ajee622
    ajee622's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

I'm in the US.

The website BitPay suggests is glidera. How's that??

Catch77
    Catch77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1804

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Its a debit card so it is cash.
    I can assure you 1000% you can buy *********** with the card. The card is "cash" like brick said. Instead of withdrawing cash at wally world with the 3 dollar fees, Buy *********** like I say it's 68 cents (CENTS!!) for a 1000 Mon order. Deposit *********** into your bank. It's instantly available.
    Simple hassle free and extremely cheap to do.
    I think Some of you guys have a thing for cash but I dont normally keep or need large sums of cash on me . It being in my bank account quickly and as less fees as possible is way more convenient and practical in my case.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Ok, so im having my first "issue" with them. Up to this point all transactions have been flawless, but having trouble with my last transfer. Hoping someone else who has run into thid can help.

So about 24 hours ago I sent btc to load on to the card. The problem is that I mistakenly sent .45663 instead of the .45673 it was asking for. So when the transfer hit minutes later it said "all trans receivrd for less than the requested amount are subject to 6 verifications".

Well ok, we're talking about a few pennies here, but I was like ok maybe it will take an hour or two. Well now it is a day later and still shows as a pending trans. So I called them this morning and they told me they cant see pending trans in the call center and that I have to email. What? Really? Ok so whatever, I email them hours ago and no response.

Anyone else have a similiar experience?
    I spoke to customer service the day I received the card... this was 3-4 months ago. I had a lot of questions and she was very friendly over the phone.

I asked her if you accidentally typed too many BTC what would happen. She said... please triple check before upping your card. She told me that generally it's off by a few pennies... and the company WILL NOT UPDATE the extra amount to your card.

I asked her what happens if you didn't send enough BTC? She said again.... it's a long process and it could take 7 days to resolve. We tell all of our customers... please triple check the amount you wish to send both ways. Meaning... if you generate a bitcoin address... you need not use it if the amount requested is inaccurate. Just relog in and request another amount/bitcoin address.

It just seems like they don't manually update the card like how books update your balance on a deposit.

I was kind of scared shi#less when I first had this card upping it.... it's totally weird the first 2-3 times. But now... this card is the best thing ever made. There is NOTHING BETTER than this card.

I've only used it with paying common monthly bills online. Haven't swiped it out to eat.... or anything like that.
    Points Awarded:

Catch77 gave TheMoneyShot 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I spoke to customer service the day I received the card... this was 3-4 months ago. I had a lot of questions and she was very friendly over the phone.

I asked her if you accidentally typed too many BTC what would happen. She said... please triple check before upping your card. She told me that generally it's off by a few pennies... and the company WILL NOT UPDATE the extra amount to your card.

I asked her what happens if you didn't send enough BTC? She said again.... it's a long process and it could take 7 days to resolve. We tell all of our customers... please triple check the amount you wish to send both ways. Meaning... if you generate a bitcoin address... you need not use it if the amount requested is inaccurate. Just relog in and request another amount/bitcoin address.

It just seems like they don't manually update the card like how books update your balance on a deposit.

I was kind of scared shi#less when I first had this card upping it.... it's totally weird the first 2-3 times. But now... this card is the best thing ever made. There is NOTHING BETTER than this card.

I've only used it with paying common monthly bills online. Haven't swiped it out to eat.... or anything like that.
    Thks for the feedback in regards to deposits onto the card or as they call them, "top-offs". My experience would definitely confirm what she told you. When it happened I just figured they would adjust the amount it posted to my acct, as a book would do with a deposit, but their system apparently isn't setup for that I guess.

I also only have used it for paying bills online (in addition to ATM w/d's), which has worked great. Haven't had to hand it over to a live person yet, though I'm sure it would do fine.

I do think it is very important that you make "everyday" purchases with the card as opposed to sucking out every cent at the ATM every single time. That type of pattern will eventually get you flagged for suspicious or irregular activity. Also, there is no reason for them to value your account if they are only making a minimal fee off atm w/d's. They want to make their money off the merchant fees they charge when you spend on your card. So every month I use it to pay for car ins, phone bills, and other misc payments. I think that it will go a long way in keeping this card as long as possible before the inevitable happens at some point, which it always does with these things, but right now this is to good to be true.

cincy
    cincy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1224

Bitpay previously told me that I can walk into any bank and
    get $4000 cash with no fees by giving them the card and saying I want a cash
    advance.
    Now they say I can only get
    $750 max cash advance per transaction but can do 4 transactions for $3000 total
    per day.
    This matches up with the transaction
    limits shown on their website so that seems correct.
    They still say there are no fees whatsoever
    using this withdrawal method.
    Bitpay
    said it is not really a cash advance since I need to have the cash already
    loaded on the debit card but I should still tell the bank I want a $750 cash
    advance from the card since that is term the bank uses.

