USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I was PEAVY-ED and VIG-ED AGAIN!!!

Got to love poker......after seeing AA vs KK dealt 5 hands before I am of course dealt KK and raise 90 (UTG blinds 15/30). Another small reraise then to Jakey who makes it 500. My mind is telling me to drop these god dammed kings but in my heart I'm thinking there's NO FUCKIN WAY AA vs KK can be dealt 5 hands apart. You guessed it, PEAVEY-ED again with the AA. Good old Joe Vig then just about finished me off with his call on my ALL IN AQ vs his J7 off. Yes, he got 2 pair. There's 23 minutes of my life Ill never get back

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Got to love poker......after seeing AA vs KK dealt 5 hands before I am of course dealt KK and raise 90 (UTG blinds 15/30). Another small reraise then to Jakey who makes it 500. My mind is telling me to drop these god dammed kings but in my heart I'm thinking there's NO FUCKIN WAY AA vs KK can be dealt 5 hands apart. You guessed it, PEAVEY-ED again with the AA. Good old Joe Vig then just about finished me off with his call on my ALL IN AQ vs his J7 off. Yes, he got 2 pair. There's 23 minutes of my life Ill never get back
    At some point, all of us are the 5%

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

In todays tourney I saw someone have pocket AA about 5-6 times.
    Meanwhile, I had pocket pairs probably 10-15 times. maybe more.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Latest updates working to perfection

Good job SBR techs!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheTHRILL View Post
    In todays tourney I saw someone have pocket AA about 5-6 times.
    Meanwhile, I had pocket pairs probably 10-15 times. maybe more.
    and only 2nd place??

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    and only 2nd place??
    Well that includes the PP of 66,33, 44, 77 and all of those kinds of hands. Went to heads up with about 17% of the total chips in play.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I've traded poker for DFS and couldn't be happier. I think I miss poker then I see these threads. Nope.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

My A10 lost to AA today, so obviously SBR is having some tech issues.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I've traded poker for DFS and couldn't be happier. I think I miss poker then I see these threads. Nope.
    Ah, yeah... 'till Glenn Burke sucks out on Billy Bean.

... then you'll crawl back to poker for more traditional stuff.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post

... then you'll crawl back to poker for more traditional stuff.
    I'm about to come back and play again Getting everything set up this week and doing some practice sessions to get back into the groove. Going to do both poker & dfs at once...glutton for punishment.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave daneblazer 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I'm about to come back and play again Getting everything set up this week and doing some practice sessions to get back into the groove. Going to do both poker & dfs at once...glutton for punishment.
    How are you doing with the DFS? Are you using models are just eyeball tests and daily research. Just curious as I recently got into a conversation with a guy that was fairly successful with DFS and was using primarily models to substantially narrow down the choices.

As far as SBR poker a few weeks ago I lost 3-4 times in one week with KK being all in all every time before the flop. Obvious RSH or RS (cannot remember which side i was on)

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    How are you doing with the DFS? Are you using models are just eyeball tests and daily research. Just curious as I recently got into a conversation with a guy that was fairly successful with DFS and was using primarily models to substantially narrow down the choices.

As far as SBR poker a few weeks ago I lost 3-4 times in one week with KK being all in all every time before the flop. Obvious RSH or RS (cannot remember which side i was on)
    It's a lot more work than I thought it would be. I use wOBA a lot. Try to catch hitters in the middle of a hot streak and ride them up until they are no longer values. I was spending too much time on it a day, so I decided to pay for a service/model to help me with my picks. I still use things like Vegas odds & wOBA but monitoring the lineups are a pain in the ass. Even if a hitter is in the lineup, if he gets dropped to 7-9 in the lineup, you generally don't want them...particularly at home unless it's at Coors. AL Road teams it's not quite as big of a deal as they are guaranteed that top of the 9th and no pitcher batting behind them. So on a day like today with games all day, I'm watching lineups and weather all day long.

Got a little lucky and almost binked a 20,000 player tournament to start the year. That set me up with enough bankroll to be comfortable and learn the game. Have been doing fairly well the past month.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what is this Dumb Fukkin' Shit (DFS) to which Dane refers? a new designer drug?

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    I've lost the last 4 consecutive AA hands I've had in 2/4 ring to the tune of ~minus 1k (in last week).

It's RS, btw... be this kewl kat:

NOT the long forgotten brother:

Auto Donk

ps... I'm learning that having a pet chimp repeatedly kick me in the nuts while said chimp is coked out of his mind is a lot more fun than taking repeated badbeats over and over and over on SBR......

ak losing streak up to 27 as of yesterday........

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Never been Peavey'ed but I'm still raw from a few viggings I've received

Auto Donk

i've got bad news sharpy, you've taken horrendous beats by me, and I don't beat anybody via bad beat on sbr very often.....

if you're below me on the bad beat totem poll, I, like Clubber Lang, have only one prediction for you: PAIN!!!!!!!

I Still remember your qq losing to my trip sixes, hit runner runner on you, in that one trny..... face it, you're fcked......

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    i've got bad news sharpy, you've taken horrendous beats by me, and I don't beat anybody via bad beat on sbr very often.....

if you're below me on the bad beat totem poll, I, like Clubber Lang, have only one prediction for you: PAIN!!!!!!!

I Still remember your qq losing to my trip sixes, hit runner runner on you, in that one trny..... face it, you're fcked......
    QFT