BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

If you believe the Bible is 100% correct, you believe in slavery.

The reality is that the Bible says much more in support of slavery than against it. Even the New Testament Jesus never says owning people is wrong. Instead, the Bible gives explicit instructions to masters and slaves.

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5

Basically the Bible believes in slavery, thinks women are equal to only half of a man, and advocates killing and human sacrifice even though one of God's rules is thou shall not kill.

The Bible doesn't explain that the earth is round. The Bible doesn't explain how earthquakes or tornadoes happen, etc...this is because the people that wrote the Bible weren't very smart and had no clue how life worked. As a result, they made shit up and scared the hell out of people into believing it. If you don't understand science an easy cop out is to say God causes it to happen.

It's going to be great a few thousands years from now when people look at us and think we were very uneducated people that worshipped these crazy gods. It won't be any different than how we view the ancient Greeks that worshiped Zeus and Athena.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-22-17 at 12:10 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    If you believe the Bible is 100% correct, you believe in slavery.

The reality is that the Bible says much more in support of slavery than against it. Even the New Testament Jesus never says owning people is wrong. Instead, the Bible gives explicit instructions to masters and slaves.

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5

Basically the Bible believes in slavery, thinks women are equal to only half of a man, and advocates killing and human sacrifice even though one of God's rules is thou shall not kill.

The Bible doesn't explain that the earth is round. The Bible doesn't explain how earthquakes or tornadoes happen, etc...this is because the people that wrote the Bible weren't very smart and had no clue how life worked. As a result, they made shit up and scared the hell out of people into believing it. If you don't understand science an easy cop out is to say God causes it to happen.

It's going to be great a few thousands years from now when people look at us and think we were very uneducated people that worshipped these crazy gods. It won't be any different than how we view the ancient Greeks that worshiped Zeus and Athena.
    You act as if God made up what the sinful nature of people did while living their lives in biblical times (there are still slaves today btw, hear about yadizi women lately?). These were recorded events and yes there needed to be laws around such, doesn't mean anyone " believes in slavery ".

You are relying on fake news and fake science to prop your confidence that you have a idea that's better than anyone else that's trying to understand....you don't.

Open your heart and mind. Try deleting what everyone has said whether whoever they are and then form your very own unique opinion while having FAITH that what you are reading is TRUE. Don't look at any of it from your parents stand point or scientist, friends, etc etc.. read what Jesus specifically asked to be spread His message ... " the Gospel " matthew, mark, luke, and John ". THINGS WILL SHOW UP IN YOUR LIFE AND THINGS WILL HAPPEN. THERES NO OTHER EXPLANATION, ONLY EXCUSES OF DENILE.

GOD is beyond real, are we real? Is this world real? Space with a infinite universe real?

All very real, and the source of true love, not a deceptive spirit of love as islam or buddahist talk about, but real love the type that would lay it all down for you no matter position or status ...

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    You act as if God made up what the sinful nature of people did while living their lives in biblical times (there are still slaves today btw, hear about yadizi women lately?). These were recorded events and yes there needed to be laws around such, doesn't mean anyone " believes in slavery ".

You are relying on fake news and fake science to prop your confidence that you have a idea that's better than anyone else that's trying to understand....you don't.

Open your heart and mind. Try deleting what everyone has said whether whoever they are and then form your very own unique opinion while having FAITH that what you are reading is TRUE. Don't look at any of it from your parents stand point or scientist, friends, etc etc.. read what Jesus specifically asked to be spread His message ... " the Gospel " matthew, mark, luke, and John ". THINGS WILL SHOW UP IN YOUR LIFE AND THINGS WILL HAPPEN. THERES NO OTHER EXPLANATION, ONLY EXCUSES OF DENILE.

GOD is beyond real, are we real? Is this world real? Space with a infinite universe real?

All very real, and the source of true love, not a deceptive spirit of love as islam or buddahist talk about, but real love the type that would lay it all down for you no matter position or status ...
    Wait a minute, according to your religion, god created everything including man. That means god created slavery.

