TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Michigan getting juiced heavily at Pinny. Trying to stop the action on them.

Of course they are. Msu has looked like shit. Too much public money on Michigan

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Michigan might win like 40-6.

Have you watched MSU? Have you watched Michigan?

It took a fluke for A good State team to win last year.....this team isn't good. I'm all over Michigan here. GL

They have to cover 23, not win the game. Big difference

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Just took Michigan State +24 at Heritage for 1.5 units.

Might as well.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Michigan State is horrible this year

Michigan is one of the best teams in the country this year

Michigan is going to be very revenge-minded following last year's humiliation

I grabbed Michigan at -21 the second it went live, and am glad I did because it is already at -23.
    Before you go blowing your load on this game you might want to consider a few things. Sure, Michigan has looked great beating up on cupcake city while playing 6 out of 7 of their games at home, the lone road game was Rutgers. Michigan hasn't played one road game against anyone but probably the biggest pile of shit team in the country. True, MSU isn't much this year but it's a rivalry game on the road. You just mentioned the Penn St/OSU game, did you think PSU was going to win outright when they were 20 point dogs? Rivalry games tend to get messy and are unpredictable.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

This one is predictable, Michigan will win and likely by many. State has no excuse for bad play except for being bad.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

strong opinions on all sides

good stuff

MSPORT
    MSPORT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Michigan State will show up.

Horrible line.
    They simply don't have the horses.

Michigan @ Penn St. 49 - 10

Expect that type of score @ the big house against "little brother".

The atmosphere will be crazy and Harbaugh will want to deliver a KO for the fans. He's that type of coach.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by MSPORT View Post

The atmosphere will be crazy and Harbaugh will want to deliver a KO for the fans. He's that type of coach.
    The game will be played at Spartan Stadium, not the big house.

MSPORT

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Before you go blowing your load on this game you might want to consider a few things. Sure, Michigan has looked great beating up on cupcake city while playing 6 out of 7 of their games at home, the lone road game was Rutgers. Michigan hasn't played one road game against anyone but probably the biggest pile of shit team in the country. True, MSU isn't much this year but it's a rivalry game on the road. You just mentioned the Penn St/OSU game, did you think PSU was going to win outright when they were 20 point dogs? Rivalry games tend to get messy and are unpredictable.
    I'd agree with you if this was a prime time night matchup.. but this the typical noon game that will be out of reach early.

I wouldn't call Colorado or Wisconsin cupcakes and they were both away..

I hate Michigan more than anyone on this board as a die hard Notre Dame fan but this team is well oiled and will smother MSU right out of the gate.

MSPORT

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    The game will be played at Spartan Stadium, not the big house.
    My mistake. I think the general theme remains the same though. He's out to make a statement.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Harbaugh will pound little brother into ashes. He loves a moment like this.
    Why didn't he do it last year?

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I'd agree with you if this was a prime time night matchup.. but this the typical noon game that will be out of reach early.

Colorado was in Ann Arbor.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    State has no excuse for bad play except for being bad.
    They've had a ton of injuries, and lost quite a few seniors from a year ago to the NFL.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I wouldn't call Colorado or Wisconsin cupcakes and they were both away.
    Actually, no they weren't.

TheMoneyShot

Harbaugh knew he had to run up the score in the first few college games for "style" points. Now that Michigan is ranked #2 in the Nation... and possibly no chance to catch Alabama... he will play conservative.

Why would he open the game up at Spartans Stadium in an interstate game?

He's not that stupid.

Not saying this game is a LOCK by any means.

I'm just saying he's less likely to run up the score. And if Dantonio loses by 23+ at home... he may not have a job next Monday.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just worth taking the dog small

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It breaks down this way. This is a huge rivalry game for Michigan State, NOT for Michigan. Their rivalry game will com in Columbus this season. Michigan State players will be fired up for this game, and well they should be. It is their last chance to salvage someting out of a terrible season. Michigan State has also covered the last 8 games against Michigan. On the Michigan side, they simply have much better talent than MSU does this season. They also have a big time revenge motive going for them. The line is Michigan -23, and the total is a rather low 54. This game is a pass for me. Too many intangables here for my liking.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Harbaugh is going to score as many points as possible. If it's 55-0 at halftime, he'll want 60 in the 2h.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    It breaks down this way. This is a huge rivalry game for Michigan State, NOT for Michigan. Their rivalry game will com in Columbus this season. Michigan State players will be fired up for this game, and well they should be. It is their last chance to salvage someting out of a terrible season. Michigan State has also covered the last 8 games against Michigan. On the Michigan side, they simply have much better talent than MSU does this season. They also have a big time revenge motive going for them. The line is Michigan -23, and the total is a rather low 54. This game is a pass for me. Too many intangables here for my liking.
    This might be the dumbest post I've ever read.

This isn't a rivalry game for Michigan? After getting completely owned by State year in and year out since like '08, and losing on a fluke miracle last season on their home turf? Bitch, please.

reigle9

All of your pots are the opposite of reality. The PSU game was @ UM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

And if Dantonio loses by 23+ at home... he may not have a job next Monday.
    Dantonio has taken the most dysfunctional college football program in the nation and won 11 or more games in five of the last six years.

