sportsbetter21
    sportsbetter21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Is it me?

So i have gotten into playing poker here last few week or so and trying to play out my tournament winnings. Since im not pro it difficult to find a game and when i do its always heads up.

I realize there is no money at risk here but the fact that i have crapped out 3 times with my tournament winning is starting to become annoying. By no means am I a poker pro, and realize there is variance in all forms of gambling but when you lose your bankroll 4 days in a row by others sucking out every single time starts to become annoying.

Even my opponents cant believe the luck they are having. It became comical when i have jacks and trip up on flop, go all, opponent calls over $100 on an inside straight draw and it miraculously hits.

What gives?

sometimes it just feels better to vent than punch my monitor

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Everybody rolls on weekend nights at Omaha hi/low tables .... best way to try and get a lot of split pots to complete a roll..

you'll catch a poker game here and there but it's random...

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Everybody rolls on weekend nights at Omaha hi/low tables .... best way to try and get a lot of split pots to complete a roll..

you'll catch a poker game here and there but it's random...
    he can't play there. he's a non-pro.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5453

As a non-pro, the points are useless to you so you should not be taking up a spot in the tourneys that keeps a Pro from playing.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    he can't play there. he's a non-pro.
    oh...

Then yea, i can imagine it's a real hard time to try to roll over then.

Now i understand the venting ...

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    As a non-pro, the points are useless to you so you should not be taking up a spot in the tourneys that keeps a Pro from playing.
    ive done that before, some will call it a broke move or whatever ..but i waited until i rolled 3k points before i became pro, that was the incentive ..(to break even) give a hundred to charity and have 3k points ..

now that this guy is stuck out(not being able to roll or play much), & that incentive isn't there in that sense..but i can see it being frustrating not being able to play.

sportsbetter21

Wow
    Uh ok.....
    Didn't realize those FREE tourney spots were so sacred and
    Only for the few and privileged but those tourney spots ARENT free. They cost 6 bet points to join.
    Didn't mean to get your panties in a bind but if this causes you this much anxiety have the moderators change the tourney rules for pros only

Btw I submitted my application to turn pro

BigOrange

Quote Originally Posted by sportsbetter21 View Post
    Wow
    Uh ok.....
    Didn't realize those FREE tourney spots were so sacred and
    Only for the few and privileged but those tourney spots ARENT free. They cost 6 bet points to join.
    Didn't mean to get your panties in a bind but if this causes you this much anxiety have the moderators change the tourney rules for pros only

Btw I submitted my application to turn pro
    The tourneys are free for Pros. The Pros are playing for something in these tournaments. They can actually use the points and there is a tournament series underway that Pros need to play daily to have a chance to qualify for the World Cup.

I personally could care less if you play or not, I was just pointing out that points are useless for non-pros and letting you know that most of these tournaments fill up during a series and you are taking a spot that a Pro might need. Once other non-pros have learned this, many of them have elected not to enter tournaments that fill up.

I'm glad to see you are turning Pro and welcome to the Poker room. There's no problem finding a game to rollover your points as a Pro. There's the O8 game on weekends for the old ladies and nits and there's Holdem games about every night of the week.

sportsbetter21

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    ive done that before, some will call it a broke move or whatever ..but i waited until i rolled 3k points before i became pro, that was the incentive ..(to break even) give a hundred to charity and have 3k points ..

now that this guy is stuck out(not being able to roll or play much), & that incentive isn't there in that sense..but i can see it being frustrating not being able to play.
    I didn't realize I've broken some unstated rule but I have a hard time believing the guy I dumped 200 points too today is going to return those bet bet points, just because I theorically didn't "deserve" them

BigOrange

I didn't realize I've broken some unstated rule but I have a hard time believing the guy I dumped 200 points too today is going to return those bet bet points, just because I theorically didn't "deserve" them
    He's not going to return them but there is absolutely nothing he can do with them. I've seen non-pros here that have accumulated 20k points but they are useless and can not be redeemed for anything unless you are a Pro.