You're deflecting what the Bible actually says. It's literally says slaves are to obey their masters.

This isn't fake news. This is word for word what it says.

You didn't even bother to address my questions about science. Why doesn't the Bible explain science?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Wait a minute, according to your religion, god created everything including man. That means god created slavery.

You're deflecting what the Bible actually says. It's literally says slaves are to obey their masters.

This isn't fake news. This is word for word what it says.

You didn't even bother to address my questions about science. Why doesn't the Bible explain science?
    So " God created everything " is what you're going to go with after all the convo? Thought we went over God doesn't have anything to do with sin, PERFECT. Humans raping, slaving, murdering, pillaging and dominating one another has nothing to do with what God wants ...sin is a problem, humans have problems and we need laws and commands to identify & understand problems ... (like Ten Commandments)

So no, God didn't create slavery ... man+sin=slavery

Now science, it has been shown in this thread that science agrees with the historical events of Jesus (most agree here). Now having faith in Him and showing historical evidence is a different matter. The change of heart is evidence of faith and sites that are consistently found in Israel and elsewhere are qualified evidence of events.

Some things were not invented to describe in detail as they can today about the world around us. Some of these tools have been proven to be to help describe and dissect things in 2017 that wasn't possible thousands of years ago. We also have tools that are inconsistent, unreliable, and deceptive... Twist that in with the deceptive nature of man, of course there is a million and one ways to justify where you stand about God.

The fact is, you don't see any monkeys evolving today ...because it never happened. Some things do evolve like a bacteria or different patterns changing for survival. Evolution as taught is a scam, and what you think you can prove with a few scientist from the mainstream, God will make a liar. A big bang, they even know this sounds foolish... a big CRASH, then beautiful mountains, oceans, and forest...

takes more belief to muster up what mainstream wants you to believe you ask me but... at some point people pushed a flat earth as they are starting to do now in a jovial manner.. but if some want to take these people serious with their life in hand, their decision ..

the first verse of the Bible has science lesson btw, just takes understanding, " In the beginning (time) God made the heavens (space) and earth (matter) " ...
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-22-17 at 04:05 PM.

BigDofBA

The Bible doesn't mention dinosaurs, fossils, the theory of relativity or math.

Fossils we find contradict what the Bible says. Fossils found in the Grand Canyon don't support a great flood.

And yes, the Bible says it's okay to have slaves and stone women.

The Christian God did not create the earth. If he did, he did a shitty job because he created an imperfect world. We have tornados, floods, and natural disasters.

If God created man, he did a shitty job because man isn't perfect.

Bottom line, if I see God part an ocean I'll believe. With that said, no one on earth will ever see this. If God was so great, he wouldn't make his very existence so debatebale. He wouldn't allow for thousands of religions with different interpretations. He wouldn't allow for children to be born with handicaps.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-22-17 at 04:22 PM.

BigDofBA

Why is the Bible correct but the Quran isn't?

BTW if I wrote a book and say my cat created the earth, it isn't a "science lesson".
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-22-17 at 04:28 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

The Bible doesn't mention dinosaurs, fossils, the theory of relativity or math.

Dino is debatable, there is what sounds like a dino being described in the Bible. They used the word " dragon " a lot. The word dinosaur is fairly new. We all will be fossils, why would the Bible deny truth of dino fossils when some lived amongst some of them. As for math, in revelations it tells you to count the number of the beast "666" it also gives measurements to build arks, talks about Solomon and what was used to build the temple. He gave them original Hebrew as well
    https://answersingenesis.org/dinosau...and-the-bible/

Fossils we find contradict what the Bible says. Fossils found in the Grand Canyon don't support a great flood.
    Not true and the canyon itself supports a flood...

http://creation.com/grand-canyon-origin-flood

And yes, the Bible says it's okay to have slaves and stone women.
    Raping women is not ok, being slaved is not ok, killing is not ok but all of these things mentioned have happened to Gods chosen as well.. People have endured unspeakable things in the name of Jesus Christ, persecution so ugly ... just a disgusting heart some people have developed.

