whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Anyone had an outright winner for the Europa league?

How did the draw go for you?

I had Wolfsburg and Fiorentina to win it (before this round)

Wolfsburg have Inter and Fio have Roma

Wolfsburg should beat Inter, and Roma have the better record against Fiorentina, but I still think Fiorentina might be able to do it.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Napoli will win it

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    Napoli will win it
    I don't think they will, they'll choke eventually, as will Roma if they get past Fio. I'm sure Napoli will go through this round though of course.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

If Wolfsburg can keep staying on form they have a great shot at winning it all, Napoli still has piss poor defending and a midfield that tends to push way to high for it's own good. Wolfsburg should beat Inter for sure.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I have Wolfsburg +1400

jankay
    jankay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 708

Wolfsberg or Napoli or Zenit but if i had to choose one i'd say Napoli due to Benitez's coaching style. Whereas other teams would compromise their Europa League lineup for their domestic league matches, he likes to commit wherever he can win a trophy even if its just a Europa League. He knows he has no chance of winning the league over Juve, so why not concentrate on somewhere where you can win a silverware? I trust him to do this.
    Last edited by jankay; 02-27-15 at 10:30 PM.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by jankay View Post
    Wolfsberg or Napoli or Zenit but if i had to choose one i'd say Napoli due to Benitez's coaching style. Whereas other teams would compromise their Europa League lineup for their domestic league matches, he likes to commit wherever he can win a trophy even if its just a Europa League. He knows he has no chance of winning the league over Juve, so why not concentrate on somewhere where you can win a silverware? I trust him to do this.
    Wolfsburg knows they really have no realistic shot at catching Bayern, and they are already TEN points clear of the nearest team. Their CL spot is pretty much safe, they unlike Napoli also have a very good defense, especially now that LG is ready to return from injury aswell. And their attack is deadly, much more so then Napoli's is. I'll take KDB, Schurrle, Dost over Higu,Calle and Hamsik any day of the week.

They had Benitez last year aswel, in a equal position and that became a choke fest. And they had a BETTER team then.