mlathrop3
    Update your status
    mlathrop3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

5Dimes Wagering Glitch Spotted by SBR Contributor

Hi guys,

Be very careful in your wagering review screens on 5Dimes. On a large round robin parlay they swapped a line on me, indicated a line had moved and was in red, but no line was shown in red. I had ten selections going at the time.

I had bought down Dallas to -6, -123 vs TB on SNF, and the line was moved to Dallas -8, +130. That's a pretty significant move across the 7 line.

When I immediately went back into the straight bet screen (within seconds), no line move had occurred to spur this change.

Pretty sketchy, in my opinion. I talked to their support chat folks and they basically said, "tough shit". Lovely.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Sounds like you simply chose the wrong alternate line. On the drop down, you must have accidentally put in the 8 line instead of the 6. The prices for each sound fair.

mlathrop3
    Update your status

Here is the chat with the 5Dimes customer service rep. The issue is the line move not being highlighted red, when the text on the screen says "The lines indicated in red have been updated". It's a software bug in a very bad place to have one.

Alex Sun, 12/18/16 08:41:14 am America/Denver
    Hello. How may I help you?
    Mark Lathrop 08:41:34 am
    I need to report a glitch
    I was entering a large round robin teaser, and text indicated a line had moved in red, but nothing was shown in red. 08:42:16 am
    Alex 08:42:39 am
    Let me transfer you to the proper department.
    Mark Lathrop 08:42:44 am
    I moved past the screen
    I believe we have already spoken about this issue 08:43:13 am
    But your programming department needs to know about the glitch
    i.e. the line moves happening without being highlighted in red on the wager review screen 08:44:25 am
    Natalia 08:45:16 am
    Sir there is no issue or no glitch, you have what you confirmed with your account number and password.
    Mark Lathrop 08:47:05 am
    There is no way to run a website like yours without a software bug from time to time.
    I just want to bring it to the attention of your programmers so they can troubleshoot it
    Natalia 08:48:23 am
    I already checked with our IT department and there is no issue on our end.
    Mark Lathrop 08:48:24 am
    is their an IT department email?
    Natalia 08:48:28 am
    Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Mark Lathrop 08:49:37 am
    Do they know what browser I was working with, the specific inputs? I can outline all that so they can really check it out.
    Natalia 08:50:56 am
    There is no issue sir. Next time please double check the lines you have selected before confirming the wager with your password.
    Again, there is no issue on our end, and my answer is final.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Did you screenshot the error on the screen when you noticed it?

mlathrop3
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Did you screenshot the error on the screen when you noticed it?
    That would have been a good thing to do. What I can do is try to reproduce the error and get a shot of it. You'd have to leave some selections up and wait to catch a line move then continue to the wager review screen. Much easier tested on the back end. Note: I have a software QA background in a previous career.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Do you use reduced wagering with your straight bets? If so, that's where the problem may be. When you bet parlays with 5dimes it automatically gives you the line shown under the regular lines which are usually an alternate line. So when you go back and check with the reduced juice line,it's usually .5 to 1.5 different. Example below:

Reduced juice shows 6.5 spread but regular line with parlays would show 7.

Mon 12/19
    331 Carolina Panthers +6½ +100 +250 o50½ -103
    8:30PM 332 Washington Redskins -6½ -110 -275 u50½ -107

Having trouble pasting the regular line but it's Carolina +7 -125

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I have never noticed getting a line change warning and not seeing it highlighted in red there.

Would be a strange thing to see an intermittent glitch with.

Not saying you are wrong, but there are a lot of 5D users here so we should be able to find someone else who has seen the issue if it's a real problem.

Anyway, you tried to report it. Not much else you can do.

mlathrop3
    Update your status

Big Joe,

Didn't notice that before, thanks.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

5d cancel my bet after the game was over cause the game start half hr early in the betting page the game was slate to start at 1 pm why they wait to the game to be final to cancel the bet ?? by the way both of my cancel bet win,,if they where to lost would they have cancel ??? ,and before you start to reply ,I dint know the game start half hr early,,this is the second time this happening in a weeck

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    5d cancel my bet after the game was over cause the game start half hr early in the betting page the game was slate to start at 1 pm why they wait to the game to be final to cancel the bet ?? by the way both of my cancel bet win,,if they where to lost would they have cancel ??? ,and before you start to reply ,I dint know the game start half hr early,,this is the second time this happening in a weeck
    It sucks if you did not realize it was a past post bet but hard to object really once you do know.

Is this tennis?

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

no international basket,,they wait that the game is over to cancel bet,,,

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    no international basket,,they wait that the game is over to cancel bet,,,
    That sucks, especially when you are unaware.

I bet a college hockey game a few weeks ago with Heritage and they apparently posted an incorrect line. Heritage canceled my bet about an hour later (4 hours before the start of the game) and called me to tell me it was canceled. They did all this for a $50 bet. Now that's great customer service! Going above and beyond.