psycrow
    psycrow's Avatar Become A Pro!

An incredible story: How marathonbet changed my bet result!

Hello everybody,
    On 18th of Feb,I made a bet on outcome of chess cadidate in london.You know there is a list of players and you simply bet who will be the first,Can it be simpler than this?

As I am in betting for couple of years,I also read the rules before,in sport by sport rules,there were only 1 rule in chess and it was about player using white pieces is indicating as 1 etc...

So I made a bet on 18th of Feb :

Chess / Candidates Tournament. London / Outright /
    Candidates Tournament. London / Outright - Carlsen, Magnus @ 1.88

Yesterday Magnus Carlsen won the event.He finished with same score as Kramnik,but according to "
    round robin Tournament" rules,Carlsen became first without playing tie break.

Guess what?????
    Now when I look at my bet result,it is not wining !!!

and suprisingly I found 4 new rules in chess betting,this is the one applied to my bet:

If upon the completion of a tournament several players share first place, and a tie-break for first place is not played, then the dead heat rule applies (Rule 7.3.3).

so half of my bet lost and another half won,even I didnt make my bet stack placed back!!!

I wonder how can I complain about this case in this website?can anybody tell me?

Just want to add that the outcome of this Tournament could be only 1 person,because it was a Tournament to find the challenger to face last year world champion.

Last edited by psycrow; 04-02-13 at 03:44 AM. Reason: last line added

filipinho
    filipinho's Avatar Become A Pro!

What amount? Two digits I suppose cause chess limits are low.I can hardly believe marathon would cheat like this on such small payout.Of course, still it isnt right if this is true.Good luck.

psycrow

it was a very small amount , but I really feel angry and cheated ! they sent me an email and told me that the rules changed just 2 days before I set the bet. really dont know what to do,seems better let it go.

filipinho

I only raised amount question for you to realize that maybe you are wrong, cause Marathon didnt gain anything from this situation.Chess limits are the lowest of all sports that Marathon offers.From my big experience with them, they dont cheat in any way.

I only once had bad experience with them some 3 months ago.I placed 300EUR on football bet "over 5.5 yellow cards".I watched the game, naturally I was cheering for fouls, harsh tackles, cards ...And I won, there was 7 yellow cards on match.Few days later I noticed that my bet was graded as lost, so I checked their rules and I found this:
    "Second yellow cards awarded to the same player counts only as a Red. (e.g. in a Total Yellow Cards market a second yellow card issued to the same player will not count)."

And of course, in my match, two players received second yellow cards.I was angry, because bet was perfectly clear:"Total Yellow Cards", and second yellow card is still "yellow", right?That additional rule is very important bet information, and it should be visible in a betting menu.But I didnt complained.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats next? we bettin on go fish?

psycrow

Another case happend today!
    I made a live bet in table tennis and at the end my bet won,the bet was this:
    total point of player1 under 42.5.
    Player1 only scored 33 points but at the end my bet voided,this is the ridiculous reason:
    Your bet was voided due to the price we offer is base of 5 set of match.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by psycrow View Post
    Another case happend today!
    I made a live bet in table tennis and at the end my bet won,the bet was this:
    total point of player1 under 42.5.
    Player1 only scored 33 points but at the end my bet voided,this is the ridiculous reason:
    Your bet was voided due to the price we offer is base of 5 set of match.
    that is weird ... at every book used by me to bet live on table tennis all total points bets offered live were always in connection with the posible no. of sets at the time of placing the bet

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

Wow

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ridiculous they need to pay!

psycrow

Even I also remember there were void my bet once because they made a mistake spelling the player's name!!!
    You can guess all these void bets were winning bets and no losing bet will be voided!!
    and the last bet was only 0.59€ !!!
    If anybody want,I can also copy the email they sent to me about any of these voided bets.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

The rule is in place whether one agrees with it or not.

Op feel fortunate that you even got that back as Magnus collapsed in the later portions of the tourney.

On a personal note; shame on all those rules on an event like this.

psycrow

thank you for all of your supports :-)
    I won really good amount of money on live betting in marathonbet but really dont find an alternative with good odds for live events,can anybody please tell me?Bet365 odds are very low in live events with low choices...

