apple774
    apple774's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

WAITING FOR MY WITHDRAWAL OF 6.7K USD FOR 20+ days FROM BETWAY

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share this UNBELIEVEBLE story that happened to me while betting with Betway.

TL/DR: EXPECT RUDE SUPPORT, JUMPING THROUGH THE HOOPS, IGNORING and… 20+ DAYS PAYOUT TIME FROM
    ------------------------------------------------B E T W A Y ---------------------------------------------------------------------------I DO ADVISE ALL PLAYERS HERE NOT TO DEAL WITH BETWAY !---------------------

So sometime during the World Cup 2014 I registered with Betway, because I liked the odds (spoiler: that’s a TRAP!). I deposited 1500 EUR (approx. 2K USD) and well, and placed only 4 bets (mainly Soccer and Tennis):

• Odd BK – Valerenga : 500 EUR @ coef 2.0 – won
    • Haugesund – Tromsdalen: 1000 EUR @ coef 1.37 – won
    • Colombia – Uruguay: 2370 EUR @ coef 2.1 – won
    • Tennis bet : 500 EUR @ 1.2 - won

Afterwards, on 1st of July 2014 I have requested the payout of my 5077 EUR , next day 2nd July 2014 I was requested verification documents, which were send the same day. They asked for some other docs that were send on 3rd July 2014 and I got email confirming that these are OK and they will look into them for 24 hours.

AND SO IT BEGGINS:

After 24h I contacted them on 4th of July asking “Where is my payment” – got an autoreply that they will answer in 12h (in total 90% of their correspondence with me is autoreplies!).

On 7th July 2014 I have received a confirmation that my documents are good and valid, BUT Betway Operation Dept is still processing my payment (3 days, instead of 24 h!).

On 8th July 2014 I got message from them that NOW I can request payout.

10th of July 2014 – Still no money paid out! Info from Betway: “it is being processed right now”.

From 11Th to 19rdPURE IGNORING! I was sending 1 mail per day and each time got auto generated emails saying “As was mentioned previously in the last email that was sent to you, our Operations Team is hard at work ensuring that your withdrawal is paid to you soon, with the highest level of urgency.” Yeah, right – “URGENCY”

19th of July 2014 – Promised to get back to me on 21st July (see pic1)

Pic1.jpg

21st July 2014 – I have received same old “our Operations Team is hard at work ensuring that your withdrawal is paid” spiced up with some “care” from support - “great offer” from Betway – offering me to bet on some specials instead of withdrawing my money. NO COMMENTS ON THAT ONE! (see pic2)

Pic2.jpg

And finally, cherry on top of all this nonsense:

I have chatted with their support asking one simple question: If my docs are Ok, where is my money ? and why I have to wait 2 full weeks for it ? So one of their Mangers (guess his name was Lucas) has told me that I am “stupid” and “need to clear my mind” – black on white. So when I asked for the chat transcript Betway understood this can be a major PR fail for them and refused to send me the chat, where I was called stupid.
    Also please see the latest live chat with Betway support (see pic3):

Pic3.jpg

So what now ? I am promised to be paid on 24th July 2014, but something tells me that this is going to be another auto generated mail...

Well, what can I say, in my opinion, the corporate culture of Betway proved to be hostile towards players on all levels – from Support to Payments. When dealing with this company I felt like I hit a wall and was trying to get money that I sent to some “Nigerian prince scam”.

I am very annoyed with their attitude and just want to warn other players like me: DO NOT HAVE BUISNESS WITH BETWAY!

PS. I have filed a complaint on SBR and will post updates here with news.

UPDATE 1: I guess sbr forum is a good motivation for cheating bookies, FINALY AFTER 25 DAYS BETWAY PAID. But I still urge you to think twice about doing business with BETWAY!

Also I wish admins of SBR forum will take a note of this case and will decrease Betway rating – I am willing to cooperate and provide any information required in order to warn the community about such actions of Betway.

Standing united and bringing up such cases we can shape the industry to be more entertaining, legit and transparent!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are transcripts of all threee pics:

Pic 1

Hi Andris,

Account number: apple774

Thank you for contacting Betway.

The withdrawal had been placed on hold awaiting payment. We have askedour operations department to please review and process your withdrawal if nothing further is required.
    We should have feedback on Monday 21/07/14 when banking resumes.

All the best,

The Betway Team

Pic 2

Hi Andris,

Your Betway Account - apple774

Thank you for contacting Betway.

We can confirm that our Operations Team is hard at work ensuring thatyour withdrawal is paid to you soon, with the highest level of urgency. This is to ensure that the safety and security of any payments made to you is safe and correct.

We kindly ask for your patience and co-operation regarding the matter,as your withdrawal will be paid to you shortly.

There are some really interesting specials running right now, justcheck them out on the below links. Remember our new MOBILE STREAMING feature allows you to watch our live streaming anywhere and anytime from your mobile device!

Should you require any further assistance feel free to contact ourfriendly help desk.
    We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.

