pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

What's a safe amount you can leave in a book?

I have a fairly large amount in heritage. Do players have large amounts there and confident?

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

heritage is pretty safe. but i'd rather play at 5Dimes, better odds and better customer service.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinaces View Post
    I have a fairly large amount in heritage. Do players have large amounts there and confident?
    Personally, I think you should not keep enough money at any book that would leave you feeling ill if it disappeared.

Why do you want to keep it in there? Are you likely to want to bet it all at once at any stage?

Limited
    Limited's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4567

It is not a good idea to invest all of your money in just one bookie. I would say that the safe amount to keep in one bookie is an amount that you can afford to lose. Also having your money spread in many bookies gives you an advantage to bet at the best available odds from your covered bookies.

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Great points. The issue is when trying to spread it out to other books. You can only deposit so much at one time using their deposit methods.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27666

If it's offshore, it's at risk.

So whatever you feel comfortable risking.

If it'll devastate you to suddenly lose it, it's too much.

Diversify, spread your online bankroll around.
    Last edited by Krashman; 10-13-15 at 04:05 PM.

King23
    King23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinaces View Post
    Take them out ASAP

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

keep only either enough for a certain amount of bets or for a period of time of bets. if you bet $100 a bet why keep more than maybe $1000 at a book. enough for ten bets or a couple weeks of losing. if you lose and want to gamble more make another deposit. if you win take some money out using a free payout. just no need to keep so much money in a book that you don't have to deposit or withdraw for 6 months or a year. your money offshore is not safe. heritage is a great book but your money is offshore. you have no legal rights at all.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Personally, I think you should not keep enough money at any book that would leave you feeling ill if it disappeared.

Why do you want to keep it in there? Are you likely to want to bet it all at once at any stage?
    That is good advice

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Thread really is asking the wrong question.
    Just plain silly to leave more than you require to service your anticipated wagering over (say) the next fortnight at the most.
    Of course, for some, there may be issues of how quickly and costly it is to withdraw and redeposit.
    If you are uncomfortable leaving funds in any particular book then you shouldn't be using them at all.
    Personally, I have no such fear leaving funds in any of the books I play at. But I don't play in CR!

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

If you have to ask, it's time to start pulling at least 1/2 of it out.......I used to play at Heritage a long time ago and am assuming they were taken over by others, but I'd slowly be pulling it out and putting it in Youwager or 5Dimes.