neureicher
    neureicher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 841

US Open Qualifying

What are your thoughts about the US Open qualifying games today?
    In which games do you see possible surprises and which favourites should come through easily?

ProDane
    ProDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4526

Wednesday pick

Can I please have some feedback on this match before I hit it real hard?

Go Soeda [109] - Andrey Rublev [198]

1 round match in the qualification for the US Open between the experienced hardcourter Soeda against the 17 year old young gun Rublev from Russia. I know that this is a very open match, but I have a certain feeling that the Russian young gun will take his one. I have seen both guys play, and Soeda has definetely not impressed me this year - while Rublev looks like a future top 50 player to me (at least).

I think that talent beats experience today and therefore i pick Rublev to win this match!
    Odds 2.00
    Points Awarded:

adila1401 gave ProDane 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ProDane

Another wednesday pick

Hit this one without even thinking about it

Jarry - Kudryatsev

Kudryatsev will win this with no problems at all. Jarry is 2/7 on hard this year while Kudryatsev (a decent hardcourter) has had 18/14 on hard this year.

Kudryatsev win odds 1,45

Inside In
    Inside In's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Today I've only Alejandro Gonzalez..

Alejandro Gonzalez is a Colombian player who is still improving his game to consolidate his position in the top100. After Wimbledon he did not lose any match as favourite, even beating Tim Smyczek in the Canadian Masters. He is playing well in Grand Slams, particularly in the hard ones, as he reached second round in the Australian Open this year, beating Fabio Fognini, as well as last year he went to second round here in the US Open. About Marcos Giron, he was playing the USA university circuit, going into professional last year, but his results do not show positive things. He still has not any good win, against a better player, and the pressure of achieving some good results in the university circuit may put more pressure on him than he would like to.

Gonzalez is one step forward than Giron, and his experience may take an important role during this match. The Colombian should be a bit better in every part of the game, even though Giron is playing at home. This second argument is the only reason Gonzalez is at 1.70, as if they were playing in other country, Gonzalez should be lower than 1.40 in my opinion.

Cheers!
    Points Awarded:

ProDane gave Inside In 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

tophat90
    tophat90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Sounds like a good pick - good luck!

ProDane

Easy wins on wednesday

I hope some of you guys followed my advice on Rublev [6-2; 6-3] and Kudryavtsev [6-1; 6-4].
    Easy win today and big thanks to my bookie for these two gifts

I will be back tomorrow thursday morning with more awesome picks for you.
    - Seeya later.
    Points Awarded:

adila1401 gave ProDane 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

I did tail Kudryatsev pick. Thanks and well done!

Inside In

Cirstea to beat Vekic sounds very good, good odds imo!

Yesterday Gonzalez was won in straight

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

hows Andrey Rublev v Y Sugita today??

ProDane

Thursday picks

Sasnovich [118] - Badosa [215]
    2. round in the women qualification to the US open and this looks like a very easy pick.

Sasnovich is a decent hardcourt player and somehow always manages to win against players at her rank or lower. She comes to the 2. round with an easy 6-4, 6-2 victory in her bag. On the other hand Badosa comes to the 2. round after er win in 3 sets which indicates that Sasnovich is in better form.
    Sasnovich counts win against Niculescu and U. Radwanska in her last five, while Badosa is still a ITF player.

Today Sasnovich will win because she is in better form and because ITF level player Badosa cant play at this level.
    Odds 1.75
    Good luck to those of you who decides to follow.

I will not give any analysis of this one, but i will throw a small amount of money on Kudryavtsev today at odds 2.80
    Last edited by ProDane; 08-27-15 at 10:39 AM.

sexmann
    sexmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10562

badosa won the french open for juniors ... if you pick rublev over soeda because of the talent, you should also pick badosa here

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Badosa is a junior champion. She's only just beginning her pro career, and has
    displayed a level of talent that is much higher than Sasnovich, who is a known commodity.
    jus sayin.

exoticus
    exoticus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1104

Steve Johnson vs Yen-Hsun Lu - Tie break in match @2.10

Both players with 7 victories out of 10 matches. Both are playing good lately, Johnson defeated Tsonga so he must be motivated today. With his serve ( 82% won first serve against Tsonga) i expect him to give Yen-Hsun Lu hard time breaking him.Also 6 out of 7 break points saved for Johnson shows us he is pretty confident and will be hard time for Yen-Hsun Lu to make a break as well. On the other side Yen-Hsun Lu took medical time-out last time out, but managed to finish the match like there was nothing bothering him. I will take my chances here

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Misleading post, Sasnovich did not beat A.Radwanska she beat her sister U.Radwanska... Huge difference

CraigNet8
    CraigNet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by Inside In View Post
    Today I've only Alejandro Gonzalez..

Alejandro Gonzalez is a Colombian player who is still improving his game to consolidate his position in the top100. After Wimbledon he did not lose any match as favourite, even beating Tim Smyczek in the Canadian Masters. He is playing well in Grand Slams, particularly in the hard ones, as he reached second round in the Australian Open this year, beating Fabio Fognini, as well as last year he went to second round here in the US Open. About Marcos Giron, he was playing the USA university circuit, going into professional last year, but his results do not show positive things. He still has not any good win, against a better player, and the pressure of achieving some good results in the university circuit may put more pressure on him than he would like to.

Gonzalez is one step forward than Giron, and his experience may take an important role during this match. The Colombian should be a bit better in every part of the game, even though Giron is playing at home. This second argument is the only reason Gonzalez is at 1.70, as if they were playing in other country, Gonzalez should be lower than 1.40 in my opinion.

Cheers!
    Good call. I like Cirstea today as well.

Jerimjob
    Jerimjob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2499

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Misleading post, Sasnovich did not beat A.Radwanska she beat her sister U.Radwanska... Huge difference
    Was just about to say that.... I don't think Badosa was given a lot of credit by OP... Sasnovich smoked in the first set ...

ProDane

Sorry for misleading post, I edited it to Uzurla - sorry. She got the second set so now she has the chance to win.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Nice Call on Sasnovich

Jerimjob
    Jerimjob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2499

Although the Radwanska thing threw me off, nice call.... the youngster faded after the first set

ProDane

Sasnovich win

Good win for Sasnovich after shaky first set she won 2-6, 6-3, 6-1

Again I have a good feeling for Kudryavtsev later tonight at odds 2.80

I hope that some of you earned a few bucks on my first call of the day.

Inside In

Damn, finally Sorana Cirstea won the first set.. She had more than opportunities to end it easily...

neureicher
    neureicher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 841

Clezar beats Almagro in 3, this is really the joke of the year
    Points Awarded:

picopico101 gave neureicher 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sexmann
    sexmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10562

montanes @ 2.5

CraigNet8
    CraigNet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by neureicher View Post
    Clezar beats Almagro in 3, this is really the joke of the year
    Wish I could have watched this match to see what happened. There must have been something wrong with Almagro, surely? Watch Smith destroy Clezar tonight!

ProDane

Friday double

I am betting on Marchenko+Rublev in a double today.

ProDane

Solid 2-1 for both guys today, happy with a good plus for the day.
    On the other hand dissapointed that Kudryavtsev didn't win against Melzer tomorrow.

Im now 5/6 on my picks here at SBR

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Well done sir

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by sexmann View Post
    montanes @ 2.5
    Silly to consider fading Ymer who has now qualified in all 4 slams this year. Ymer choked in their clay encounter earlier this year serving for the match but a hardcourt match favors Ymer insanely. Montanes doesn't know how to play away from clay and his 30% win record on hard reflects that.