Kind Regards,

JP
    Betway Sports

Pic 3

Andris: Hello please transfer to a previous manager
    Andris: chat was closed
    paul: How may I assist you today?
    Andris: Hello please transfer to a previous managerAndris: chat was closed
    Andris: Luke or something similar
    paul: Luke is currently busy.
    paul: Is there something I might be able to help you with?
    Andris: ok, please escalate all chat transcriptions from my live chat to my email
    Andris: I need all yesterdays and todays chats into my email!
    Andris: today I had 3 chats with yours its 4 chats
    Andris: and yesterday 1
    Andris: so I want them on email
    paul: Unfortunately I cannot send you old chat transcripts, but if you wish to send yourself the current chat transcript all you need to do is click on the orange envelope in the top right hand side of the chat window.
    Andris: you can
    paul: This will prompt for one to be sent to you.
    Andris: what are you talking about
    Andris: I received
    Andris: it previously
    Andris: so you can
    Andris: do it
    Andris: also I did it previously and it didnt worked out
    Andris: so please send me my chat transcriptions
    Andris: from today and yesterday
    Andris: do you wish me to resend an email, that managers did a chat transcriptions?
    Andris: you think I am stupid or what? or I just make some jokes?
    Andris: thats not a joke for 5077 eur
    paul: No that wont be neccessary.
    Andris: so please do it
    paul: May I ask why you want the chat? is there something that I can help you resolve?
    Andris: no, this is for the history how you handled my issue.
    Andris: for ECOGRA, LGA and forums
    Andris: thats clear
    paul: You are welcome to take this issue up with eCogra, and they can come and investigate, but I cannot give you the chats. I can however help you with the issue you are having...
    paul: How may I assist you, Andris?
    Andris: why not? why? this is something not normal
    Andris: I received previously
    Andris: I need it nowq
    Andris: this will be funny look on the forums, that you say it two ways
    Andris: dont you think so?
    Andris: publicity for sure will eat it
    Andris: but I want it for my history
    Andris: it is necessary for me, it is possible technical, it will harm your reputation
    Andris: I will spend 24/7 now, to get that issue to a publicity
    paul: I am not permitted to do this, nor do I fee that it is neccessary.
    Andris: please escalate to a managers
    Andris: thats thats
    paul: Is there anything I can assist you with regarding your account?
    Andris: you all are permited to do so, because previous manager did it easely
    Andris: and I have it on mail
    Andris: I need my chat transcription!
    paul: I am sorry but I cannot help you with this request.
    Andris: you can escalate it to a managers
    Andris: they will be able to make it
    Andris: please DO!
    Andris: I am not willing to spend a time on that you can send a chat transcripts
    Andris: because I NEED THEM
    Andris: you told me a rude words
    Andris: I want to send you on court
    paul: I have already escalated it to the managers and I have given you the feedback.
    Andris: thats that!
    Andris: you told me in previous chat that I am a stupid person, I want this chat transcription
    Andris: it was either yesterday or today
    Andris: so I need a chat transcription
    paul: I am sure that you misunderstood the agent.
    Andris: NO
    Andris: I am sure
    Andris: your agent said that I am stupid
    Andris: so I need a chat transcription
    Andris: to clear this
    paul: Andris I cannot give you the transcript.
    paul: This will not change.
    paul: But I can assist you with anything regarding your account.
    Andris: ok, Betway agent said that I am a stupid person, that I need to clear my mind.
    Andris: this is an official statement in this chat
    Andris: as they cannot give a proof of it, as they afraid of the forums
    Andris: to clear this out to all the members - that will read this - I must say that my withdrawal took more than THREE WEEKS.
    Andris: in this process will be involved ECOGRA
    Andris: and when ECOGRA will finish investigation on this issue and gives me a clear explanation
    Andris: I will go to LGA
    Andris: and on forums
    paul: You are more than welcome tho take up the matter with Ecogra.
    Andris: thank you very much, Betway is hiding chat transcriptions, because they have incompetent support and managemnt
    paul: I am sorry that I cannot assist you further with this.
    Andris: I will for sure!
    Andris: you will see

Last edited by apple774; 07-25-14 at 07:33 AM.

superhans
    superhans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

What country are you from?

apple774

Latvia

apple774

PAID AFTER 25 days

Update: I guess sbr forum is a good motivation for cheating bookies, FINALY AFTER 25 DAYS BETWAY PAID. But I still urge you to think twice about doing business with BETWAY!

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

nowadays small bookies go crazy if you request payouts over 1k (not to mention 5k!), i had ''verified'' accounts and small withdrawals processed at comeon and novibet but both requested ''additional'' documents after I asked big payouts maybe hoping i wouldn't comply with their stupid requests...eventually they paid.
    Pathetic behavior!

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

when you request a payout that is considered high by the books standards, they will make you jump through hoops because they are hoping that you will lose the money that you attempted to withdrawal. The books will leave the money in your account and a lot of times, the payouts never happen because the player ends up making bets with it and losing it all

apple774

Actually Betway is not that small and they have interesting offers – sometimes good odds, but it is all worthless if your experience is ruined by poor support, unqualified management and inadequately slow cash outs. I still suggest you avoid them.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betway is a funny one. They have tv adverts here in uk, and reasonably well known. So in terms of actually getting money, im sure they will always pay - as long as theres no fault with ID/Abuse etc.
    However, they are registered in malta, which isnt a great sign, and are miles behind Willhill/Ladbrokes.

I can understand you freaking out, Latvia average wage something like 600 a month.

apple774

onemoregoal

Yes, 5k is quite a sum here, but I guess it not "peanuts" to anyone in Europe. Also it is not about the size of a sum, but rather about disregarding attitude.

asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

They should rename themselves to Sh*tway