Serena killed my bankroll

sad story. greed is bad.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    sad story. greed is bad.
    cant trust women, i was going to put her in a parlay to close out but thank god the game started before I could. Hope you can recover

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

williams is usually up for big occasions and i really thought she was gonna destroy halep
    you went big pre-match or in-play?

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Very sorry to hear that. I learned long ago from taking the huge MLS even in parlays. They seem to always come back to bite me. Didn't get to watch but acore line makes it seem like it was no chance from the start. Slowly but surely win it back!

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

How long do you think it will take you to get the money back through arbing? Hopefully no more than a week, otherwise that's a pretty big loss for you.

k0karn
    k0karn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

How hard would you say it is to arb, MiddleMan?

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I usually operate under the 'Don't trust WTA....except for Serena' motto, but today was just ridiculous. I lost a bit on her too today, not an entire bankroll though, thankfully

MiddleMan

Quote Originally Posted by k0karn View Post
    How hard would you say it is to arb, MiddleMan?
    Not hard at all.

Pinnacle is imperative if you wish to arb. The hardest part is signing up in family member's names after you have been limited. Obviously Pinnacle encourages arbitrage betting. Betfair is another agency I would recommend, but be mindful of commission owed when factoring in arb %.

I have been limited with over 12 different books. Some books I have been limited six or seven times and I am slowly running out of friends/family members who are willing to create accounts and allow me to bet in their name.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Not hard at all.

Pinnacle is imperative if you wish to arb. The hardest part is signing up in family member's names after you have been limited. Obviously Pinnacle encourages arbitrage betting. Betfair is another agency I would recommend, but be mindful of commission owed when factoring in arb %.

I have been limited with over 12 different books. Some books I have been limited six or seven times and I am slowly running out of friends/family members who are willing to create accounts and allow me to bet in their name.
    If youre truly arbing why would you be getting limited. I mean if youre finding price differences amongst different books, I dont see why one limit you unless somehow sister books saw you betting on opposites, otherwise why the limiting? Or are you really trading?

MiddleMan

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    If youre truly arbing why would you be getting limited. I mean if youre finding price differences amongst different books, I dont see why one limit you unless somehow sister books saw you betting on opposites, otherwise why the limiting? Or are you really trading?
    Books don't like you arbing. If you are constantly taking advantage of weaker markets and winning frequently, you will be limited. Some books limit you quicker than others.

Saturday just gone, my account got restricted at the TAB, which is easily the largest bookmaker in Australia. The funny thing is, even though every single bet I place through my online account goes straight to a trader for confirmation, there is nothing stopping me from driving three minutes down the road, walk into a TAB outlet, and place the bet in person. The only downside is during the week the TAB is only open from 11:00-20:30, and it's a major inconvenience. I never thought I would ever be limited by them (it took 18 months).

This might help you understand why I have been limited. The following spreadsheet is based on the previous financial year (01/07/2013 - 30/06/2014)

It's not hard to see there why I get limited so easily. Every single account there apart from Betfair, Pinnacle and TAB, I was betting on my original account for the entire financial year.

These are my results so far for the current financial year, which continues on from the previous financial year.

Understand that this is not completely arbing. I also enjoy a "normal" punt, which is why I occasionally have losing weeks (especially in heavy working weeks where I don't have much time to look for arbs).

Very easy to arb if you are committed enough.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Didnt answer what I asked. Hey still confused, if youre taking opposing teams of a match with different books which is arbing correct? If youre looking for price swings/differences on a match within same book, not arbing, rather trading. Again if youre arbing amongst different books Im not seeing why limited. Anyway hope you find a solution.

MiddleMan

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Didnt answer what I asked. Hey still confused, if youre taking opposing teams of a match with different books which is arbing correct? If youre looking for price swings/differences on a match within same book, not arbing, rather trading. Again if youre arbing amongst different books Im not seeing why limited. Anyway hope you find a solution.
    If only bookmaker managers think the same way as you do. I'm not a bookmaker manager, so I'm not really in a position to answer your question.