The Christian God did not create the earth. If he did, he did a shitty job because he created an imperfect world. We have tornados, floods, and natural disasters.
    Yes He did, and i think He did a beautiful job... earthquakes, volcanos, tornados, rain, and storms are necessary. Some of us might not like them but all of it perfectly in order and accord with earth and necessary.

If God created man, he did a shitty job because man isn't perfect.
    We were made in His image and yes perfect. Sin has destroyed that, and now this body dies one day...and a new perfect, body will be made...

Bottom line, if I see God part an ocean I'll believe. With that said, no one on earth will ever see this. If God was so great, he wouldn't make his very existence so debatebale. He wouldn't allow for thousands of religions with different interpretations. He wouldn't allow for children to be born with handicaps.

You are getting to see what some back then would have wanted to see with the invention of the internet, cameras, and evidences. What about the people that didn't get to see or hear any of this information other than what's in the Bible? All the discoveries, putting together the historical puzzle, finding the Dead Sea scrolls, prophecy unfolding. Jets flying at super sonic, people facetiming, cars flying, and still can't disprove the scriptures... as time goes, more inventors and scientist step up to strengthen the faith of the people even today in 2017 ... and faith is growing stronger for the people all the time ... (but the evidence of miracles is fact)
    In bold...
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-22-17 at 05:09 PM.

BigDofBA

In bold...
    You're a good guy and I'm not trying to change your views. I'm just sharing mine.

Anyway, imo, you never addressed my questions in regards to slavery or dinosaurs. You kind of tip toed around them. Lets stick to one topic at a time so there is no dodging or avoidance of the question Again, this is straight from the Bible. Please try and explain it to me.

Slavery
    "You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." Leviticus 25:44-46[/COLOR]

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." Ephesians 6:5

You tried to brush these versus off and say God didn't condone slavery but since man are sinners, God had to create a law for it. LMAO. That's the biggest crock of shit ever and you know it.

Why didn't God just make a commandment that said "Thou shall not own slaves"???? The bible doesn't provide law,it gives permission to own slaves and tells slaves to obey their masters.
    We here in America talk about horrible ISIS is because they enslave Yazidis yet our own Bible condones the very shit ISIS does. The only difference is education. We're smarted over here so we don't actually follow crazy religious shit word for word.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-22-17 at 08:08 PM.

BigDofBA

Dinosaurs
    You can tip toe around this and try to say that the term "dinosaur" is new so that's why the bible didn't mention it....not true. The Bible didn't mention it because the Bible was written by man before man knew what the hell dinosaurs were. That's why there are no mentions of dinosuars in the grand story of how God created the world

Fiction: The Bible"implies" the earth is only around 6000 years old. When it comes to something difficult likes this, as perfect as God is, he never gives us a clear cut answer. We only know that he is off by millions of years.

Fact:
    The Earth is actually millions of years old as evidenced by the discovery of fossils.

Conclusion
    I back science and research. Not an ancient text written by simple minded people that believed in slavery and had no clue how the earth worked. This is just one of many instances in which the Bible is proven wrong.

You said the first verse of the Bible was a science lesson...in the beginning God Created the Heavens and Earth....to me it's a bad science lesson because God skips the millions of years before man cam into existence. This period includes dinosaurs.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-22-17 at 08:33 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

You're a good guy and I'm not trying to change your views. I'm just sharing mine.

Think you are to, just confused or wouldn't bother...
    Anyway, imo, you never addressed my questions in regards to slavery or dinosaurs. You kind of tip toed around them. Lets stick to one topic at a time so there is no dodging or avoidance of the question Again, this is straight from the Bible. Please try and explain it to me.
    I didn't tip toe around anything and thought i answered your question even giving links to study yourself, but im guessing younwant kone of that...
    Slavery
    "You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." Leviticus 25:44-46[/COLOR]

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." Ephesians 6:5

See here

12And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him. 13And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; 14And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance. 15And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age. 16But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

As i was saying, God even told Abraham what was to come. Do you think God wanted HIS people enslaved? They served them and were afflicted for hundreds of years by the Egyptians. Ya know, moses... " let my people go " ... God didn't create slavery but man needed laws on what God would tolerate.
    You tried to brush these versus off and say God didn't condone slavery but since man are sinners, God had to create a law for it. LMAO. That's the biggest crock of shit ever and you know it.

