daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

More I cap Washington/Alabama more I think Washington has a chance

When I saw the matchup I thought "There gonna kill em" like most of the public does. Digging deeper I'm not so sure. This line should be Alabama -10 but won't sniff it because of the Alabama name.

This isn't Michigan state...Washington can pass. I think Alabama is susceptible to the deep ball if Washington can give Browning some time to pass. Minus maybe Ole Miss, Alabama hasn't been challenged like this yet and they are a little banged up at Lb and Db going into the bowl game

the fact that this is the largest line of the bowl season seems silly. There are bigger mismatches...

Pac 12 performs well in BCS/NY6 games and they are on a 19-5 run ats as 4 point dogs

give me Washington +2 tds

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Might get ugly..BOL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Of Course Washington has a chance they have some big time running backs a pretty solid quarterback it's not going to be a blowout and it could go away over the total

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

That Washington D needs to do something to turnover the super freshmen....IDK if they have a playmaker on December. Good group overall, but who's going to step up?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Dane, while I would like to think Washington has a chance, I just don't see it. Washington was mauled by the same team Bama curb stomped. While USC was a different team later on in the season the constant is athletic ability on defense. USC was able to get pressure and Browning, while he had a good year, was dear in the headlights. That front 7 of Alabama is by far the best I have seen in quite awhile. Browning has to win this game because Washington isn't going to be able to run the ball, no one has.
    Peterson is great in these situations but I just think they are in way over their heads here. Everyone kept saying Washington was supposed to be a year away from being in this position, I think we see that play out. As I stated before I think Washington and Colorado took advantage of a down year for the usual monsters of the PAC 12. Washington isn't even the best team in their conference imo.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

UW can pass? Against USC and Colorado, the teams on their schedule closest to Alabama in talent, Browning was 17/36 259 1-2 and 9/24 118 2-0. They're in huge trouble against Alabama.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

already on Wash ML

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Washington has zero chance straight up, Browning lacks mobility and arm strength. I would complete 70% of my passes too if all passes were < 20 yards in the air. Tide should physically manhandle Huskies no problem.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Washington can hang because Petersen has a history of putting together masterpiece gameplans in big bowl games as an underdog. U-Dub is good, but they're not on Bama's level. It would take a perfect game for them to have a chance of winning.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Parlay it with the Rams on TNF!

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

itll be settled on the field.................................. by those in the white/black stripes

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Yes love it already got +17, +16.5, just debating whether to add more. +15 now but might get bet up again closer to game time. ML not worth it imo Saban too good a coach to lose it outright but he don't care if he covers the spread

rizespor

And don't forget that huskies secondary is loaded. Sidney Jones maybe best cb in the country. Now that I yhink about it the under makes a lot of sense too. 55 would be a good number to take under

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3032

I'm definitely looking for a teaser partner to go with Washington. If I can get UW to +20 or +21 at -130 I might pull the trigger.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Ive noticed fsu fans hate Bama. Well what Ive really noticed is that fsu fans hate any team when they, fsu, is not relevant themselves. How dare you think Washington is gonna beat an NFL team. Bama by 80. and thats only if its a downpour, otherwise by 100 or more.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Bama 48
    UW 17

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It all boils down to the KID at QB for Washington. If he's indecisive and not confident.... it's going to be a long day.

If he wakes up... and says hell yeah... I can beat this fukking Bama team.... Washington + points... easy call.

rizespor

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Ive noticed fsu fans hate Bama. Well what Ive really noticed is that fsu fans hate any team when they, fsu, is not relevant themselves. How dare you think Washington is gonna beat an NFL team. Bama by 80. and thats only if its a downpour, otherwise by 100 or more.
    Nfl teams play ball control and clock management with the lead. 30-18 sounds about right

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Petersen has never had to prepare for a game of this magnitude. Everyone remembers the Oklahoma win in the Fiesta Bowl but that was way back in 2006, ancient history now, against an OU team that really did not care. UDub has no chance of winning straight up and little chance of covering unless you can get 24 or more points.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I don't hate Alabama. They are the gold standard of college football. Only one team I really hate...but even that has subsided since Meyer left

playing favorites doesn't win bets. I aim to be neutral.

Sounds like this a kidney game

sell a kidney and load up on bammer

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I don't hate Alabama. They are the gold standard of college football. Only one team I really hate...but even that has subsided since Meyer left

playing favorites doesn't win bets. I aim to be neutral.

Sounds like this a kidney game

sell a kidney and load up on bammer
    Im just messing with ya, I like to joke with Unde some too. Unsure myself how I think the game will go.
    Points Awarded:

daneblazer gave jtoler 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    More I cap Washington/Alabama more I think Washington has a chance

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

To me... Kiffin is the issue. He seems like a c sucker that wouldn't give it his all for Alabama knowing he's leaving the program.

I'm sure Saban is already prepared for this in regards to play calling. You can't trust Kiffin... guy is a punk.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

one important question,

any of washington MLB Victor or DE/LB/Rush End Gaines or Alabama CB Humphries (sp?) playing?

all very key contributors..................... Marlon Humphrey sp? is a projected top 10 nfl draft pick and elite CB. washington gets tons of big passing plays through john ross

can't see washington coming close to beating alabama with 2 of their 3 top front 7 players out.