He could shoot Sparty the mascot during the game and not lose his job. Typical knee-jerk millennial post.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Dantonio has taken the most dysfunctional college football program in the nation
    You clearly have never met the old PSU BoT. The entire state of PA outside of Pittsburgh owes their life to Bill O'Brien (mike mauti and mike zordich) and James Franklin.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

I hate Michigan more than anyone on this board as a die hard Notre Dame fan but this team is well oiled and will smother MSU right out of the gate.
    They played Colorado at home, only away game has been Whisky and by looking at their pathetic schedule I guess you could call Colorado a tough matchup Out of the top contenders that will be at the top of the playoff conversation Michigan by far has played the easiest schedule to date so let's not pretend This team is a juggernaut. The only team they have played with any kind of defense held them to 14 points. The rest of the teams they have played probably don't have 10 wins combined

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    It breaks down this way. This is a huge rivalry game for Michigan State, NOT for Michigan.
    Yeah I agree with No Coin, you don't think there's any revenge factor at ALL from the last 3 years, and especially how it went down last year? This isn't a random school they're playing....

TPowell

My mistake. I think the general theme remains the same though. He's out to make a statement.

you can't be serious. Don't know where the game is played and you are giving your opinion? LOL

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    They played Colorado at home, only away game has been Whisky and by looking at their pathetic schedule I guess you could call Colorado a tough matchup Out of the top contenders that will be at the top of the playoff conversation Michigan by far has played the easiest schedule to date so let's not pretend This team is a juggernaut. The only team they have played with any kind of defense held them to 14 points. The rest of the teams they have played probably don't have 10 wins combined

Don't forget they knocked Colorado's starting QB out before half. It was a good game in the 1st half IIRC

TPowell

This might be the dumbest post I've ever read.

This isn't a rivalry game for Michigan? After getting completely owned by State year in and year out since like '08, and losing on a fluke miracle last season on their home turf? Bitch, please.
    he's absolutely right. This game isn't Michigan's Super Bowl. These players are looking for a playoff spot and Big 10 title, not winning some home game against MSU, a scrub team this season.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    he's absolutely right. This game isn't Michigan's Super Bowl. These players are looking for a playoff spot and Big 10 title, not winning some home game against MSU, a scrub team this season.
    Yes, Michigan's super bowl will be vs Ohio State... but that game isnt next week. It's November 26. They'll be fired up for this game.

They weren't playing their "Super Bowl" vs Rutgers or Illinois or Penn State (scrub teams) either.... please see the results.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

If your angle is that the Ohio state game is Michigan's "Super Bowl" so they won't care as much this weekend...I love my bet on Michigan.

That's a horrible reason to back a team.

Michigan has revenge on their minds. They'll take it out Saturday. You're crazy if you don't think they'll be pumped to play. They'll beat up State.

Also, Michigan State isn't firing their coach for one bad year. Get real.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Just got beat by maryland
    Yea, grease is spot on.....MD is getting better,but they are still not a good team!!

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

rivalry game at home for state. they are terrible this year but with getting 3+ td's I'm sprinkling a little on them.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    If your angle is that the Ohio state game is Michigan's "Super Bowl" so they won't care as much this weekend...I love my bet on Michigan.

That's a horrible reason to back a team.

Michigan has revenge on their minds. They'll take it out Saturday. You're crazy if you don't think they'll be pumped to play. They'll beat up State.

Also, Michigan State isn't firing their coach for one bad year. Get real.

That is absolutely NOT the reason I like Michigan. This line is off nearly 10 points. Michigan could be as good as Alabama is and it would still be a little inflated. Let that sink in for a minute

TheMoneyShot

Dantonio has taken the most dysfunctional college football program in the nation and won 11 or more games in five of the last six years.

He could shoot Sparty the mascot during the game and not lose his job. Typical knee-jerk millennial post.
    I agree with what you're saying. Yes, he turned the program around.

But, how many coaches turned a program around for the good.... and then started losing consecutive home games like mad? I know a few State supporters who live and die with the football program... and they are already sick and tired of being embarrassed by mediocre programs. In fact.... they are absolutely confused by what's going on. No job is safe.

If Izzo started losing games... he'd be fired too. Or you simply step down.

TPowell

I agree with what you're saying. Yes, he turned the program around.

But, how many coaches turned a program around for the good.... and then started losing consecutive home games like mad? I know a few State supporters who live and die with the football program... and they are already sick and tired of being embarrassed by mediocre programs. In fact.... they are absolutely confused by what's going on. No job is safe.

If Izzo started losing games... he'd be fired too. Or you simply step down.

Look at the injury report. Same with Penn State for a while. Their entire starting LB corps was out. A LB corps on a team that was supposed to be the heart and soul of the team

TheMoneyShot

If Michigan State can somehow keep it close... Harbaugh WILL NOT try and open up the tempo of the game. If he somehow loses this game by an emotional JACKED UP Sparty team... he'll never hear the last of it. Just my opinion... but the game should be closer than the spread indicates.

I may be wrong... but I'm trying to think how Harbaugh would approach this game.

First 1234 Last