See above paragraph
    Why didn't God just make a commandment that said "Thou shall not own slaves"???? The bible doesn't provide law,it gives permission to own slaves and tells slaves to obey their masters.

Not going into why God would do this or that ...

We here in America talk about horrible ISIS is because they enslave Yazidis yet our own Bible condones the very shit ISIS does. The only difference is education. We're smarted over here so we don't actually follow crazy religious shit word for word.

Again, it didn't start with God. You sound ridiculous ... there have been slaves all through time. Just because slaves were recorded in the Bible and there were laws on such doesn't mean God is in agreement. We didn't live thousands of years ago, and don't know how ALL slaves were treated ... (look at joesph the dreamer) was sold into slavery, ended up working right under the pharaoh...

oh and thats not the only reason why we think isis is horrible. They are terrorist that have fallen astray to misguidance. They now bring fear, hate, and violence to those who don't believe as they do. They openly say they want to dominate other countries. They dominate their women, they can't drive, talk, show their face. They force their daughters to marry any joe of their pleasing .. they kill their own for dating the wrong race or person.

THIS HAS BEEN A CHRISTIAN NATION from the beginning, so i don't know what you mean when you say " we don't actually follow crazy religious shyt over here " ... WE ARE FOUNDED ON IT, so you like the usa? Then you like the overall standards of life as seen in america provided by God for Christians there..

Bold blue
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-22-17 at 08:45 PM.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

Old Testament vs New Testament. Big d....

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    i go over that and over that ..

God tolerated it in OT, not anymore (since Jesus fulfilled the law) ...to the Jews that want to live by OT law is a different story, " they will be graphed back in " following the two greatest commandments you follow ALL OF THE LAW Love God with all your mind, body, and soul. Love your neighbor as yourself.
    Points Awarded:

Itsamazing777 gave brainfreeze 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigDofBA

This is good conversation. I always like to try to understand why people believe certain things.

In case I haven't stated this, I was once a Christian that attended church regularly. I was raised into. It was a journey to come to the realization that deep down it didn't make sense and I didn't believe it regardless of how much I tried to trick myself into believing.

I've talked to Muslims, Mormons, Christians, etc. It's always amazing to me how they all believe so strongly in their religion and yet they're all different. So with that said, at least I try to understand other people. When I tell people I'm an atheists, people I know, they often say, "You're one of the last people I would expect to be an atheists." Lol. Wth. Atheists are bad people.

Slavery
    Anyway, I'm still not buying the excuse for slavery being in the Bible. God had commandments, many of which included worshipping him...why not make one saying Thou shall not own slaves or Thou shall not stone women who aren't virgins?

It just doesn't make sense or jive. The Bible gives permission to own slaves. It's an ancient ass backwards way of thinking. Just like the Muslims think women should cover their face. You can't justify those scriptures.

Our country founded on Christianity??? Lol
    This is absolutely false. There is a reason the founding fathers wanted separation of Church and State. Research history and guys like George Washington and John Adams. Hell, just google this. This is absolutely false.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

This is good conversation. I always like to try to understand why people believe certain things.

In case I haven't stated this, I was once a Christian that attended church regularly. I was raised into. It was a journey to come to the realization that deep down it didn't make sense and I didn't believe it regardless of how much I tried to trick myself into believing.

I've talked to Muslims, Mormons, Christians, etc. It's always amazing to me how they all believe so strongly in their religion and yet they're all different. So with that said, at least I try to understand other people. When I tell people I'm an atheists, people I know, they often say, "You're one of the last people I would expect to be an atheists." Lol. Wth. Atheists are bad people.

Slavery
    Anyway, I'm still not buying the excuse for slavery being in the Bible. God had commandments, many of which included worshipping him...why not make one saying Thou shall not own slaves or Thou shall not stone women who aren't virgins?

