jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Goff was very accurate and nice touch in college, probably best he watches for a bit anyways. Best qb's in nfl, rodgers & brady both held a clipboard 1st few years, I'm sure that's no coincidence.
    Brady was barely drafted though and Rodgers had a HOFer in front of him, totally different scenarios. Goff did have good touch in college, few balls Ive seen him throw this year didnt have enough zip on them for this league. He needs to sit and learn a while though.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Will Fuller would go number 1

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

well wentz is no longer a 3rd string...

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Goff is a bust. Wentz remains to be seen. You can have all the talent in the world but to succeed in any pro league you need that will to be the best. Goff is Hollywood. He doesn't have it. First time he got hit in preseason he was already debating his career choices.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    manster, goff is in la. people in la were expecting yuuuge things from him. why give up so much to trade up for him? he's certainly not in winston or mariota level. tampa and tennessee got lucky those two.
    Winston was #28th in QB ratings so he's at the bottom of talent...tampa never got lucky...as they will find out in a few years...just like most teams find out...

Marriotta is not any better either...the more these guys play the worse they will get.

Remember Bradford won ROY.....

k13

Dak will be a bust too...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Winston was #28th in QB ratings so he's at the bottom of talent...tampa never got lucky...as they will find out in a few years...just like most teams find out...

Marriotta is not any better either...the more these guys play the worse they will get.

I don't agree here. Both of those guys will do much better this year.

I remember you saying Peyton was done and he had 3 great years in Denver. Won the Superbowl even with a noodle arm.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

these 2nd year guys will have success.. its slowly but surely coming together especially for winston. hes going to be a stud in due time.

k13

I don't agree here. Both of those guys will do much better this year.

I remember you saying Peyton was done and he had 3 great years in Denver. Won the Superbowl even with a noodle arm.
    Payton had the worst QB rating in the league last year...

You guys said Alex Smith was a complete bust yet he is one of the top QB's in the NFL right now even though he still sucks lol
    I just dont believe in any of these young guys for long term success...even Luck is terrible now.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Wentz has all the tools. Noway to judge him yet

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Payton had the worst QB rating in the league last year...

You guys said Alex Smith was a complete bust yet he is one of the top QB's in the NFL right now even though he still sucks lol
    I just dont believe in any of these young guys for long term success...even Luck is terrible now.
    reread what i wrote, i said 3 great years in denver. yes his 4th year in denver, his arm died but still led the team to win it all...

alex smith sucks man, he had no td passes to a receiver couple years ago. he's a game manager and he's at a right place, that's about it.

luck was injured, i'd have luck over alex smith or any of the young qbs any day.

i'm being premature though, goff or wentz could become a star. i was just surprised they were 3rd stringers to start the season.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The truth of the matter is that unless an injury cuts someone's career short, you will not know for 5 years just how good or bad these two are. If you think that you will know right away, you are a fool.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The truth of the matter is that unless an injury cuts someone's career short, you will not know for 5 years just how good or bad these two are. If you think that you will know right away, you are a fool.
    ummm... no

if you're drafted 1st and 2nd. it's obvious who'll be a bust and who won't within the 1st couple years. you don't need 5 years to determine this, unless you are a fool.

name one qb that was drafted 1 or 2 that performed like shit then all of a sudden in their 5th year they became a star? name one. and don't say alex smith. he ain't a star.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

As I posted in other thread, Wentz has all the tools to be a stud in a few years, but it will probably take that long for him to develop into one especially coming out of Division II.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

P.S., I think that when everyone's careers play out (and barring injury), PAXTON LYNCH will end up being best QB of this draft.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Dak will be a bust too...
    Isn't Dak a brand of ham?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Wentz and Prescott killing it.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

where is goff? did he even get dressed today?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

where is goff? did he even get dressed today?
    He was the backup. When Keenum gets hurt Goff will play.

3565's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

wentz is the real deal

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (AP) — Although Jared Goff still isn't getting the keys to the Los Angeles Rams' offense, the No. 1 draft pick will get to take it for a spin.

Goff will get increased practice time with the first-team offense during the Rams' current bye week and again next week before their game against Carolina, coach Jeff Fisher said Monday.

While Case Keenum will remain Los Angeles' starting quarterback, Goff has a chance to master the details necessary to gain Fisher's approval.

"He's going to get reps," Fisher said of Goff. "I don't feel like Case needs the reps Wednesday and early next week, so Jared will get those reps, which is good."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nfl-topstories

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Way too early to tell but I never thought either of these guys was anything special

Would have taken a shot on Dak in the middle rounds just because he tore up some SEC defenses and had a great career

Paxton Lynch might be good with Denver too
    Dak Dak Dak

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

All season, NFL fans have been wondering why the Los Angeles Rams don't make a change at quarterback. That change may finally be coming soon. Per a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter, No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff may get the chance to start for the Rams as soon as next week.

Los Angeles Rams rookie quarterback Jared Goff could start his first NFL game as early as next Sunday at home against the Miami Dolphins, league sources told ESPN.

If Case Keenum struggles today against the New York Jets, the Rams will consider going to Goff as early as next week, which would create an ideal circumstance.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/no...-as-next-week/

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley has faith in quarterback Jared Goff. The Rams up-and-comer recently appeared on SiriusXM NFL Radio to talk about the team, in which he had this to say about the soon-to-be second-year quarterback.

“He didn’t go number one for no reason. He has the talent, and he’s just been getting better.”

The No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft started for the first time atop the highest level in Week 11 of the 2016-17 regular season. He finished with a less-than-impressive 1,089 yards and seven interceptions over as many games, leaving Rams fans scratching their heads as to why the organization would mortgage the future on an unprepared signal caller.

He came from an air-raid scheme at Cal and had to adjust to the ins and outs of being a quarterback under center in the NFL. Last year was a learning curve, but the Rams leader is making strides under new head coach Sean McVay, the 30-year-old who was hired in January.

However, there is also some potential help on the way.

The Rams addressed the skill positions during the recent draft when they picked up tight end Gerald Everett and wide receivers Cooper Kupp and Josh Reynolds. The offense could use as many pieces as possible in hopes of finding something that works, especially after struggling to score in 2016 — the Rams were last in the league with 14 points per game on 262.7 total yards. The club finished the year 4-12.

“It can’t get any worse than it did last year,” said Gurley.

With a new face at the helm in McVay, and Goff’s rookie season now officially behind him, perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel in Los Angeles.

“I hope so,” Gurley added upon being asked whether or not he expects the team’s offense to be more “Gurley-friendly” in 2017-18. “Yeah, Coach. Tell Coach we want it Todd-friendly.”

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Matthew Stafford was more or less a bust for his first fur years and now is one of the best QB's in the game. Matt Ryan did not exactly light the league on fire during his first 4 years.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Always liked Stafford.

I don't watch NFL, though.

Darnold is safe.

First 12