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

thank you for all of your supports :-)
    I won really good amount of money on live betting in marathonbet but really dont find an alternative with good odds for live events,can anybody please tell me?Bet365 odds are very low in live events with low choices...
    Its very funny that Bet365 lowered their odds very much in last 6+ months. But they are among best shops for live betting.They have most markets for any given match.
    You can check Fonbet.com They have many live games,but i have no expirience with payout there because im not betting there very often.

From what i see russian books have biggest live betting market.You could browse and check for some well respected books online.

nasdaq
    nasdaq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2735

Quote Originally Posted by dikefale View Post
    You can check Fonbet.com They have many live games,but i have no expirience with payout there because im not betting there very often.

From what i see russian books have biggest live betting market.You could browse and check for some well respected books online.
    You know marathon is the most reliable bookie among all russian ones. Sad but true. They have the best odds, one of the best live, the faster payouts in the industry.
    There are some russian bookies providing good live betting options e.g. Fonbet, Betcity, Favbet, 1xBet but they have worse odds, slower payouts and they also used to cancel bets.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    The rule is in place whether one agrees with it or not.

Op feel fortunate that you even got that back as Magnus collapsed in the later portions of the tourney.

On a personal note; shame on all those rules on an event like this.
    what rule? bellow you have the only 2 rules for table tennis:

Table Tennis

1. If a match is delayed or postponed for any reason then all bets will stand until the end of the match or the end of the tournament.
    2. If a player retires or is disqualified bets on the match result will stand as long as one set has been completed, otherwise these bets will be void. Bets on other markets will be void unless a definitive result for that market has already been determined. The player that progresses to the next round or is awarded the victory after the first set has been completed will be deemed the winner.

psycrow

this is the email the sent to me about it :
    Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Marathonbet Customer Service.

The bet has been voided because of an alteration to the format of
    the match. The price that was offered was incorrectly based upon a 5
    set match, when it was a 7 set match.

Please refer to section 10 of our General Rules. Here is a link to
    this on our website for you...

http://help.marathonbet.co.uk/en/sports_rules/general_sport_rules/

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Edward

Marathonbet Customer Service
    support@marathonbet.com
    8 10800 290 340 11

If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in
    error, you may not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance
    on the contents of this message. In such case, please notify us immediately
    by email or telephone and delete the email (including all attachments) from
    your system. Marathon excludes any liability whatsoever for any direct or
    indirect consequential loss arising from the use, or reliance on, this email
    or its contents.

Here is the rule number
    In case of a match format alteration (number of played periods (times, etc.) or the duration of a match, period, set, time, etc.), all bets will be void, excluding those when the information about these alterations is mentioned in the event.

I am 100% that it is something they invent,even if they are right,they should void my previous bet that I lost!!!
    I withdrawn all my money out of marathon and keep my energy on more valuable things,I am sure they never accept and undo what they did so why I waiste my energy?!!

just it is good that other knows how rubbish their service and their rules are and please just take the distance from marathonbet
    Last edited by psycrow; 04-05-13 at 11:44 AM.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

this is the email the sent to me about it :

Here is the rule number
    10.[/FONT]In case of a match format alteration (number of played periods (times, etc.) or the duration of a match, period, set, time, etc.), all bets will be void, excluding those when the information about these alterations is mentioned in the event.

I am 100% that it is something they invent,even if they are right,they should void my previous bet that I lost!!! I withdrawn all my money out of marathon and keep my energy on more valuable things,I am sure they never accept and undo what they did so why I waiste my energy?!! just it is good that other knows how rubbish their service and their rules are and please just take the distance from marathonbet
    So a match "best out of 5 sets" ending in 3 sets is considered "match format alteration (number of played periods (times, etc.) or the duration of a match, period, set, time, etc.)" by Marathonbet?

10.In case of a match format alteration (number of played periods (times, etc.) or the duration of a match, period, set, time, etc.), all bets will be void, excluding those when the information about these alterations is mentioned in the event.

psycrow

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    So a match "best out of 5 sets" ending in 3 sets is considered "match format alteration (number of played periods (times, etc.) or the duration of a match, period, set, time, etc.)" by Marathonbet?
    Sometimes I felt guilty and sorry about huge amount of money I won in marathon but after this I really feel great because I know now that they are really russian batards!

filipinho

The bet has been voided because of an alteration to the format of
    the match. The price that was offered was incorrectly based upon a 5
    set match, when it was a 7 set match.
    Then total points line should have been even higher, so you basically took pretty bad line for UNDER points.Seems like they voided all bets on that match, you cant blame them for that, only for incompetence...

