Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    If I'm manager of Texas Rangers you MUST Start Yvonni Gallardo in the first game.

2015 vs Toronto Blue Jays: 2-0; era 0.0000000; whip 0.805

I believe at least 1 of those starts occurred in Toronto.

If Texas can take game 1, they will clearly have the upper hand with Hamels in game 2. Then back to Texas possibly up a game or two. Bheurle sucks late in the season. He will get rocked. Estrada sucks period and was beneficiary of 5 run leads after 2 innings most games. He will get rocked. Dickey, who the fuk knows. I would take Holland and Perez any day over those 3 gas-bags. Maybe even colby lewis as rhp could have some success vs Jays. I don't think this is as slam dunk for the Jays as one might think.

Good post, I see they are going with Gallardo GM 1

I'm_Lucky
    I'm_Lucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23098

I'm not an expert in baseball, but as a lifelong Jays fan who has attended several games & watched pretty much every televised games this year, I'd advise anyone thinking of taking the Jays at a series price of -235 to seriously reconsider.

Jays are a fastball hitting team... they struggle against pitchers who have a variety of pitches that mix it up, those who have late movement, and what baseball people like to refer to as "backward pitchers." This is the exact reason why Gallardo has had great success against the Jays this year: 2-0, 0.00 ERA. Essentially, the Jays can't hit against pitchers like Tanaka, Estrada, Ryu, etc. Hamels could easily win one for Texas as well. Lastly, Dickey will most likely be starting Game 3 and I don't trust that guy in any game... kunckleballers are an enigma, and quite honestly, I always worry when Dickey is on the mound cause I don't know which Dickey is going to show up - the guy that throws 8 scoreless innings giving up 4 hits, or the guy that gives up 6 runs in 1 inning.

Should the Jays be favored in the series? Absolutely. But not at a price of -235... it's absurd and quite comical they are priced this high. If I wasn't rooting for the Jays, I'd probably make a small play on Texas. I'm hoping the Jays move onto the ALCS, but more importantly, I'm hoping Jacoby spent a great deal of time with the players in the film room on how to approach backward pitchers for the post-season.

Just my 2 cents
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: str

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by KANSAS24 View Post
    TEXAS CAN HIT WITH THE BEST OF THEM,MARK MY WORD
    But hitting wise, Toronto is the best...and Texas doesnt hit with them. 😜

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

As already stated the series price is ridiculous, not worth -235...bet this one game by game

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Forget it

Texas cannot win

Minor league pitchers

Overs a must

Nick_U
    Nick_U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

This will be a close series. I'm a jays fan, and have made a TON of money on them this year. But I also kniw how good the Texas rangers are. Gallardo has the jays number as well, Texas might actually win game one. Also.... For you guys saying the rangers struggle against lefties, are you kidding me? They have smashed lefties ALL year, are you even watching? They lead in the league in runs against lefty pitching. Jays win in 5 is my guess.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Forget it

Texas cannot win

Minor league pitchers

Overs a must
    all toronto fans right now

hans83
    hans83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 569

Toronto will kill hamels, Encarnacion 2 home runs, Donaldson 1 home run

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

I wouldnt so quick writing off Texas here.

Lineup can go hit for hit with Toronto, If Texas takes 1 from Price; they win series

Albert Poo Holes
    Albert Poo Holes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 841

Game one decides a lot. If Gallardo can get a quality start (which he has done twice against toronto this year), best bullpen in AL second half of season, then world series MVP gets ball in game 2 against a righty who has made 4 starts this season. Then you go back to arlington where the rangers have been dominating. Lot of playoff experience and fight in rangers. All in all dont see why jays would be -235. Think a lot of the jays but these are probably the 2 best teams in the AL

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

Forget it

Texas cannot win

Minor league pitchers

Overs a must

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Poo Holes View Post
    Game one decides a lot. If Gallardo can get a quality start (which he has done twice against toronto this year), best bullpen in AL second half of season, then world series MVP gets ball in game 2 against a righty who has made 4 starts this season. Then you go back to arlington where the rangers have been dominating. Lot of playoff experience and fight in rangers. All in all dont see why jays would be -235. Think a lot of the jays but these are probably the 2 best teams in the AL

Yup. It really comes down to Game 1. If Texas wins game 1, odds will drop right to even money on both side if not Texas -105/-115ish to win series.

