SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

First interesting hand. What does Stephensen put Jacobson on to make a river call there? I think push is the answer on river but have no problem with folding either, but a call?!?!

Hand #260: Aces for Jacobson Send Him to 86 Million

Posted 35 minutes ago
    thkcduckworth
    Level 40: 600,000-1,200,000, 200,000 ante

Martin Jacobson
    Martin Jacobson opened to 3.6 million and Felix Stephensen called from the big as the flop fell 7h 10c 5s.

Jacobson bet out 4 million and Stephensen called as the Kc landed on the turn.

Jacobson pushed out a stack of chips amounting to a bet of 10 million and Stephensen called as the dealer dropped the Qs on the river to complete the board.

After about two minutes of stoic sitting, Jacobson reached to his stack and bet out 15 million with Stephensen taking not too long to announce a call.

Jacobson immediately flipped over his As Ad as Stephensen rolled over his Ks Jh for a weaker pair to slip to 24 million as Jacobson climbed to 86 million - just a few big blinds shy of the chip lead.

SharpAngles

First mistake from the Dutchman. Would love to know his thought process here because I don't get the river call.

Hand #269: Stephensen Doubles Up

Posted 26 minutes ago
    donpeters

Felix Stephensen's rail goes wild after he doubles up through Jorryt van Hoof
    Jorryt van Hoof had the button and raised to 2.6 million. In the big blind, Felix Stephensen made the call, and the flop came down 3h 4c 9c , and Stephensen checked. Van Hoof also checked.

The 5h was added to the board on the turn, and Stephensen bet 4 million. Van Hoof called, and the river was the Kc. Stephensen moved all in for 17.1 million. After a bit of time in the tank, van Hoof called.

Stephensen showed the 9d 8h for a pair of nines, and van Hoof had the Jc 5s for a pair of fives.Van Hoof's hand was mucked, and Stephensen doubled up.

SharpAngles

The Dutchman might be getting his game back. Misplayed that A2 hand bad but still dragged the pot then made up for it with that super sexy 3 bet with 10 3 off out of the big against Stephensen.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Stephenson really misplayed the bachelor's hand. Good question, what did he call the river for?
    Because there was no shove on the flop, he didn't put his opponent on bullets?
    Tough hand to lose a lot of your stack with.

SharpAngles

The Dutchman lost his edge from last night. Made a couple good reads after doubling Stephensen but lost his mind with this one. Why push pre with that hand against Jacobson unless Antonio was right and he knows that Jacobson was pushing him around light for a couple hands from the big blind. Still a great call by the swede and the speed that he picked him off impressed me.

Jorryt van Hoof Eliminated in 3rd Place ($3,806,402)

Posted 18 minutes ago
    donpeters
    Level 41: 800,000-1,600,000, 200,000 ante

Jorryt van Hoof - 3rd place
    Hand #293:

On the button, Jorryt van Hoof raised to 3.6 million. Martin Jacobson reraised to 9.2 million from the small blind, and play folded back to van Hoof. He took some time before moving all in for 46.2 million, and Jacobson called quickly.

Van Hoof tabled the Ad 5d and was at risk with a dominated hand against the As 10c for Jacobson.

The flop came down 10h 5s 2h , giving both players a pair, but keeping Jacobson in front with the better hand. The theatre went silent before the dealer placed the Qc out on the turn, and that left van Hoof needing a five on the river.

The river completed the board with the Qs, and Jacobson had won the pot. Van Hoof finished in third place, earning $3,806,402, and leaving Jacobson and Stephensen heads up for the title.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

The only time it's reasonable to go all in with Ace high is when only if you have more chips than your opponent because with Ace high you can crack pocket pairs if an Ace shows up on the board.
    Bad move by Hoof who had less chips than his opponent with his Ace high, he should of looked at the flop with his Ace high.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    First interesting hand. What does Stephensen put Jacobson on to make a river call there? I think push is the answer on river but have no problem with folding either, but a call?!?!

Hand #260: Aces for Jacobson Send Him to 86 Million

Posted 35 minutes ago
    thkcduckworth

Martin Jacobson
    Martin Jacobson opened to 3.6 million and Felix Stephensen called from the big as the flop fell 7h 10c 5s.

Jacobson bet out 4 million and Stephensen called as the Kc landed on the turn.

Jacobson pushed out a stack of chips amounting to a bet of 10 million and Stephensen called as the dealer dropped the Qs on the river to complete the board.

After about two minutes of stoic sitting, Jacobson reached to his stack and bet out 15 million with Stephensen taking not too long to announce a call.

Jacobson immediately flipped over his As Ad as Stephensen rolled over his Ks Jh for a weaker pair to slip to 24 million as Jacobson climbed to 86 million - just a few big blinds shy of the chip lead.

On the flop Stephensen was probably just floating then he thought he hit gin with the king on turn.In the end I guess he talked himself into Jacobson bluffing with 4-6 or 8-9 or 6-8 or a5/a7/a10 that he turned into a bluff

SharpAngles

They'd never mention it on ESPN but I wonder if there was any kind of business between these 3? First second and third equals almost 19 million. 6 mega each and play for the last million and the bracelet is what I'd be lobbying for. Van Hoof didn't seem too bothered in the exit interview, could be why.

SharpAngles

Unless he gets coolered Jacobson is taking this down. The guy is a machine and keeps grinding away at Stephenson. The more I think about that A10 call the more I like the guy. Definite soul read of Van Hoof there.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    They'd never mention it on ESPN but I wonder if there was any kind of business between these 3? First second and third equals almost 19 million. 6 mega each and play for the last million and the bracelet is what I'd be lobbying for. Van Hoof didn't seem too bothered in the exit interview, could be why.
    ive wondered the same thing.... would be easy to set up a chop, tho winner still get's 1099'd for the whole first place share.... id want something in writing mainly to show the irs i ddidn't get all ten mill if i won the damn thing....

tax issues even fcked up ability to chop a wsop megasatellite i was in one night, as no one really wanted the 1099 for first place money (a little over 15k).... fortunately, one of the guys said he'd take it as he was "under water" for the year, and thus it didn't matter, as he wasn't gonna get taxed on it anyway.... but yah, I wondered the same shit..... it would definitely take the pressure off those guys.....

SharpAngles

Can't speak for Vegas because I've never chopped a tourney there, but in California the TD will recalculate the prize pool however is decided between the players and draft correct 1099s with everyone's negotiated payout. Even if I had it in writing I wouldn't do business unless I was getting a correct tax paper. Way too much liability to risk on someone else's word.

First ... 3456