docwatson
    docwatson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Doc's Horse Racing Index for Sunday August 28th:

First the Total's:

Over 54 Races through seven days posted at SBR. Winning tickets in 32 (59.2%) of them.

Exacta $2,640 In $4,088.30 Out +$1448.40 Profit ROI = +54.9%

Trifecta $5,058 In $10,070.82 Out +$5,012.82 Profit ROI = +99.1%

Make no mistake there are ebbs and flows to horse racing. Whether its a track bias that isn't accounted for, or its just a day that the favorites seem to get us right at the wire on every race to cut into the profits. It's important to not wager more than 4% (3% if you can) of your bank on each race.

If you scroll to row 770 you'll see that my top 5 (Column "F") win at a 66.9% clip with place horse getting there 67% of the time. This hit rate is why I structure tickets the way I do. I have no fear of gamblers ruin, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Good record keeping over the years has helped me weather the losing streaks, and point out weak and strong points in my handicapping. As you can see I keep track of all my races, and it's all right there for all to see.

On to Sunday 8/28/2016:

I have just two races that meet my criteria. One at Monmouth and the other is at Del Mar.

NOTE: Don't bet too early as I will drop a race from the list if the right scratches are made, or if the track conditions change.

At the bottom of the sheet I have wagering bundles, and instruction tabs (3 tabs total). I've tried to come up with the best way to structure tickets for all budgets. I encourage everyone to read this as it explains how the Index works, and the bettor can get the best use out of it.

Play within your means.

URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1929474103

May The Winners Be Yours!!!!

Doc
    Last edited by docwatson; 08-28-16 at 11:45 AM.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

thanks doc ill be on both of em...slight loss in first one looking for a big closer

docwatson
    docwatson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Quote Originally Posted by BetweenHerCheeks View Post
    thanks doc ill be on both of em...slight loss in first one looking for a big closer
    Yeah I guess we lost around $38 bucks on the Chalk feast in the 8th at Monmouth. Hopefully the 9th at Del Mar makes up the difference and then some.

Doc

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

low action today...good day to lose....looking forward to friday?

Thanks