ajee622
    ajee622's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

Anyone have experience with gildera on bitpay. Or whatever it's called

hello1234567
    hello1234567's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2222

Has anyone have issue with Bitpay flagging you down for "irregular" activity? I only use my card for ATM withdrawal, might consider using the card for regular purchases to blend in.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by hello1234567 View Post
    Has anyone have issue with Bitpay flagging you down for "irregular" activity? I only use my card for ATM withdrawal, might consider using the card for regular purchases to blend in.
    I really dont think they care how you use your card. It's your money. I used to do the same thing with the green dot cards back when they were an option and never had an issue with them complaining. Bitpay card is basically the same thing. I don't think they will ban you for too many ATM transactions.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    I do think it is very important that you make "everyday" purchases with the card as opposed to sucking out every cent at the ATM every single time. That type of pattern will eventually get you flagged for suspicious or irregular activity. Also, there is no reason for them to value your account if they are only making a minimal fee off atm w/d's. They want to make their money off the merchant fees they charge when you spend on your card. So every month I use it to pay for car ins, phone bills, and other misc payments. I think that it will go a long way in keeping this card as long as possible before the inevitable happens at some point, which it always does with these things, but right now this is to good to be true.
    I haven't used the ATM yet. Reason being... don't like losing extra fees etc. It's shocking to see some posters having trouble now using the ATM's excessively. I didn't think this was going to be an issue. But.... apparently it is.

I have some home improvements that need to be done in early Spring 2017. Kind of scared shi%less upping this card 5k+ etc. I was thinking I could suck out the 5k through the ATM here and there. Definitely I will let posters know if it worked ok or not.

Would suck to have 5k on this card... and you end up losing it somehow.

Catch77

Quote Originally Posted by cincy View Post
    Bitpay previously told me that I can walk into any bank and
    get $4000 cash with no fees by giving them the card and saying I want a cash
    advance.
    Now they say I can only get
    $750 max cash advance per transaction but can do 4 transactions for $3000 total
    per day.
    This matches up with the transaction
    limits shown on their website so that seems correct.
    They still say there are no fees whatsoever
    using this withdrawal method.
    Bitpay
    said it is not really a cash advance since I need to have the cash already
    loaded on the debit card but I should still tell the bank I want a $750 cash
    advance from the card since that is term the bank uses.
    Ok so I just tried this method and it does work. Walked into a national bank that is not my personal one.Starts with C and is 5 letters and is a verb for running after someone. Asked the teller about Cash Advance from Prepaid ****. He mentioned that its free on their end but card issuer might charge a fee. I had to show DL and requested 100. Did not need the PIN either. It went through and Bitpay shows no fees as of now. Keep in mind I only did 100 as Id already withdrew yesterday with the $ order method. I assume that the max is 750 a pop given your info.

Great find and this may well be the best way yet. As long as you don't mind showing your DL. My name and address is on the receipt. I dont care about this but some of you uber privacy folks might. No fees at all other than tiny BTC transaction fees from book to cash in hand.

Small prayer to the gambling gods to keep this card afloat.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Catch77 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

October 11 - ordered bitpay debit card
    November 2 - called bc have not received card yet and they said I should have received one already
    November 2 - issued SECOND card said 10 MORE BUSINESS DAYS

WTF

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

I got my card in under a week. I haven't loaded/used yet, though...

cincy
    cincy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1224

bitpay also told me that website moneypass.com provides a list of atms near me that do not charge any atm withdrawal fees. You will still have to pay the $2 atm use fee charged by bitpay.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave cincy 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Catch77 View Post

Ok so I just tried this method and it does work. Walked into a national bank that is not my personal one.Starts with C and is 5 letters and is a verb for running after someone. Asked the teller about Cash Advance from Prepaid ****. He mentioned that its free on their end but card issuer might charge a fee. I had to show DL and requested 100. Did not need the PIN either. It went through and Bitpay shows no fees as of now. Keep in mind I only did 100 as Id already withdrew yesterday with the $ order method. I assume that the max is 750 a pop given your info.

Great find and this may well be the best way yet. As long as you don't mind showing your DL. My name and address is on the receipt. I dont care about this but some of you uber privacy folks might. No fees at all other than tiny BTC transaction fees from book to cash in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy View Post
    bitpay also told me that website moneypass.com provides a list of atms near me that do not charge any atm withdrawal fees. You will still have to pay the $2 atm use fee charged by bitpay.

