Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Favorite All Time Announcing Teams In Big 3 of Sports

Football: Pat Summerall/John Madden

You knew what the big game in the NFC was going to be each Sunday because that was the game these two were assigned to. They did it when the NFC was on CBS, and when Fox took over, they knew it was good business to keep those two together.

Basketball: Dick Stockton/Tommy Heinson

God, I loved Dick Stockton. I'll still hear him on a broadcast nowadays from time to time, and I feel like I've gone back 30 years. The guy could keep you interested in the eb and flow of the game, no matter how fast or slow the pace was. Heinson had that electricity that went with Stockton's down to earth tone. I cringe hearing Heinson nowadays on Celtic broadcasts. He kind of sounds bipolar now, but I still cherish the 80's Heinson.

Baseball:: Tony Kubek/Joe Garagiola

Vin Scully will always be the best overall, but I always looked forward to the Saturday Game of the Week when these two were announcing. Damn, Joe loved the game! It was like listening to a fan in the broadcast booth. Tony was always smooth, and well prepared. Harry Carey and Steve Stone were a close second.

Studio Host: Brent Musburger

Before there was Berman/Jackson, there was Musburger/Cross. NFL Today was always the #1 pregame program. A lot of kids wanted to be their favorite sports star. I wanted to be Brent Musburger. Whether it was the intro music, Jimmy the Greek, or Brent just using his line, "You are looking live at...", I never missed a show. Damn, I wish I'd chased my dream of being a broadcaster.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Kubek/iola

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

KLC....Not necessarily my top choices but I like the nostalgia.
    Great memories of all of those listed.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Scully

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Great list! Stockton was great. Worrell and Murphy is my favorite hometown duo.

ki dice
    ki dice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8644

Bob costas,dick enberg 90s NBA playoffs,Frank Gifford Monday night football breathtaking intro.baseball Joe buck his dad jack buck was great in the 90s

ki dice
    ki dice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8644

I think sports overall in general best in 80s and 90s.much much better than today

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Quote Originally Posted by ki dice View Post
    I think sports overall in general best in 80s and 90s.much much better than today
    Not sure why but I feel the same way. Guys back then were unique......lots of personality.....doesn't seem like that anymore.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Watching Stockton and Heinson on NBA Network now. Playing Jordan's 63 point playoff game. Memories! Forgot Stan Albeck was Jordan's coach before Doug Collins.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

basketball /dick enberg-al mcguire
    football/dandy don merridith-howard cosell- frank gifford
    baseball/jon miller -joe morgan on tv on radio joe nuxhall with either marty brennaman or al michaels

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

physioc / hudler