It just doesn't make sense or jive. The Bible gives permission to own slaves. It's an ancient ass backwards way of thinking. Just like the Muslims think women should cover their face. You can't justify those scriptures.

This is absolutely false. There is a reason the founding fathers wanted separation of Church and State. Research history and guys like George Washington and John Adams. Hell, just google this. This is absolutely false.
    Times change? Just like all the crap that's accepted now that wasn't 50 ago...

BigDofBA

Yeah. My problem is that I'm looking for logic, reasoning and consistency.

The Old Testament vs New Testament is an out to cherry pick the good and ignore the bad imo.

Is the Old Testament not the word of "God"? Than how can you ignore it?

Read Mathew 5:17. Jesus does not abolish the Old Testament.

At any rate, God is supposed to be perfect. How can you throw out the Old Testament.

It's not like the New Testament is all peaches either.

BigDofBA

Times change? Just like all the crap that's accepted now that wasn't 50 ago...
    Lol. Awesome response.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

I was raised Christian as well, and there are problems with each group, but the feelings and the power and the miracles I have personally been a part of are real
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave Itsamazing777 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Lol. Awesome response.
    Touché

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Slavery
    Jesus stopped a women from being stoned for adultery... just saying

You are free to worship as you please, there is separation in that sense. The laws that the body of Americans adhere to, were established by Protestant patriots over half of the signatures on the Declaration of Independence is signed by Christians ... presidents are sworn in on a BIBLE. It's in the pledge, " Lord " is mentioned in the constitution ... im sure there were counter-agendas because satan doesn't sleep either .. but these are the FACTS...

Nice introduction though ..
    Blue bold

BigDofBA

Blue bold
    That is true but it does not mean this country was founded on Christianity.

America is a melting pot that accepts all people, or used to anyway. This is why America is great. We get the best from all walks of life.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

That is true but it does not mean this country was founded on Christianity.

America is a melting pot that accepts all people, or used to anyway. This is why America is great. We get the best from all walks of life.
    You won't see iran, saudi arabia, yemen, syria, iraq etc. giving you GRANTS AND TAX DOLLARS to build churches in these countries as you see happening here with mosc ... the notion is crazy, you think people here want to support and build alters for gods that they don't believe in? America has been predominantly white with black Christian folks and natives with treaties...

all this melting pot stuff is recent, hasn't always " been like this " ...

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

And yes times and context do change http://www.godandscience.org/apologe...ery_bible.html

BigDofBA

You won't see iran, saudi arabia, yemen, syria, iraq etc. giving you GRANTS AND TAX DOLLARS to build churches in these countries as you see happening here with mosc ... the notion is crazy, you think people here want to support and build alters for gods that they don't believe in? America has been predominantly white with black Christian folks and natives with treaties...

all this melting pot stuff is recent, hasn't always " been like this " ...
    Yeah I agree.

I never said I didn't like America or anything. We've come along way and should continue to progress.

You and I should be able to have different beliefs, discuss it openly, and still respect each other at the end of the day

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Yeah I agree.

I never said I didn't like America or anything. We've come along way and should continue to progress.

You and I should be able to have different beliefs, discuss it openly, and still respect each other at the end of the day
    Yes, i like discussing also. i don't mind that you have different beliefs. i would still treat you as myself, and feed you if you were hungry. i respect and love people, i don't have respect for other gods is all...

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

It's like saying " you can believe in Jesus but you don't have to read the Bible or follow His Words "... Church is good. People sometimes have trouble at churches because of different problems with pastors and congregations rather if its money problems or not agreeing on sermons etc...