Great info guys.

hello1234567

Are there any other cards out there for US like BitPay? Or are they the only one? I tried the other two but they do not accept US.

Optional

Are there any other cards out there for US like BitPay? Or are they the only one? I tried the other two but they do not accept US.
    Which other two are you talking about?

A search for https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+debit+card shows me the first three results all accepting any country.

This BitPay one is the only one SBR users have been posting about experience with so far so please let us know if you try another.

hello1234567

Tried both Cryptopay and Xapo, both doesn't accept my state.

Optional

Tried both Cryptopay and Xapo, both doesn't accept my state.
    Whats wrong with BitPay for you?

BitPlastic and Shift accept US people but are a lot more limited than BitPay as far as amounts you can withdraw.

Catch77

Update. I now see a fee of $2.00. Back to the MO method for me

hello1234567

BitPay is fine with me. I just don't want too much activity on the card. I want to spread them out on different cards.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

The Bitpay card is part of the Moneypass atm network... google moneypass locations in your area... they are surcharge free... meaning no atm fee... only the $2 fee from bitpay

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

I can assure you 1000% you can buy *********** with the card. The card is "cash" like brick said. Instead of withdrawing cash at wally world with the 3 dollar fees, Buy *********** like I say it's 68 cents (CENTS!!) for a 1000 Mon order. Deposit *********** into your bank. It's instantly available.
    Simple hassle free and extremely cheap to do.
    I think Some of you guys have a thing for cash but I dont normally keep or need large sums of cash on me . It being in my bank account quickly and as less fees as possible is way more convenient and practical in my case.
    Guys this is huge! You could cash out 10 grand for less than $10.

In one day!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Catch77

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Guys this is huge! You could cash out 10 grand for less than $10.

In one day!
    Is a $/O essentially just a blank check and you write in your name where it says pay to the order of and then you can cash it or deposit it at your bank? I've never used one before but I'd be interested if that is the cheapest way to cash out money off the card. What do people usually use $/O for anyway? I've only ever used cash and cards before, never even wrote a check before, lol.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Is a $/O essentially just a blank check and you write in your name where it says pay to the order of and then you can cash it or deposit it at your bank? I've never used one before but I'd be interested if that is the cheapest way to cash out money off the card. What do people usually use $/O for anyway? I've only ever used cash and cards before, never even wrote a check before, lol.
    You could print a $1,000 *********** and leave it blank and it's basically like a $1,000 bill.
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave BrickJames 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3032

Quote Originally Posted by BetweenHerCheeks View Post
    November 2 - called bc have not received card yet and they said I should have received one already

WTF
    Mine was ordered and paid for on 9/1
    emails sent on 10/6, 10/7, & 10/11
    customer service call and new card sent
    emails sent again on 11/14
    customer service call
    emails to verify address with utility bill
    customer service call and need additional information
    emails to send another form of address verification, that has been verified and correct the whole time
    customer service call and a new card will be sent out again

I'm done and only out $10 but finding something else because I don't expect to get shit from these guys.

hello1234567

I didn't have to verify anything when I ordered my card. I ordered mine when they just started the card, I am guessing now they are making it harder to obtain the card?

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

November 16 - RECEIVED BITPAY CARD

Set it up today but haven't had time to play with it yet

ParlayKing1986
    ParlayKing1986's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3437

Glad i jumped on board before the hassle..card is a godsend.

Bolty
    Bolty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16048

What are the pro's and con's on a prepaid international **** card? Thanks

ParlayKing1986
    ParlayKing1986's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3437

Anyone having issues loading the card..when i hit add funds...and put an amount in..it doesnt go past that screen.

tmuller02
    bet jam pre season contest winner
    tmuller02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

How do I get it from my localbitcoin wallet to my bit pay card it says only 100 a day to

Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

When signing up did you guys enter your real Social Security# or a fake one??

Seanthewinna
    Seanthewinna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

You have to put your real social... they actually verify your address associated with your social number.

BeerBottlez
    BeerBottlez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

People fear this social # thing too much. I might not want to give some offshore site that info but many of these exchanges are here in the USA trying to serve you and will just cut you off if you violate their ToS.

If push came to shove they can get your social anyways. You are never safe with just a site having your address/bank info since your bank could be forced to give that out and would willingly do so if pushed by the government.

An exchange can and will (we hear about it all the time) cut you off for any suspicious activity that possibly violates their ToS. If they do this it's not up for a debate even if you weren't doing anything wrong they can refuse your business but likely will give you the remaining money you have left before cutting ways with you.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Social security numbers are easy to get these days. If I have someone's name and address, I can get theirs.

First ... 78910111213 ... Last