brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Funny, we think the same about you guys. Times 10

When you quit using the bible as the main source for your argument, we can elevate the discussion past the second grade level.

In a 2013 meta-analysis, led by Professor Miron Zuckerman, of 63 scientific studies about IQ and religiosity, a negative relation between intelligence and religiosity was found in 53, and a positive relation in the remaining ten. Controlling for other factors, they can only confidently show strong negative correlation between intelligence and religiosity among American Protestants.[1][2]

Nyborg also co-authored a study with Richard Lynn, emeritus professor of psychology at the University of Ulster, which compared religious belief and average national IQs in 137 countries.[11] The study analysed the issue from several viewpoints. Firstly, using data from a U.S. study of 6,825 adolescents, the authors found that atheists scored 6 IQ points higher than non-atheists.

Secondly, the authors investigated the link between religiosity and intelligence on a country level. Among the sample of 137 countries, only 23 (17%) had more than 20% of atheists, which constituted “virtually all... higher IQ countries.” The authors reported a correlation of 0.60 between atheism rates and level of intelligence, which was determined to be “highly statistically significant”.[11]

Waste of time, whoever created this article.... Nobody's going for it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Vahan_Damadian

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

Guess these guys are just dummies as well right ?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Pretty wild, all the hatred and long conversation over a God that doesn't exist, right ? If some don't want to believe in YAHWEH - YAHSHUA - and Ra' Hockodesh / Father-Son -and Holy Ghost.... So be it, move along, what do you get from arguing ?

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Pretty wild, all the hatred and long conversation over a God that doesn't exist, right ? If some don't want to believe in YAHWEH - YAHSHUA - and Ra' Hockodesh / Father-Son -and Holy Ghost.... So be it, move along, what do you get from arguing ?
    I have only participated in this discussion when you believers have attacked atheists. F.inst. when Jtoler wrote that atheists have no morals because there is no need for it.

Or when KVB posted an image that ridiculed atheists claiming that not believing in god is as foolish as a fetus not believing in the mother.

And finally here when recon1 said that non-believers have made their choice. As if there was ever a choice to make.

If you, recon1, KVB and jtoler just sit around discussing bible qoutes and preparing for the rapture, then I wont bother you.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Was about to basically say the same. It's the same aged old argument no new ground is being broken here. I'd never debate Santa Claus because I know he's not real.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    I have only participated in this discussion when you believers have attacked atheists. F.inst. when Jtoler wrote that atheists have no morals because there is no need for it.

Or when KVB posted an image that ridiculed atheists claiming that not believing in god is as foolish as a fetus not believing in the mother.

And finally here when recon1 said that non-believers have made their choice. As if there was ever a choice to make.

If you, recon1, KVB and jtoler just sit around discussing bible qoutes and preparing for the rapture, then I wont bother you.
    I don't see that as attacking, I see it as feeling sorry for the atheist position. You might want to go back over this thread and see what attacking looks like... Heavily outweighed by those who don't believe in God.

8 Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! Without us you have become kings! And would that you did reign, so that we might share the rule with you! 9 For I think that God has exhibited us apostles as last of all, alike men sentenced to death, because we xhave become a spectacle to the world, to angels, and to men. 10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are held in honor, but we in disrepute. 11 To the present hour we hunger and thirst, we are poorly dressed and buffeted and homeless, 12 and we labor, working with our own hands. When reviled, we bless; when persecuted, we endure; 13 when slandered, we entreat. We have become, and are still, like the scum of the world, the refuse of all things.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You twisted what I said but its fine.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    You twisted what I said but its fine.
    Happens a lot Jtoler...

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Was about to basically say the same. It's the same aged old argument no new ground is being broken here. I'd never debate Santa Claus because I know he's not real.
    Jtoler: I believe in god because those that argue against the existence of god provide clear proof one exists.

Pastor:
    Jtoler, I'm not sure I follow your logic, can you please clarify?

Jtoler:
    Ok, think of it like this. Pastor, me and you know Santa Claus doesn't exist, so we don't even partake in the argument. Because WE KNOW he doesn't exist we don't waste our time arguing it.