You just have to find a church that works and is in complete agreement with what's taught in the Gospel. A place to grow your relationship with Christ and worship around fellow members. There are some preachers that can really soak up the scriptures and give a lot of spiritual discernment. They also help the community, the orphanages, and world. Good place for Bible studies, prayer service, and get together as well...

finding a good church is beneficial to our lives...
    If all claim to be inspired by the Holy Spirit when interpreting the bible but all have different interpretations, how can the Holy Spirit be confused? Moreover, how can humans trust their own interpretations as right when humans are not perfect? This picking and choosing which Church fits in with my interpretation and ditching it for another once it conflicts is why there are hundreds of thousands of denominations and confused christians. One Holy and Apostolic Church established by Jesus Christ is the Holy Catholic Church. One Universal Church just as God intended to bring all believers under. Protestantism is a protest against God's Church. God would never establish a Church (Matthew 16:18) and let it fall into error. He protected it against the gates of hell, and gave the keys to Peter who passed on the office of the Papacy to the apostles all the way up to today. Through 2,000 years of persecution, wars, and everything, the Catholic Church remains. Because it is the One true Holy and Apostolic Church established by Christ.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    If all claim to be inspired by the Holy Spirit when interpreting the bible but all have different interpretations, how can the Holy Spirit be confused? Moreover, how can humans trust their own interpretations as right when humans are not perfect? This picking and choosing which Church fits in with my interpretation and ditching it for another once it conflicts is why there are hundreds of thousands of denominations and confused christians. One Holy and Apostolic Church established by Jesus Christ is the Holy Catholic Church. One Universal Church just as God intended to bring all believers under. Protestantism is a protest against God's Church. God would never establish a Church (Matthew 16:18) and let it fall into error. He protected it against the gates of hell, and gave the keys to Peter who passed on the office of the Papacy to the apostles all the way up to today. Through 2,000 years of persecution, wars, and everything, the Catholic Church remains. Because it is the One true Holy and Apostolic Church established by Christ.
    Anyone can claim anything including you ... im not a prophet and don't know where the catholics fall but i'll just give you a few personal facts ...there was never a day where i didn't want to fall asleep in a catholic mass. Jesus never called for a hierarchy, the " order " of catholics is all man made (popes, calling priest father) ... and most only stick to one twisted scripture to justify this crooked catholic denomination... and that's the " Peter you are my rock. " This is for people with little understanding of their own and rely on a priest interpretation. Jesus used to say " the least of you are the greatest in heaven " as the first will be the last and the last will be first. Jesus said " there is no greater man than John the Baptist ". Peter is the one who denied Jesus thrice ...

Whos least of them shall be first ... Jesus NEVER called peter a pope or that any that come after peter are popes... this is mans weak attempt to control what God is building (His church).

Oh and i don't believe evolution as the pope does, i don't do repetitive prayer, and i won't act as if im worshiping along side muslims, shamans, Buddhist etc as if we are worshiping the same god.

And i would never support a denom that has slaughtered christians and dominated people abusing and misusing Gods Word ( " paying $ for sins, keeping Word in latin etc. etc. " ) ...
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-22-17 at 11:54 PM.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Fossils found in the Grand Canyon don't support a great flood.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

To find the right church isn't always easy... you just keep going until Gods Word, the Holy Spirit, your heart, and the church one chooses is all in harmony ... all in one accord, then you've found a fit.

The main ones are saying the same thing besides a few small (not salavation issues). Bapitist, Protestant, lutheran, have small differences ...

its not like mormons, jehovah witnesses, and catholics ... there's levels of deception amongst sects (who all claim Christ) amongst those that build there own philosophies and ideologies...

(what i mean by salvation issue is it isn't going to take ones name out of The Book Of Life) i dont think it makes a difference if you believe in a rapture or not. These things separate people and they aren't salvation issues ...but there is a lot of spiritual twisting and manipulating THIS IS FACT, ive fought against deceptive twisting on CHRISTIAN SITES ... spiritual warfare is a beast ...but God will nudge you in the right directions, the Spirit moves the mind and heart in to the truths He wants to reveal to any particular individual for any reason He see fit.. if one seeks this truth with all their heart, and keep prayer... all things are possible

He can also leave people in their delusions as well ..
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-23-17 at 12:25 AM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Yeah. My problem is that I'm looking for logic, reasoning and consistency.

The Old Testament vs New Testament is an out to cherry pick the good and ignore the bad imo.