@horja1, I think marathon is saying match was played in unusual format "best of four sets"(so max 7 sets)...

@psycrow, can you tell us match in question and final result?

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by filipinhoin this case they are right to cancel the bet View Post
    @horja1, I think marathon is saying match was played in unusual format "best of four sets"(so max 7 sets)...
    somehow I missed that ... if that happened they were right to cancel the bet

psycrow

​Just incredible,after lots of struggle and when they saw I withdrawn all my money and told them I am going to leave their website,they accepted their mistake and set my chess bet as winning !
    First time in fu**in sportbooking industry !!!! (at least for me)

psycrow

this is the game :
    Korea open : Xu, Xin vs Lee, Sang Su
    I didnt find the result in internet.

Their excuse for number of sets is out of question and really ridiculous because at least from today's morning all the games was 5 sets and I bet on almost all of them so why just 1 game could be a mistake?also during the live bet,there were market for 5th game result so when they think it is a 3 game match,why they set a market on 5th game which is impossible when there is a best of 3 games (in their opinion) and the result is 3-1 !!!
    Last edited by psycrow; 04-05-13 at 12:39 PM.

psycrow

this is the email I received regarding to correction :
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Marathonbet Customer Service

After further investigation of required chess event we can confirm that this
    event related bets have been re-settled. You can see this correction as "bet
    settlement correction" on your account.
    We are sorry for any inconveniences

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Marathonbet Customer Service

Marathonbet Limited | 6-7 Lovers Walk | Brighton | BN1 6AH

P: 0800 096 5252 (outside the UK +44 1273 852 351
    F: 01273 507360 (outside the UK +44 1273 507360
    E-mail support@marathonbet.com

Marathonbet Customer Service Marathonbet Limited | 6-7 Lovers Walk | Brighton |
    BN1 6AH p: 01273 852 350 | f: 01273 507360 | e: care@marathonbet.co.uk If you
    are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, you may
    not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the contents
    of this message. In such case, please notify us immediately by email or
    telephone and delete the email (including all attachments) from your system.
    Marathon excludes any liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect
    consequential loss arising from the use, or reliance on, this email or its
    contents.

psycrow

another masterpiece ! (here is the response to my email) :

Your bet number xyz AAAAA vs BBBBB has been voided

because the name of one of the participant was incorrect.
    According to our rules:
    "Marathon cannot be held responsible for any errors and/or omissions, human or
    palpable, which result in the incorrect displaying of prices, entering of
    results, listing of runners or event start times. Whilst every attempt will be
    made to ensure all information on the website is accurate we reserve the right
    to correct any obvious errors, either by voiding bets placed at the incorrect
    odds or changing the odds to the correct ones."
    http://help.marathonbet.com/en/betting_rules/placing_a_bet/
    I am sorry for any inconveniences.

teaz2win
    teaz2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

According to our rules:
    http://help.marathonbet.com/en/betting_rules/placing_a_bet/
    Unfortunately as wrong as it is almost all books have this rule or something similar. When this happend to me the response I was given is that if they let the bet stand people that lost the other side of that wager would call in and want there money back because they thought they were betting someone or something else. Logically it makes sense i suppose but just opens up all kinds of other cans of worms giving the book the right to do things maybe they shouldnt. Of course as with everything else they fall back on ... its in the rules.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

You lost me at 'I bet on chess.'

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

According to our rules:
    http://help.marathonbet.com/<wbr>en/betting_rules/placing_a_<wbr>bet/
    Was this cancelled before or after the match started? And, was this a mere misspelling or was the name wrong altogether?

psycrow

Quote Originally Posted by the_orangekat View Post
    You lost me at 'I bet on chess.'
    Checkmate! if anybody knows a good knowledge of end game with even an 1800+ elo could easily guess end game result . Also odds on chess sometimes goes to incredible 1000 (you bet 1 and get 1000) ,so guess what happend if they make a mistake!
    Belive or not probability in chess is 0% !

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    Was this cancelled before or after the match started? And, was this a mere misspelling or was the name wrong altogether?
    After the match;the misspelling was just a letter or something,not a big mistake.something like alessandro instead of alesandro .
    Last edited by psycrow; 04-25-13 at 04:30 AM.