Pastor:
    Oh I see. Our unwillingness to partake in a Santa Claus argument is clear proof he does not exist, therefore every time an atheist argues the existence of god, it is actually more proof one exists.

Jtoler
    : Exactly! And they say we have the low IQ's.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Have you seen a baby come out of a vagina? That shit is a miracle.

And even more a of a miracle is a guy still having sex with that vagina after witnessing that.

Praise God!

This flew under the radar guys.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

That picture is not an attack on anyone. It is meant to provoke thoughts about faith, belief, and how we approach the unkown. Yet another poster missing the point because he is too busy arguing with folks. The discussion could have gone differently, could have been better.

No attacks, here, I ridiculed no one. I only corrected a believer's mainstream perception of science. There was an error with the the use of scientific words, a definitional error. Read the posts people.

Here's one for everyone: Please make an inclusive list of everything you don't know.

Philosophy, science, faith, religion, intelligence and, most of all, reading comprehension is lost on practically everyone in this thread. Now that was an attack!!!! My guess is those being attacked won't even understand it.

And no Kraken, that wasn't meant for you.

This thread has some good posts, this thread has some bad posts, but don't they all?

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    That picture is not an attack on anyone. It is meant to provoke thoughts about faith, belief, and how we approach the unkown. Yet another poster missing the point because he is too busy arguing with folks. The discussion could have gone differently, could have been better.

No attacks, here, I ridiculed no one. I only corrected a believer's mainstream perception of science. There was an error with the the use of scientific words, a definitional error. Read the posts people.

Here's one for everyone: Please make an inclusive list of everything you don't know.

Philosophy, science, faith, religion, intelligence and, most of all, reading comprehension is lost on practically everyone in this thread. Now that was an attack!!!! My guess is those being attacked won't even understand it.

And no Kraken, that wasn't meant for you.

This thread has some good posts, this thread has some bad posts, but don't they all?

Attack was the wrong word to use. Provocation was a better one. My argument was that I joined the conversation only when being provoked by comments by believers.

And I believe the same is true in real life. The reason why we are discussing god, and not Santa Claus, is because the people who believe Santa Claus is real have very little power in society, as they are ususally not very old. However the people who believe in god have considerable influence on society.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

However the people who believe in god have considerable influence on society.
    As the case with Duke this month.... It's always a good thing!

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO

As the case with Duke this month.... It's always a good thing!
    Yes, lets return to the Dark Ages.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Attack was the wrong word to use. Provocation was a better one. My argument was that I joined the conversation only when being provoked by comments by believers.

And I believe the same is true in real life. The reason why we are discussing god, and not Santa Claus, is because the people who believe Santa Claus is real have very little power in society, as they are ususally not very old. However the people who believe in god have considerable influence on society.
    This is an interesting truth about influence on society. Our country (US), with religious freedoms, was founded by men who believed in God; hence the Judeo-Christian values and legal system of the last couple of hundred years. I agree with you.

The media outlets, on the other hand, carry a tremendous amount of influence on society. And we know what happens when the religious right attacks something, say homosexuality, in the media. There becomes a double standard as the religious “nut” is wholly persecuted. There seems to be a right to accept homosexuality, but you do not have the right to deny it, at least in public. Careers have been ruined or almost ruined because of this.

This is not meant to steer thread towards a homosexual theme and argument (there are plenty of homosexually themed threads already (just ask Seaweed and Rocket…lol)).

It’s just a survey on power and influence, seems there is a war on that front too.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Thammer, you should see a baby come out of a C-Section! It's like pulling a bowling ball through a wetsuit

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Thammer, you should see a baby come out of a C-Section! It's like pulling a bowling ball through a wetsuit
    Been there Gaucho, done that. I worked in the UCLA Med center, Labor and Delivery unit. I was really just an orderly, working with the nurses. The first section I witnessed, I was in the room, and the doctor held both hands up about head level and said "here we go."

Dude went both elbows deep into the torso and and just pulled out the baby.

You never forget your first time.

Last edited by KVB; 01-26-15 at 02:54 PM.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Watch link and answer in bold..
    No doubt.

Obama used old testament to manipulate folks. He's no doubt a Satanist or muslim same thing.