Is the Old Testament not the word of "God"? Than how can you ignore it?

Read Mathew 5:17. Jesus does not abolish the Old Testament.

At any rate, God is supposed to be perfect. How can you throw out the Old Testament.

It's not like the New Testament is all peaches either.
    i really think you believe that ... and the story together is beautiful. The Bible is perfect, the story is amazing and REALLL!! The OT compliments the NT and vice versa. The prophecies established in OT coming to fruition in NT (and now). The OT tribes and the NT church. The OT law and the NT Christ. The OT lineage and historical stories the NT with rich doctrine and holy revelations. The OT with wise words of solomons proverbs and the NT with Paul's heart pouring out what the Holy Spirit provided...

Only if people could appreciate what they have at their finger tips .... people have died and would die and still do die to get a hold of It...

There is nothing left out, all the grimeous stuff and the holiest is in there. The way to eternal life and death is there. Betrayal, a kiss of death, giving His life for us, slavery, rape, killing, giving, love, stories of kings, Gods people, gentile and Gods glory ...it's all there, no cherry pick nothing.. Best group of Words put together that ever will be..
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-23-17 at 01:03 AM.

BigDofBA

This is a bunch of words without really providing evidence for anything.

What Christian website did you copy and paste this from?

You're a Christian. As a result, your churches are the only true churches in the world because that's what you choose to believe. I got that.

My point is that other religions around the world feel the same way about their religions and holy texts. The Quran says Islam is the only true way to Allah. Muslims think Christians are wrong and they'll kill and die for God. That doesn't make it right.

IMO, It's all manmade BS that has evolved differently in different parts of the world. That's why none of it is consistent and people around the world worship God/Gods differently.

BTW, where exactly is Heaven and Hell? How does a persons soul travel from earth to the afterlife? Why doesn't the Bible explain this in detail? It seems like an important thing.

We know the earth is a planet in a huge area called space. We know that other planets are millions of light years away. So again, how far does the soul actually have to travel to reach heaven or hell?

NASA just discovered seven new planets yesterday. If we tried to reach those planets going 600 mph it would take millions of years. How does a floating soul ever reach heaven if it's another demention outside of space?

Why did got create space and other planets if he only cared about Earth?

How can a person possibly believe this when simple people made up the stories thousands of years ago when they thought the earth was the center of the universe?
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-23-17 at 08:39 AM.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

To find the right church isn't always easy... you just keep going until Gods Word, the Holy Spirit, your heart, and the church one chooses is all in harmony ... all in one accord, then you've found a fit.

The main ones are saying the same thing besides a few small (not salavation issues). Bapitist, Protestant, lutheran, have small differences ...

its not like mormons, jehovah witnesses, and catholics ... there's levels of deception amongst sects (who all claim Christ) amongst those that build there own philosophies and ideologies...

(what i mean by salvation issue is it isn't going to take ones name out of The Book Of Life) i dont think it makes a difference if you believe in a rapture or not. These things separate people and they aren't salvation issues ...but there is a lot of spiritual twisting and manipulating THIS IS FACT, ive fought against deceptive twisting on CHRISTIAN SITES ... spiritual warfare is a beast ...but God will nudge you in the right directions, the Spirit moves the mind and heart in to the truths He wants to reveal to any particular individual for any reason He see fit.. if one seeks this truth with all their heart, and keep prayer... all things are possible

He can also leave people in their delusions as well ..
    There's no way to know whether you're assenting to divine revelation or to mere human opinion about divine revelation.

Protestants reject the notion of ecclesial infallibility, maintaining that no person, church, or denomination has been preserved from error in its teachings. Which means that anyone could be wrong, and no person or institution can be trusted with speaking the truth of divine revelation without error.

Consider the question of same-sex “marriage.” Until quite recently, all Protestant denominations taught this was a contradiction in terms. But now many have modified or even completely reversed this doctrine. Those Protestants who accept this new teaching believe that the old one was wrong—an erroneous human opinion that became enshrined in their church’s statement of faith. They can do this confidently, knowing that none of their fellow church members can plausibly claim that it contradicts an irreformable dogma that was infallibly revealed by God.

