BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

GayD is weak.

He called Grant a B*th *ss N*ga after he dunked on him.

All of the sudden Durant is this tough guy trash talker after he joins up with a 73 win team. Weak.

His frail ass would cower man to man.

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Let me guess...you're one of those people who want to send college players to the Olympics to make it fair for the other countries. Personally, I enjoy watching the best players getting together and seeing what happens.

Second, outside of Durant, how are they frontrunners? The core have been there their entire careers. Don't be jealous of GS for doing an amazing job drafting, developing their players, and having an environment everybody else wants to play in.
    Yes what he said!!

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    GayD is weak.

He called Grant a B*th *ss N*ga after he dunked on him.

All of the sudden Durant is this tough guy trash talker after he joins up with a 73 win team. Weak.

His frail ass would cower man to man.
    LOL okay....

Nobody reasonable thinks KD is weak. You are just so freaking out of your mind because he left your team. I'm sure you never said anything like that in years past. BUT NOW HE IS WEAK

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3038

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    LOL okay....

Nobody reasonable thinks KD is weak. You are just so freaking out of your mind because he left your team. I'm sure you never said anything like that in years past. BUT NOW HE IS WEAK

I'm not even this salty and I'm a Sonics fan, bring back the Sonics! For someone who hates KD he seems pretty butthurt about him leaving.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

I have to ask, why do you feel this way? Sounds crazy to me. NBA is (somewhat) a free market. KD is a real man with his own life and opinions and preferences. So you think he should be relegated to serve one team? Why? He is not a slave... he wanted to get the fuk out of there and he did. I'm happy for him. He is happy. We all are about to see some really great basketball. GSW just thrashed OKC... that was awesome.
    You just don't like GSW for some strange reason. That is a YOU problem.
    This is straight up bullshit. Durant is making $27 million dollars a year to play basketball and you have the nerve to mention slavery? While I get your general point what is wrong with being relegated to "SERVING" one team? He is an entertainer, he gets paid to entertain in the National Basketball Association. As a result, he is limited in many ways. He cannot move to Cincinnati, Austin, Nashville, etc, etc., because the NBA does not have teams in those markets. Just like a Broadway actor can't perform in Hoboken. He can't say he won't show up for practice or not play on the road just because he doesn't want to. He has to play within the rules which means he is relegated to show up (if you want to call that SERVING).

Lebron's decision was horrible but Durants is much, much worst. This coward was a few minutes away from the NBA championship and he choked like a fukking dog. Durant pissed game 5 away down the stretch with bullshit turnovers and WTF shots. Yes, he had the right to go anywhere BUT to go to the team you just epically failed against is worst than Benedict Arnold. It's borderline psychotic and worse than any bitch move to go to that team. How does anyone do that? It's treacherous, treasonous, back stabbing at the highest level. He has absolutely zero morals to cop out like this. Who does this? I've seen many villains in sports but none as awful as this guy. He must be gay (which I don't have a problem with). I can't fathom any other reason that would compel him to do what he did.

Yes, the current NBA rules allow for free agency BUT I think the NBA is going to take a hard look at this in the future. Maybe a franchise tag. It is very hard for small market teams to keep up with teams that can spend.

Mac4Lyfe

and to add... If I came that close to knocking off the world champions, my mindset would be to get right back there to kick their ass the next time. I would be chomping at the bit to beat these guys the very next year. BUT to actually join them? Even if they were my best friends, hell no, I got to beat this team. I can't join this team. That thought boggles my mind. You know you should have beat them, you were inches away from it. I could see if you got swept but you had this series. How do you go from that to joining them? I can't wrap my head around that???

BigDofBA

Mac gets it.

Durant bailed from the challenge and now he is a tough guy.

Lol

sportsfan9698

BigD and Mac clearly do not understand the concept of free and open markets.

They think a person should be told what they should do. I disagree

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Wait... I read over your list, and now I think we are talking about TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS

I would contend that it is nearly impossible to assemble a group of all stars to create a championship team. I have always been correct in that assertion until the Heat won two rings. I still think it is nearly impossible.

The teams you cite ARE NOT A COLLECTION OF ALL STARS. The Bulls had their well established core from the draft (Jordan and Pippen). YEs they added great players over the years, but none of them were instrumental to the success... just insurance. Same with San Antonio... built from the ground up. That Lakers team you cite never won a damn thing - Same as that particular Boston team... but years earlier they did win.
    That lakers team actually did win in 2010 vs the celts all-stars, But i do see ur point sportsfan. All y'all in this thread seem like good peeps and i would have a beer with u guys and we could debate all day on this stuff.

BigDofBA

No. We get it.