I too find it funny how those who don't believe discuss this at length, tells me they are still searching and are not satisfied with the emptiness they've created for themselves with material items and lust of wanting more and more from Satan.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Funny, we think the same about you guys. Times 10

When you quit using the bible as the main source for your argument, we can elevate the discussion past the second grade level.

In a 2013 meta-analysis, led by Professor Miron Zuckerman, of 63 scientific studies about IQ and religiosity, a negative relation between intelligence and religiosity was found in 53, and a positive relation in the remaining ten. Controlling for other factors, they can only confidently show strong negative correlation between intelligence and religiosity among American Protestants.[1][2]

Nyborg also co-authored a study with Richard Lynn, emeritus professor of psychology at the University of Ulster, which compared religious belief and average national IQs in 137 countries.[11] The study analysed the issue from several viewpoints. Firstly, using data from a U.S. study of 6,825 adolescents, the authors found that atheists scored 6 IQ points higher than non-atheists.

Secondly, the authors investigated the link between religiosity and intelligence on a country level. Among the sample of 137 countries, only 23 (17%) had more than 20% of atheists, which constituted “virtually all... higher IQ countries.” The authors reported a correlation of 0.60 between atheism rates and level of intelligence, which was determined to be “highly statistically significant”.[11]

Do you consume illegal narcotics?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    No doubt.

Obama used old testament to manipulate folks. He's no doubt a Satanist or muslim same thing.

I too find it funny how those who don't believe discuss this at length, tells me they are still searching and are not satisfied with the emptiness they've created for themselves with material items and lust of wanting more and more from Satan.
    nah, we are tired having religion crammed down our throats and having the sheep judge us for not having faith in the unproven... nothing amazes me more than adults who believe in god... its truly mind boggling... thats why i like to discuss... im looking for logical answers why people believe...i have yet to hear 1

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    nah, we are tired having religion crammed down our throats and having the sheep judge us for not having faith in the unproven... nothing amazes me more than adults who believe in god... its truly mind boggling... thats why i like to discuss... im looking for logical answers why people believe...i have yet to hear 1
    I understand, you are still searching and that's ok. Whatever you've decided on hasn't satisfied you yet.

Nothing personal, but maybe you aren't the heaven kinda guy and God knows this (just assuming) and maybe this is all you were ever meant to have whats here on earth and afterword maybe not such good things.
    We are gambling kinda guys correct?

All i can tell you is I've seen the other side and it aint pretty. Good exist and so does bad, but THE BAD IS REALLY BAD.

I truly believe some were not meant for anything more than whats here on earth, you just may be that person. Good-luck and have fun brother!

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

I don't see that as attacking, I see it as feeling sorry for the atheist position. You might want to go back over this thread and see what attacking looks like... Heavily outweighed by those who don't believe in God.
    This coming the guy a while ago, between posting videos of chinese lanterns to convince us that Ufos are actually fallen angels or demons, dismissed mediation as the work of the devil or somebody evil or some shit. But he's the one feeling superior to everybody else...

You don't need to worry about people who don't believe in your God...we'll be fine.

bigtymer56

I understand, you are still searching and that's ok. Whatever you've decided on hasn't satisfied you yet.

Nothing personal, but maybe you aren't the heaven kinda guy and God knows this (just assuming) and maybe this is all you were ever meant to have whats here on earth and afterword maybe not such good things.

All i can tell you is I've seen the other side and it aint pretty. Good exist and so does bad, but THE BAD IS REALLY BAD.

I truly believe some were not meant for anything more than whats here on earth, you just may be that person. Good-luck and have fun brother!
    Here we go again with this smug "Hey I'm already good, I'm just trying to help you out" attitude.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Here we go again with this smug "Hey I'm already good, I'm just trying to help you out" attitude.
    Excuse you. "smug" i was wishing the man the best in this journey and i get called smug.

Look the bible clearly says naysayers will exist in these days and grow in numbers. These folks are in essence cannon fodder, they've made the choice and it seems you have bet it all on this world, even with all the evidence available to you. Like I've said Good-luck BT!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Suppose, for argument's sake, that the truth is the opposite of what you believe. Would that change how you live your life?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Your real, recon... Your post are light and I feel them, God knows these folks need to hear it, smh..... Good for you!!

