Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL
    Zenyatta 19-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 591

Anybody like Troicki?

Been playing great tennis lately and lost his last match due to losing his composure after he had a chance to take the first set. I believe he was up 5-2 in the first set and ended up losing it to giraldo, knew he was done after that happened. feedback anyone?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Youzhny has been terrible this year, but Troicki I think is starting to get over valued because of some of the attention he's drawn for improving his ranking. I'm not sure beating a bunch of Challenger guys counts as great tennis specifically and on an entirely different surface. He's certainly probably got better motivation at this time of year than most - but Troicki tends to be one of those trappy guys who tantalizes with his skills, but lacks the consistency overall. Hence his .500 ish record on the majority of surfaces at this level.

His play last week was pretty much on course with that. I think people got excited because he beat Ferrer, but Ferrer has been very up and down this season - with more downs than ups lately.

I dunno specifically for this match. Follow your head, but I don't see a great edge on either side here. Normally, I'm a Youzhny-holic ... but he's given little reason to like backing him against anyone really.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

this one is tough.... I think its on Youhzny. unfortunately Youhzny looks all but ready to retire. You have to becareful here, he may be trying to salvage the year by playing well here tonight. if hes got that cross court backhand working, hes very tough to beat

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

making me want to buy out now eaglesphan

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have the advantage of match play for Troicki whereas Youzhny hasn't played in a while, some times that's all you need. It's just a real tough match to call because Youzhny can certainly play with the best on this surface if focused. If motivation alone won matches, I'd take Troicki because a couple wins here gets him some needed points. The closer he can get to 100, the better off he is with not having to play qualifying for events (Slams) in 2015.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    You have the advantage of match play for Troicki whereas Youzhny hasn't played in a while, some times that's all you need. It's just a real tough match to call because Youzhny can certainly play with the best on this surface if focused. If motivation alone won matches, I'd take Troicki because a couple wins here gets him some needed points. The closer he can get to 100, the better off he is with not having to play qualifying for events (Slams) in 2015.
    I have the feeling Youhzny has been practicing waiting for the last run of the season, kind of like Monaco this past week. I think Troicki may be in tough here

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    I have the feeling Youhzny has been practicing waiting for the last run of the season, kind of like Monaco this past week. I think Troicki may be in tough here
    Troicki has been practicing for the whole year waiting for his suspension to end. In fact, every player has been practicing so pretty pointless reasoning.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Troicki has been practicing for the whole year waiting for his suspension to end. In fact, every player has been practicing so pretty pointless reasoning.
    You don't get it... Sometimes it's the time away from tennis that you need. Also there is such a thing as practicing on the weaker part of you're game for a couple weeks to correct short comings... I'm pretty sure when you're travelling lots and you continue to play tournament after tournament, there is not a lot of time for "zoning in on the weak part of his or her game"

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

how does one lose serve then go up 40-0 against thr serve ..never understood that

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    You don't get it... Sometimes it's the time away from tennis that you need. Also there is such a thing as practicing on the weaker part of you're game for a couple weeks to correct short comings... I'm pretty sure when you're travelling lots and you continue to play tournament after tournament, there is not a lot of time for "zoning in on the weak part of his or her game"
    Troicki was away from the game for a year compared to Youzhny who was off for a few weeks. How does your post make any sense...

Also the top players always have gaps cause they only play bigger tournaments. This break is nothing unique.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

Lets Go Troicki!!!