PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

11102 Roy Nelson -140.....

By Way of Skill......-140 is a gift.....and the Black Beast has been a recent fav of mine---to watch and bet on....Roy simply is too smart with too much skill here ..

Under 1.5=-185.....longer it goes the more it favors Roy....

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like that line , if roy can get him down or survive the 1st round he should win this fight, has a granite chin but the black beast hits like a monster, if roy fights smart this is his fight though, good find gonna put something on that before line goes up

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I like the black beast at + odds. 50 50 fight whoever knocks the other out

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

On Black Beast already and hit that when the odds first came out.. He's young, to big, hits to hard, can't be taken down and controlled by Roy either..

I like the younger Black beast in this match up big time!! I think he knocks out old Roy..

Pending 7/7/16 11:30pm UFC Fighting 1101 Derrick Lewis +120* vs Roy Nelson
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

Got taken down and mounted last fight vs gonZaga and looked gassed from 1 round before landing a big shot on a slow old gonZag
    been knocked out by Shawn Jordan and mitrione as well?

Roy Nelson doesn't beat the big names but any lower name he seems to Ko them or beat them easily every time don't see this being much different, I highly doubt he gets knocked out and Lewis probably won't win a decision so I like the -140 I see this being 65/70% Roy Nelson not 50/50 at all
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave firekillex 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Derrick Lewis has a 3 fight win streak going and all by KO.. He's on the rise and not a lower name anymore.. Gonzaga has probably better TD's then Roy Nelson also.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Derrick-Lewis-59284

Roy Nelson is a hundred years old now and has to be slowing down sooner or later in the fight game.. He's going up against a tough big black dude in Beast that hits probably as hard he does.. Liking Beast and by KO.. If it lasts Beast also probably has better cardio then Roy as crazy as that sounds.. Beast has a limited gas tank himself but Roy runs on empty after a round with that big belly of his....

May hedge still though with a Nelson 1st round finish depending on those odds come fight time... Roy is usually game for a round..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-13-16 at 06:26 PM.

firekillex

ive watched all of derick lewis ufc fights live, hes beaten all bums to be honest other then gonzaga, but gonzagas chin has been super suspect for years now , so that win is nothing special to me .. was almost bad because i seen him get mounted so easily and taken down/ gassed out. I like black beast a lot his post fight celebrations kill me everytime lmaooo but this is a terrible style matchup for him, hes not going to knock roy out and his gas tank is one of the worst ive seen so i highly doubt he goes in trying to outpoint roy... i see him landing some big shots first round then gassing out and probably getting taken down / controlled in the 2nd or 3rd round, once roys ontop of you its very very difficult to get up. Its heavyweight though and somebody with that much power can win at anytime, but watching his fights thats all he really has is big power, looks good against no name guys but lets see it work against a top 15 heavyweight with a granite chin , -140 is a gift imo roys a seasoned vet and needs the W , check his record he only loses to the best.. worst loss he has recently is to josh barnett and hes a killer in his own right , overeem,dos santos, hunt all top 10 . Usually any person who beats roy has to outpoint him the entire fight , watch the dos santos and overeem fights this man can take the biggest shots ive ever seen and the way lewis fights he puts it all out there first round so if he doesnt put him away it wont be a good night for him imo... maybe go lewis first rd prop then roy straight up ML
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ Can't argue your points fire, but I also have seen all of Roys and Lewis's fights.. While Lewis is improving fight to fight from what I see, Roy is slowing down with age.. I like the younger bigger hard hitting Lewis.. I think he can knock out Roy just like Mark Hunt did as well.. We will see, if Roy lands an early haymaker from hell he could knock out the Beast.. Not betting on that..

Another aging fighter in Dan Henderson landed the bomb from hell on Hector but lighting doesn't strike twice in the next UFC card are my thoughts.. Tough guy Roy is facing.. Don't think he can get the fight to the ground either.. Roy has crappy take downs and once gassed he can't hope to get Lewis down..