How is the Catholic’s judgment different from a Protestant's, if at all? The difference lies in the conclusion, or finishing point, of the inquiry they make. Whereas the Protestant can ultimately submit only to his own judgment, which he knows to be fallible, the Catholic can confidently render total assent to the proclamations of the visible Church that Christ established and guides, submitting his judgments to its judgments as to Christ's.

And so a Catholic can know divine revelation, as distinct from human opinion, by looking to the Church, which speaks with Christ’s voice and cannot lie. For a Protestant, only the Bible itself contains God’s infallibly inspired words, so he desires to assent to that. But since the Bible must be interpreted by someone, the closest he can come to assenting to biblical teaching is assenting to his own fallible interpretation of it. And assenting to yourself is no assent at all.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

There's no way to know whether you're assenting to divine revelation or to mere human opinion about divine revelation.

Protestants reject the notion of ecclesial infallibility, maintaining that no person, church, or denomination has been preserved from error in its teachings. Which means that anyone could be wrong, and no person or institution can be trusted with speaking the truth of divine revelation without error.

Consider the question of same-sex “marriage.” Until quite recently, all Protestant denominations taught this was a contradiction in terms. But now many have modified or even completely reversed this doctrine. Those Protestants who accept this new teaching believe that the old one was wrong—an erroneous human opinion that became enshrined in their church’s statement of faith. They can do this confidently, knowing that none of their fellow church members can plausibly claim that it contradicts an irreformable dogma that was infallibly revealed by God.

How is the Catholic’s judgment different from a Protestant's, if at all? The difference lies in the conclusion, or finishing point, of the inquiry they make. Whereas the Protestant can ultimately submit only to his own judgment, which he knows to be fallible, the Catholic can confidently render total assent to the proclamations of the visible Church that Christ established and guides, submitting his judgments to its judgments as to Christ's.

And so a Catholic can know divine revelation, as distinct from human opinion, by looking to the Church, which speaks with Christ’s voice and cannot lie. For a Protestant, only the Bible itself contains God’s infallibly inspired words, so he desires to assent to that. But since the Bible must be interpreted by someone, the closest he can come to assenting to biblical teaching is assenting to his own fallible interpretation of it. And assenting to yourself is no assent at all.
    i don't believe so, i believe your church speaks with deception. im not the only one either, there's a lot of Christian folks that are pretty sick of the rcc. The lies, the murder, the corruptions, molesting little boys, the unholy agendas. Most christians agree how terrible the roman catholic church has been since it's exsistance.

and not all Protestant accept same sex marriage. Only the ones selling themselves short for whatever reasons. i don't accept same sex marriage and i side with the baptist. You can probably find a woman preacher that claims to be baptist that marries same sex couples ...

shes not a baptist ... and this is a salvation issue.
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-23-17 at 12:02 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

God reveals divine revelation to whom he see fit. Since we are talking about divine revelations, please tell us the story of " John of Patmos " and his relationship to the pope and the roman catholic church ... all the rcc is, is a highjacked movement built to control and hold the people from their creator and having a relationship with Him.

The catholic church has no divine revelation ... you say you look to the church, who? There's a FIVE FOLD MINISTRY. If God wants to wake a man up in the middle of his sleep and give him divine revelation He does so..and has done so. never and will never have anything to do with catholics... i don't know how people could stand by the history of the rcc and all the destruction it has left in its wake. family ties? Power? Brotherhood? Like little boys?
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-23-17 at 12:20 PM.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

We know the earth is a planet in a huge area called space. We know that other planets are millions of light years away.
    Light years are not understood, and may not exist.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

" Far more disturbing are the poll results that showed that 44 percent of catholics have never or rarely read the Bible, while this is true with only 7 percent of evangelicals and 13 percent of non evangelical protestant. "

http://www.catholicity.com/commentary/carlin/05386.html

The decline and fall of the catholic church, coming from one of your own ...

First ... 90919293949596 ... Last