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

i have a ton of respect for those who live their religion, believing in god and being persecuted is not a weakness it shows strength and character. to become a master you must master yourself, overcoming your carnal desires and doing his will is much tougher then most men of flesh can take on, that's why we have so many non believers because much like water it's easier to take the path of least resistance in life, i am guilty of this
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave innovation 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brainfreeze gave innovation 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze, and recon1

brainfreeze
    Meaning

This coming the guy a while ago, between posting videos of chinese lanterns to convince us that Ufos are actually fallen angels or demons, dismissed mediation as the work of the devil or somebody evil or some shit. But he's the one feeling superior to everybody else...

You don't need to worry about people who don't believe in your God...we'll be fine.
    Proof please, about the lanterns... As I said my friend was interviewed BY UFO people with thousands of viewers, there's no way in the world you could prove it was fake, as I can't prove it's real, there's all types of things between crop circles to interviews, I believe people are seeing something but it's not what they think,

As for meditation ... Do some research, when your " open ", one is allowing anything IN ... This is what hindus, buddahs, and yogis do.... Just research meditation being demonic.... I didn't just come up with this.

I bless those who make a mockery of me, sincerely with the love of God, be blessed bigtymer, I hope you well.

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    Pretty much this. Is it because they grew up like that and everybody around is the same? Is because they had some experience? Is it because it gives them some purpose and helps them cope with daily life? Is it because their scared of death and it helps them cope? Personally, that's what keep me going for a while and one of the reasons why I still hold on to that shred of hope that there is a god. The fear that there is no afterlife and this is it, is way more terrifying to me than going to hell or some other shit. That shit keeps me up at night from time to time.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Pretty much this. Is it because they grew up like that and everybody around is the same? Is because they had some experience? Is it because it gives them some purpose and helps them cope with daily life? Is it because their scared of death and it helps them cope? Personally, that's what keep me going for a while and one of the reasons why I still hold on to that shred of hope that there is a god. The fear that there is no afterlife and this is it, is way more terrifying to me than going to hell or some other shit. That shit keeps me up at night from time to time.
    And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    i have a ton of respect for those who live their religion, believing in god and being persecuted is not a weakness it shows strength and character. to become a master you must master yourself, overcoming your carnal desires and doing his will is much tougher then most men of flesh can take on, that's why we have so many non believers because much like water it's easier to take the path of least resistance in life, i am guilty of this
    Don't you give my gift back either !! This is from the heart, and of substance, realizing this is growth.
    Points Awarded:

innovation gave brainfreeze 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Personally, that's what keep me going for a while and one of the reasons why I still hold on to that shred of hope that there is a god. The fear that there is no afterlife and this is it, is way more terrifying to me than going to hell or some other shit. That shit keeps me up at night from time to time.
    11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Paul battled as well....

Romans 7:19-24

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

this is why I commend you, by posting on a gambling forum the amount of persecution is ridiculous. i know however the truth, the biggest sinner can be the greatest saint, much like Saul/Paul

the other side of the coin is, those that obtain a greater knowledge and bare witness are better off not knowing at all, should they stray and or deny the truth.

the power of the atonement is for the flesh, those who know and turn will have to suffer even as Christ suffered, should they pass without humbly submitting their will and quite frankly most will not choose to suffer and thus live eternity in one if the lesser degrees

the time is nigh, a apostle once said if we knew now what we know when the veil is lifted, we would run through the streets sharing the gospel because we would see how important our carnal choices are to our next degree of the eternities
    Last edited by innovation; 01-27-15 at 12:11 AM.
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave innovation 200 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Do you consume illegal narcotics?
    No, why do you ask?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
    pretty obvious that the book was created to scare mankind into believing the same thing... in order to try and produce good in the world... so many different people involved.. so much added, left out and scripture doctored by the panel...nice effort, but its so over the top it has people believing they are somehow more special than others and has logical and rational thinking people getting disrespected for using their brain

recon, what did you mean by the bad is really bad? what did you witness?

First ... 16171819202122 ... Last