Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I probably would have bet the turn to test his strength at that point.

But I'd guess he paired up A Rag at some stage from the final bet.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

So you would donk the turn? Usually I bet river bigger, but I figured he mostly has A bad kicker or 99+ here and I tried to get a call out of it. At 10nl river raises are usually the nuts, and it really doesn't make sense for him to bluff here because the board is so dry and I have a lot of Ax in my range. But then if he had a set he would have bet the turn to get me off my flush draws or at least charge me for them. He would also want to bet his sets on the turn because I easily have Ax here. For that reason I'm thinking river has to be a bluff, but at 10nl almost nobody check raise bluffs river. So maybe he slow played a set or 2pair?

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

I would have made a least a pot sized bet after he checked behind you, you bet less than half the pot

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Fast tables or normal? Cause i played fast tables few months ago when was awesome promo at party network but was huge mistake for me actually. Games are totally different!

Normal tables as played i do not fold unless UTG player have really really nitty stats. What is he representing? A6s(99% players dont raise A6o UTG). As played easy call OTR for me on normal tables your donk might smell like fish trying to steal pot(or small value bet 8x) let me raise my busted FD or TT-KK.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Less than half the pot bet just stinks of weakness, guy prob had you on a busted heart draw. Would not be surprised if he was holding JJ

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I like the way you played it on all streets, though you can definitely consider 3 betting to 10-12x preflop. (A lot of people don't like 3 betting marginal hands from the SB, but I've found it's completely fine to 3 bet hands like AQ, AJ, 88, 77 even with the intention of folding to a 4 bet. You take the lead in the hand.)

He's not really representing anything on the river. You have a pretty strong hand. Call or fold are both fine I guess. Doubt he has a JJ type hand as others are suggesting; if he puts you on busted hearts, he can just call & win instead of raising. Then again, at these stakes, players will raise JJ on the river without even thinking about if it's a bluff or a value bet. Who knows haha

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

folding any hand that might pay off at those whopping, huge stakes is a weak fold.....

i call the whole table's collective chip stacks on a double gutter in a real 2-5 game

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    folding any hand that might pay off at those whopping, huge stakes is a weak fold.....

i call the whole table's collective chip stacks on a double gutter in a real 2-5 game
    dont be a jerkoff

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    dont be a jerkoff
    no need to jerkoff.... I'll let my avvy, as revised, handle the job......

Ballerholic

Yea really the only set he can have here is 66 unless he misplays the hand which obviously could be the case. At higher stakes I would definitely call this bet, but at 10nl 90% of river check/raises are the nuts and I wouldn't put it against him to misplay his hand.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Bet flop. Bet turn. As played you have to call that river raise

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

You were out of position so he couldnt check/raise OTR(i agree c/r OTR are mostly very strong hands micro limits). If you plan to bet fold that hand just rather check/call is my advice.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Not trying to be a dick but every street was pretty weak. Pre is fine I guess but I like raising or folding small blind. Have to bet the flop or raise the flop cbet. That makes betting the turn profitable in this spot and makes the river action easier to figure out.

Like bosco said above, as played you pretty much have to give it a crying call with crossed fingers.

Ballerholic

true slik my bad, I meant river raises are the nuts. Sharp how come you donk or raise his flop bet? Isn't Top pair strong enough to just call here...

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Betting the flop will give you control of the pot and make later street decisions easier. If your against a known LAG who will fire against checks go ahead and check raise but the main idea is you want to dictate how the hand plays out.

Auto Donk

one clue to the dick's weakness (or is it deek....?).... ah, yes, one key to the deek's weakness is his slowing down the action on the turn after you check called the flop.....

against a lag, that often indicates he was testing the waters with, like someone metioned, a 99-kk type hand, to see if you have spiked that ace or not, or perhaps missed the flop and he can steal it with the bet on the flop.... once you called his stab at it, you slowed his action to a crawl.....

the check on the turn gave him renewed hope that you in fact didn't have the ace, or at a minimum had a weak ace, giving him the chance to outplay you on the river with a "huge" bet.....

guy played the hand like PO-69 plays.....

i think it is probable he had a 99-qq type hand given his preflop raise being what it was..... agree with whoever said he didn't raise a6 like that under the gun (tho many fish at that level presumably would) -- not to mention many sbr'ers making such dumbass ace rag raises UTG....

I think you were good.... and again, losing only to ak or a misplayed set -- the only two things that really beat u (highly doubt he was raising 57 or 52 preflop -- i know i raise 57 suited pre under the gun, but that's a whole 'nother story) requires a call in my opinion....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 01-10-17 at 02:16 PM.

Ballerholic

I agree with all that, the only thing is that I check the turn because he is the aggressor in the hand. 95% of the time I'm not going to donk bet and neither are most players so that shouldn't change anything in the hand. The only thing he could possibly smell some weakness from is maybe my under 1/2 pot bet on the river. The more I analyze this hand the more I like a call, again at any limit higher than 10nl I'm calling this for sure.

Auto Donk

well, take solace in doyle brunson's hatred of AQ....

it's cost him more than it's made him.....

the sheer opportunity cost of all of us putting in indepth analysis on this hand, in gnp terms, ie, what we have drained in productive time, is worth 200x the amount at stake in the hand, minimum!!!!

if i'd seen more play by this guy, ie, if he was a def lag, then I say he was sensing weakness and decided to blow you out of hand on river with the lesser hand .... ie, at best he put you on a weak ace and he amps the bet to get you out, knowing if you didn' t hit that ace, you're folding for sure.....

if PO-69 sees this hand and is honest with us, he'll say he'd have played 99-kk just like deek......

he and a few other sbr players will often shoot at pots on the flop knowing the odds are you missed it, particularly when heads up..... rudyruntigger is another..... when they get that call, the almost invariably hit the brakes on the turn, particularly if out of position.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reading all this made my head hurt. Its why I just shove when I get QQ or above. less headache.

Ballerholic

yea maybe enough analysis has gone into the hand lol

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by boscokid View Post
    Bet flop. Bet turn. As played you have to call that river raise
    ya this... there's no way this hand is making it to the river without me making a bet

thank you for posting your hand