nate686
    nate686's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5587

Pinnacle Over/Under Bet

I made a bet today on the Hawks/Pacers game on the Under at 203.5 on pinnacle. When I rechecked the bet, it ended up showing at under 203. Has this happened to anyone else and why would this happen at any point? Extremely frustrating to see that happen...

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by nate686 View Post
    I made a bet today on the Hawks/Pacers game on the Under at 203.5 on pinnacle. When I rechecked the bet, it ended up showing at under 203. Has this happened to anyone else and why would this happen at any point? Extremely frustrating to see that happen...
    yes, I've seen it happen
    line changes just as you are placing the bet
    need to be vigilant - check that the line you selected is what comes up in the bet slip before confirming it

nate686

How can that happen though? I put the bet in and on the mobile it then re-confirms what the payout will be, which was at Under 203.5, -116.
    It was originally -114, then went to -116 & I sighed and put the bet in. But not at any point at the line Under 203...

I see that there is the Always Accept Best Line but I figure that would again only be accepting at Under 203.5 & no other number

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

How can that happen though? I put the bet in and on the mobile it then re-confirms what the payout will be, which was at Under 203.5, -116.
    It was originally -114, then went to -116 & I sighed and put the bet in. But not at any point at the line Under 203...

I see that there is the Always Accept Best Line but I figure that would again only be accepting at Under 203.5 & no other number
    You're saying the line was altered AFTER your bet was accepted?
    Don't think you've got much chance arguing that unless you took a screenshot.

nate686

Yeah that's the ridiculous part. I need to double check my bet now.

It was clearly at Under 203.5, -116. I've got these numbers basically memorized in my head & I would've noticed the difference between -109 (Under 203) & -116 (Under 203.5).

I understand line movement as that's going to happen all the time but for the actual number I'm betting on to be altered is ridiculous. I have no idea why that would happen and I'm still in correspondence with pinnacle about getting more of an answer

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

There is a check/uncheck box where you're confirming line movement prior to acceptance

So you may have that box ticked so you're confirming the movement

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

I've never had it happen with a total that I can recall but am pretty sure the take the best line box will accept whatever pinny currently offer on the market, including changes to the line as well as the odds.

nate686

Appreciate the feedback. I read what the best line box does & my best guess is that is what caused the error although that makes very little sense as well. I will be unchecking that box as well as double & triple checking to make sure that doesn't happen again