No one is judging him for leaving. It's for going to the Warriors.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

I will add that livingston and iguodala and speights(last year) sitting on the warriors bench, those guys could start on most other teams

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

Durant went to Golden State, the team that beat his former team in the playoffs, get over it people. Yes, the Warriors were stacked before and now even more afterwards. Having said that, you can't fault them for having a 2nd to none class organization who has built through the draft, unlike what Miami did in 2010. I can't think one of player who wouldn't want to play for them. It's on like OKC lost their entire franchise like Seattle and Vancouver did.

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Have you never changed jobs?
    its not the job change
    this guy is acting like hes tough
    he hasnt won a championship and hes tryin to disrespect his teamates from 4 months ago
    talkin shyt abt Kanter and stuff
    i kno hes a great player and showed it but Durant jus comes off as a bigtime punk

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

what did he say about Kanter?

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    He did not say anything about Kanter... KD and Kanter were jawing back and forth during the game as GSW were dominating. People just want to bust KD nuts cuz he is a winner and went to winning team. That is all
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave sportsfan9698 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    hes like how he played 4 minutes and how he only worries about people on the court
    this guys is a fyag
    h3 might b G@y
    who leaves his team to join the superteam that beat them
    he was laughing at currys defense a few months ago
    you have to be a beta male to do that
    can u imagine jordon or kobe doin this

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

KD looks snazzy in a Warriors uniform.

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

Curry, Thompson, and Green (3 out of 4 all stars on the team) were drafted. Call it luck call it great management, this team has earned their way to the last 2 finals. Call them soft but look at where they rank defensively last few years. Durant hopped on the train because he believed in playing with better teammates in a better system. Warriors would of had to pay Harrison Barnes almost as much along with bigger salaries to barbosa, speights and bogut. No brainer to go after Durant.

Mac4Lyfe

No, I do not believe in a total free and open market. You have to instill laws to protect your interest. We allow China to sell any and everything in the US but China does not reciprocate. I don't think it's fair to have the scales titled on one side. Same as for sports. I don't believe in opening up markets so that small market teams with limited budgets can't compete. While I agree with free agency for opening up the money to the players I do not like the arms race for talent where the game has been ruined. I absolutely hate the constant movement in baseball and football. I'm old school where I want to root for a player on 1 team. I don't want to root for Durant in OKC then change jerseys to root for him in GS in the same year. That ruins the game. I think football has taken a big step back with all of this reshuffling. You can no longer follow the players which is sad.

It's not about telling a player what to do, it's about what's best for the game.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    No, I do not believe in a total free and open market. You have to instill laws to protect your interest. We allow China to sell any and everything in the US but China does not reciprocate. I don't think it's fair to have the scales titled on one side. Same as for sports. I don't believe in opening up markets so that small market teams with limited budgets can't compete. While I agree with free agency for opening up the money to the players I do not like the arms race for talent where the game has been ruined. I absolutely hate the constant movement in baseball and football. I'm old school where I want to root for a player on 1 team. I don't want to root for Durant in OKC then change jerseys to root for him in GS in the same year. That ruins the game. I think football has taken a big step back with all of this reshuffling. You can no longer follow the players which is sad.

It's not about telling a player what to do, it's about what's best for the game.
    Mac don't bother with that guy cause he is clueless. He is saying people don't get free and open market while using the NBA. He doesnt know that the NBA and other pro sports franchises operate under rules which are opposite of free markets. Imagine owning a subway franchise and then sharing profits with other franchise owners because you are doing so well or imagine giving up the manager of your business because another franchise owner needs him so his business can pick up (expansion teams).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

The NBA is purely for betting. I lost emotional interest years ago when Stern blocked the CP3 Laker trade. The whole league is filled with soft divas who are more concerned with their brand then playing an 82 game season. Why anyone emotionally invests in these moronic losers is beyond me. NBA is just a marketing machine to sell TV rights, jerseys, and Sprite.

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    The NBA is purely for betting. I lost emotional interest years ago when Stern blocked the CP3 Laker trade. The whole league is filled with soft divas who are more concerned with their brand then playing an 82 game season. Why anyone emotionally invests in these moronic losers is beyond me. NBA is just a marketing machine to sell TV rights, jerseys, and Sprite.

That was a punk move. Never understood what would be the reasoning for that. If they can work it under the cap, there should not be any other obstructions. Then CP3 goes to LAC and they now dominate the town. I'm no Lakers fan, but that was just wrong.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

The beginning of a new school semester means it’s time to open up the syllabus and learn what it’s going to take to succeed in class. Apparently somewhere in that lecture — at least in Tulsa — is to not be “a Kevin Durant.”

One Reddit user shared a handout that his brother received in class, which slanders the Golden State Warriors forward for leaving Oklahoma City to join Golden State, where he won a ring this past summer.

Kevin Durant tweeted:

whoever did this should be fired and thrown in jail.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

He did take the easy way out. He is a coward. It doesn't need to be said, everyone knows it.

First 123