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

the guy that you "dumped" your 200 pts to, is also a non-pro, so they are useless to him also. and even if he wanted to return them to you, he can only transfer 2 pts per day.
    good move for you to become pro.

sportsbetter21

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    the guy that you "dumped" your 200 pts to, is also a non-pro, so they are useless to him also. and even if he wanted to return them to you, he can only transfer 2 pts per day.
    good move for you to become pro.
    In theory after application get approved, do I have to roll over tournament winnings?

BigOrange

In theory after application get approved, do I have to roll over tournament winnings?
    Yes Poker points have to be rolled over 3 times and then they become betpoints. The guys that can't play well go to Omaha 8 on weekends and try to roll them over with split pots. The guys that can play will risk them in the Omaha Hi and Holdem games.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Like E.F. Hutton, when the Poker Master speaks, people listen.....

Auto Donk

as sure as that tractor tire innertube in your avatar has a hard-on, "yes", you do have to roll them over.....

as for your bad luck at the SBR poker tables, I didn't have tshirts made for the Bash that said "SBR" on the front, and "Shithole Be Rigged" on the back for nothing.....

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    I didn't have tshirts made for the Bash that said "SBR" on the front, and "Shithole Be Rigged" on the back for nothing.....
    Mail me a shirt prick.

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

So i have gotten into playing poker here last few week or so and trying to play out my tournament winnings. Since im not pro it difficult to find a game and when i do its always heads up.

I realize there is no money at risk here but the fact that i have crapped out 3 times with my tournament winning is starting to become annoying. By no means am I a poker pro, and realize there is variance in all forms of gambling but when you lose your bankroll 4 days in a row by others sucking out every single time starts to become annoying.

Even my opponents cant believe the luck they are having. It became comical when i have jacks and trip up on flop, go all, opponent calls over $100 on an inside straight draw and it miraculously hits.

What gives?

sometimes it just feels better to vent than punch my monitor
    Welcome to SBR, where crazy is normal. Try to make good decisions and hope for the best. Make no mistake about it though, SBR poker enjoys messing with people heads, it's free so we put up with it.

sportsbetter21

Quote Originally Posted by Chili_Powder View Post
    Welcome to SBR, where crazy is normal. Try to make good decisions and hope for the best. Make no mistake about it though, SBR poker enjoys messing with people heads, it's free so we put up with it.
    That's what I figured
    Thought it wierd two days in a row there was AA vs Kk vs QQ in same
    Hand
    I folded kk knowing someone had at least
    One ace. What was even funnier was winning hand was qq followed by pocket 10s then AA. My kings would
    Have come in last place
    Board read Qxx x 10

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5057

My ears were ringing.

I think that means someone was talking about me.

Auto Donk

cool badge, carseller.....

it would be better if it was kingman laying in the road in the center of this:

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

The emergence of Carseller!
    What a day here at Sbr....

sportsbetter21

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    The emergence of Carseller!
    What a day here at Sbr....
    Sounds like the band is getting back together

Auto Donk

BigOrange

Omaha Hi 2/4 Open

Bring at least 50 BB's and play.

sportsbetter21

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kfCjxDTyOIA

sportsbetter21

I swear to penetrating god, play in tourny in 2nd place the entire time, two penetrating bad beats and come in 11th

then i go and try and roll it over and lost it 25 cents at a time by getting outdrawn and rivered every single penetrating time. Nothing to do with guy im playing against, both of us made the right plays but how the penetrate do i lose every single god damn coinflip?

Yeah yeah I know
    Thats poker

thanks for wasting an 1.5 hours of my life i can never get back

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I swear to penetrating god, play in tourny in 2nd place the entire time, two penetrating bad beats and come in 11th

then i go and try and roll it over and lost it 25 cents at a time by getting outdrawn and rivered every single penetrating time. Nothing to do with guy im playing against, both of us made the right plays but how the penetrate do i lose every single god damn coinflip?

Yeah yeah I know
    Thats poker

thanks for wasting an 1.5 hours of my life i can never get back
    your best option to roll would be on the weekends in the Omaha hi/lo games....

as for the bad beats, beats playing solitaire or the women's go to cookie jam at night.. shrugs, it's fun... you'll put some hurtin on someone soon im sure

oh & God loves you, have a good night sportsbetter