Might as well take them +235 now.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Forget the series bet, take Texas for game 1. Same value.

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Jays vs royals. Both teams are superior

rattlemonkey
    rattlemonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

Makes way more sense to take them at -230 for first game. And if they lose, since you think they win series, get a better value on series bet. Imo.

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

all of you people saying texas has no chance are the same clowns saying they couldnt even get the 2nd wild card. guess what bitches? they won the al west
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JameisBrady

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Texas in 3 games

Thanks

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Thanks
    Omg we have a prophet!!! Didn't realize winning the first game means you won the series. Welp better take that money and parlay the next game gayboy.

KANSAS24

Quote Originally Posted by KANSAS24 View Post
    TEXAS CAN HIT WITH THE BEST OF THEM,MARK MY WORD

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Toronto hasn't won a playoff game for 22 years. Texas is battle tested and with a superior coach. I see them with the advantage on a 50/50 series.
    2-0 Texas

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

The fa gooot jinxed my team. Great job bud for pickig a -235 fav.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Jays have been awful.

knucklecurve
    knucklecurve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

and they are favored in game 3

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

I don't care what anyone says but STEVENASH, you are the biggest kiss of death on SBR. Jinxed my team with your bullshit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These games can go either way

It comes down to big hits and they cannot get any

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Lucky View Post
    I'm not an expert in baseball, but as a lifelong Jays fan who has attended several games & watched pretty much every televised games this year, I'd advise anyone thinking of taking the Jays at a series price of -235 to seriously reconsider.

Jays are a fastball hitting team... they struggle against pitchers who have a variety of pitches that mix it up, those who have late movement, and what baseball people like to refer to as "backward pitchers." This is the exact reason why Gallardo has had great success against the Jays this year: 2-0, 0.00 ERA. Essentially, the Jays can't hit against pitchers like Tanaka, Estrada, Ryu, etc. Hamels could easily win one for Texas as well. Lastly, Dickey will most likely be starting Game 3 and I don't trust that guy in any game... kunckleballers are an enigma, and quite honestly, I always worry when Dickey is on the mound cause I don't know which Dickey is going to show up - the guy that throws 8 scoreless innings giving up 4 hits, or the guy that gives up 6 runs in 1 inning.

Should the Jays be favored in the series? Absolutely. But not at a price of -235... it's absurd and quite comical they are priced this high. If I wasn't rooting for the Jays, I'd probably make a small play on Texas. I'm hoping the Jays move onto the ALCS, but more importantly, I'm hoping Jacoby spent a great deal of time with the players in the film room on how to approach backward pitchers for the post-season.

Just my 2 cents
    You should post more often

KANSAS24

These games can go either way

It comes down to big hits and they cannot get any
    GO BACK AND READ YOUR EARLIER POST

KANSAS24

ITS ALL OVER NOW TEXAS WILL MOVE ON

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not looking good!!!

Perhaps the Jays will win 3 straight???

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

Quote Originally Posted by dalogester View Post
    Omg we have a prophet!!! Didn't realize winning the first game means you won the series. Welp better take that money and parlay the next game gayboy.

what was that loser?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Lucky View Post

Just my 2 cents

Here is my 2 cents.

Your post is a breath of fresh air.

Not because you are right or wrong, we don't know yet. It's because it is solid reasoning and fact.

Both of those are rare around here.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

As I stated in the Blue Jay in-game thread yesterday, I thought Texas had next to no chance of beating Toronto because I thought Texas's pitching wasn't deep enough.

So, I thought I'd drop by to say it looks like I was way off on Texas Ranger pitching (and I've seen enough Texas games this season)

I also said I can not lay -235, and even though I did consider using Toronto in parlays, I did not, so I don't mind being wrong this time.

Good luck Ranger fans

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Price will always blow in the postseason.

L.A
    L.A's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Toronto couldn't find their rhythm whole game tbh, Texas took advantage of it. -235 (for the series) for Blue Jays looking like a mirage now.

First 123 Last