Suggartown
    Will work for 1/2 points
    Suggartown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I like Lewis in this one. He hits like a f.uck ing truck.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Im betting black beast. Gonna slump ole roy

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

imadegen gave Thrilla 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave Thrilla 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave Thrilla 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

firekillex

Lmaooo that celebration gets me every time , the one time he did it and the guy he knocked out was laying right beside him almost I was crying in laughter

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

imadegen gave JIBBBY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

firekillex

hahahahah thats the one, i remember rogan being concerned he was going to break his hands punching the matt so hard

PaperTrail07

Gonzaga had him down for a second and lets be honest---we were all impressed when he turned then finished the fight....again LOVE lewis...but Roy is a WAY better fighter....can adjust....knows the game......this is a HUGE step up.....and I agree fire---they are all essentially bums.....you doubt Big country....he will take your $
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    On Black Beast already and hit that when the odds first came out.. He's young, to big, hits to hard, can't be taken down and controlled by Roy either..

I like the younger Black beast in this match up big time!! I think he knocks out old Roy..

Pending 7/7/16 11:30pm UFC Fighting 1101 Derrick Lewis +120* vs Roy Nelson

PaperTrail07

we see this fight the same way it seems.....BC is $$
    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Got taken down and mounted last fight vs gonZaga and looked gassed from 1 round before landing a big shot on a slow old gonZag
    been knocked out by Shawn Jordan and mitrione as well?

Roy Nelson doesn't beat the big names but any lower name he seems to Ko them or beat them easily every time don't see this being much different, I highly doubt he gets knocked out and Lewis probably won't win a decision so I like the -140 I see this being 65/70% Roy Nelson not 50/50 at all

PaperTrail07

my god jibbbby is that you lol
    ^^ Derrick Lewis has a 3 fight win streak going and all by KO.. He's on the rise and not a lower name anymore.. Gonzaga has probably better TD's then Roy Nelson also.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Derrick-Lewis-59284

Roy Nelson is a hundred years old now and has to be slowing down sooner or later in the fight game.. He's going up against a tough big black dude in Beast that hits probably as hard he does.. Liking Beast and by KO.. If it lasts Beast also probably has better cardio then Roy as crazy as that sounds.. Beast has a limited gas tank himself but Roy runs on empty after a round with that big belly of his....

May hedge still though with a Nelson 1st round finish depending on those odds come fight time... Roy is usually game for a round..

PaperTrail07

Roy will survive round 1....the fight will be mostly roy on the outside or clinch......lewis slowly gasses....don't see lewis winning round's 2-3 IF it makes it there....Wouldn't be totally shocked to see a win on the ground by roy here...

PaperTrail07

Nelson 3 round decision is at +510.........just keeping an eye out.....

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Gonzaga had him down for a second and lets be honest---we were all impressed when he turned then finished the fight....again LOVE lewis...but Roy is a WAY better fighter....can adjust....knows the game......this is a HUGE step up.....and I agree fire---they are all essentially bums.....you doubt Big country....he will take your $
    i was definitely impressed when lewis got out of that mount but i feel like that was more just his brute power getting out, i think round 1 they exchange if lewis doesnt knock him out hell start to gas, nelson looks like hed be the one to gas but he actually has a pretty solid gas tank he maybe clips lewis gets him down and gets the crucifix finish with that big ass belly, realistically nelson has everything over lewis other then power which he has a ton himself and some reach but nelson usually closes the distance pretty well against the taller guys ( stefan struve ) that fight comes to mind, he lands those big overhand rights on the taller guys

Ultimatemeatball
    Ultimatemeatball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 999

Nelson will be 40 years old when this fight takes place. He's faced the stiffest of competition over the past 5 years, absorbing an incredible amount of punishment, and hasn't done himself any favors continuously letting his body go for over a decade. My prediction is this catches up to him. Lewis wants this more. Never count Big Country out. But, my pick is Lewis.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

Black beast called out roy Nelson for the same reason they call out frank mir. They know these fighters are over the hill yet are big names and are consistently ranked in the top 10. He gets to fight a fat guy, take a big name and get into the top 10 rankings...

