Originally posted on 11/21/2014:

If you are a decent capper there is no reason you should not get rich in the long run. Simple math and bank management.

The truth of it is, not many of us do it.

Four months ago I was drinking with a close friend and we were talking about sports and sports betting. I told him that it can be beat but it all comes down to management. I have done well, but I do continually withdraw from both of my online accounts when I should be building to higher and higher limits and that is probably my greatest mistake.

He and I decided to open a Pinny account together. Because of their high limits they are the ideal option. We each threw in $1000 (I tried to get him to throw in $2k each but he is a pessimist).

My role: When I feel great about a game, I text it to him.

His role: He takes the wager and books the action (to win if we have to lay money and to post if +money) for exactly 5% of our roll (we are up to around $450 per wager so starting to get into a better situation every day). The great thing is we can never go bust....playing the percentages we will always have money left in the account, although I truly doubt we ever have a real backslide.

Result: So far in four months we are somewhere around $9k and hitting at over 60% across all sports.

So, do I think people are getting rich out there? Yes. Billionaire rich? No. I am dreaming of the day that we are making $2,000 wagers every day and cashing out when out balance get over $45k to keep it at $40k. To be able to add $5-10k a month in untaxed income would, for me, be life changing.

Is it happening? Duh, of course it is.

Why don't we hear about it?

1. Most gamblers are certain 'types' of people. Poor money management, betting higher than their BR can withstand. Swing happen, you need to protect yourself and gamblers don't get that.

2. The type of people that can be restrained AND be gambling real money......they aren't the type to make it public. I am sure they would much rather sit around, living a wonderful life, and keeping it close to their vests.

GL tonight boys