QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Norwegian football

Last week I went 1-1. The win came on a mistake by the books as they held a strong home team at PK against a poor road team that was high in the tables due to their home record.

This week we have another mistake by the books along those same lines except it's the poor road team from last week that is the good home team this week and they are getting PK. I think it's in part due to their performance last week, a performance that was expected. One other possibility that this is at PK is that they won 8 home matches in a row until drawing their last 2 home matches.

Last week I faded Strømsgodset due to their 2-1-6 road record (now 2-1-7). This week they are at home with an 8-3-0 home record with a goal differential of 26-11 and are getting PK! They haven't lost at home and they are getting PK!

Their opponent is Molde who is just behind Strømsgodset in the table due to a strong home showing. However, just like last week the road team has an abysmal road record. Molde has a 3-2-5 road record with a road goal differential of 14-22. Their 3 wins on the road have come against 3 out of the bottom 4 teams.

In spite of their lackluster home performances of late, I don't see Strømsgodset losing here.

Strømsgodset PK -112 over Molde

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

I'm going to start a feature that I will post each week. I'll call it my "Dog of the Week" in the Tippeligaen.

This week's "Dog of the Week" is Stabæk. They are third from the bottom so they will not be getting any respect this week except form guys like me. Stabæk lost their first 5 out of 6 road matches this year. Since then they have strung together 5 straight road matches without losing.

Their opponent is Sogndal, a team that has been struggling as of late. Their home record is nothing to shout about at 3-5-2 but their goal differential in home matches stands only at 14-13. I see a distinct possiblity of a draw here.

Stabæk +0.5 -111 over Sogndal

I'm also going to put a little on the Draw at +268 just for fun that won't be counted in my record.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Rosenborg/Tromso over 3 -150
    A couple weeks ago I got lucky with the 'Borg over 3 when a Rosenborg player kicked a goal past his own goalkeeper causing the final score to be 3-1. I'm hoping the 'Borg won't need any help this time.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

L: Strømsgodset 0, Molde 2
    I was afraid of this result. Strømsgodset is on a decline. I thought they could bring it back at home but I guess not.

W: Sogndal 1, Stabæk 1
    My "Dog of the Week" comes through! I also made some money on the draw +258 but won't count it in the record.

W: Rosenborg 3, Tromsø 1
    There were 4 chances for a goal in the last 10 minutes. One header hit the post. One goal was called back for offside. Another opportunity had the 'Borg player right in from of the goalkeeper and was blocked. The final one was a goal with time running out. Tromsø had a red card earlier (or "rødt kort" in Norwegian) so Rosenborg was able to get numbers.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Adding a late one:

Vålerenga +0.5 +121 over Odd
    Based solely upon recent performance.

Also putting a little money on the Draw +312 but won't count it in my record.

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pederson Strom's top scorer was suspended so they were going to bring up Strom B's top scorer but he was suspended as well. There was also something else about the club that is effecting the players but I can't remember. BOL on your draw and I tailed your others nice wins!

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by Stackzilla View Post
    Pederson Strom's top scorer was suspended so they were going to bring up Strom B's top scorer but he was suspended as well. There was also something else about the club that is effecting the players but I can't remember. BOL on your draw and I tailed your others nice wins!
    Thanks Stack. I knew they weren't their usual team with their recent record but they hadn't lost at home all year so I gave them a bet at PK.

The season is changing and some of the weaker teams are coming around to play rather well. Molde is now a team to watch has they've strung together a winning streak of 4 matches.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

W: Odd 1, Vålerenga 2

I almost had the draw here with a late kick by Odd being blocked.

This week: 3-1

I almost decided to give up on this league for awhile after that first loss but I'm starting to see the underdogs coming back. I like the "Dog of the Week". This week actually had 2. I think I'll play that angle now as the league seems to be changing.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Looks like this league takes the weekend off next weekend. They return the following weekend so I thought I would update my weekly record so it's not buried a few weeks back.

Week 1: 3-1
    Week 2: 2-2
    Week 3: 1-2
    Week 4: 2-1
    Week 5: 1-0
    Week 6: 1-1
    Week 7: 3-1

Total: 13-8