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    Black beast called out roy Nelson for the same reason they call out frank mir. They know these fighters are over the hill yet are big names and are consistently ranked in the top 10. He gets to fight a fat guy, take a big name and get into the top 10 rankings...
    great profile pic #1
    #2 i honestly like black beast hes good for the division , but hes a low level fighter with huge power and roy nelson is the ultimate gate keeper for the top 10 heavyweights if you beat him youre top 10 and i dont think lewis is yet or even can be... ive seen him call out 2 people in his ufc career , 1st was matt mitrione and he got knocked out cold rushing in... 2nd time he called out shaun jordan trying to get revenge on his first loss and he got knocked out again... just some points to take into mind
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave firekillex 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Nelson is going to put his head in the rafters!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You guys obviously forgot how easy it was for Hunt to put Roy away... Beast does the same ting mon.. Big belly Roy is going nighty night in this scrap...

As long as Beast doesn't fight too cautious and give Roy too much respect he should get the win IMO....

Beast mode -

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-19-16 at 11:44 PM.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Off topic, but either Lesnar by sub or Hunt by KO!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

did mitrione KO the black beast?

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Yup first round mollywhopped him charging in , was a weird tko

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    By Way of Skill......-140 is a gift.....and the Black Beast has been a recent fav of mine---to watch and bet on....Roy simply is too smart with too much skill here ..

Under 1.5=-185.....longer it goes the more it favors Roy....

roy stopped being too smart when he made it clear he was going to stand with Hunt and then did it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post

firekillex

Btw comparing hunt to Derrick Lewis is just terrible they're in different stratospheres striking wise .. Lewis literally has one decent named win against gonzaga which he's on a steep decline and it was a tough fight... Match up Lewis and hunt Lewis would get literally destroyed lol Roy is just better then Lewis imo , if Lewis had a gas tank I'd say he could pick him apart for 3 rounds but I don't think he has it in him, so unless he rocks him and lands a few more power shots clean first round when he's fresh I doubt he knocks him out

thing is I like Lewis and don't really like Roy Nelson lol but I like the value might be a big play on Roy here

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

great profile pic #1
    #2 i honestly like black beast hes good for the division , but hes a low level fighter with huge power and roy nelson is the ultimate gate keeper for the top 10 heavyweights if you beat him youre top 10 and i dont think lewis is yet or even can be... ive seen him call out 2 people in his ufc career , 1st was matt mitrione and he got knocked out cold rushing in... 2nd time he called out shaun jordan trying to get revenge on his first loss and he got knocked out again... just some points to take into mind
    Mitrione and Jordan would beat the crap out of Roy as well.. Just some more points to keep in mind..

Roys best days are behind him.. He's just 2-5 in his last 7 fights.. Lost 3 of his last 4.. Roy is ripe for retirement or Bellator IMO at age 41 in just a few months..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Roy-Nelson-10249
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-20-16 at 02:24 PM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Btw comparing hunt to Derrick Lewis is just terrible they're in different stratospheres striking wise .. Lewis literally has one decent named win against gonzaga which he's on a steep decline and it was a tough fight... Match up Lewis and hunt Lewis would get literally destroyed lol Roy is just better then Lewis imo , if Lewis had a gas tank I'd say he could pick him apart for 3 rounds but I don't think he has it in him, so unless he rocks him and lands a few more power shots clean first round when he's fresh I doubt he knocks him out

thing is I like Lewis and don't really like Roy Nelson lol but I like the value might be a big play on Roy here

Who is comparing hunt to lewis?

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Mitrione and Jordan would beat the crap out of Roy as well.. Just some more points to keep in mind..

Roys best days are behind him.. He's just 2-5 in his last 7 fights.. Lost 3 of his last 4.. Roy is ripe for retirement or Bellator IMO at age 41 in just a few months..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Roy-Nelson-10249
    You realize Roy KO'ed Mitrione stiff right jibs?
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave mirinquads 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    You realize Roy KO'ed Mitrione stiff right jibs?
    Ya that was when Roy was 36 years old and during the Ultimate Fighter show if memory serves me correctly?.. Mitrione while he kinda sucks even today did get better since then.. Roy just got older, fatter and slower since then..

Roys chin also has got to be fading like we are seeing happen with Dan Henderson in his 40's.. Mark Hunt too..

I take Matt Mitrione today in a rematch...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-20-16 at 04:36 PM.

12 Last