of a Ranger/Texas sports homer in general.....look don't judge me I live here and I like sports so it is natural.

They are intriguing with a blend of youth, veterans, power, little bit of speed. The bullpen overachieved...well probably the entire pitching staff as a whole. Hamels is not that much worse than David Price is he?

The major concern is Tolleson's (even Ohlendorf to a lesser degree) mental state from blowing B2B games vs the Angels. Some may say it is good he did that in the regular season and I worry he may not recover mentally from those kinds of performance(s) this quickly. Also troubling because that may be the playoff Tolleson preview....

Sam "Iron Mike" Dyson is a key bullpen arm for Rangers....I think he can get through an inning but outside of him I worry. Tolleson did collect some stats (saves) this year but he doesn't miss bats like I would personally prefer in a closer.

Infield defense is advatage Texas and no offense JAY fans but starting pitching I actually give the slight advantage to Texas.

I do trust the Jays bullpen more along with the obvious MVP Donaldson lineup, throw in homefield and well the series number is a pass as I said already. Interested to see the individual prices however, and I am scouring for tickets to game3 four on Sunday...250 a piece yikes... I need a few winners immediately.
    its ok if tolleson sucks, osuna is a mental midget himself.

missedpenalty
    missedpenalty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

toronto wins. texas starting rotation is non playoff caliber.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10373

Texas going with Hamels gm 1, mistake.

123 Last