will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

LaMarcus Aldridge OUT due to MIGRAINE?-LMAO!!!

Aldridge has been killing it lately and this announcement comes very late in the day. It's a bunch of BS. Do migraines hurt? OF COURSE. That said, you give it a go.

God's honest truth, migraines usually start with sinus pressure. Don't tell me that the Spurs can't find a little Ocean Saline nose spray and 3 ibuprofen...... When the heat is on where I live, I get that same pain. The nose spray and the ibuprofen are the answer. People limit ibuprofen to 2. BS. There have been time where I've taken 4 or 5.

Point being, he's getting paid a ton of money and this is Gregg Popovich's way of resting a star. Such a joke (I can't believe migraine is listed as the injury). There are guys that vomit and play

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

How many migraines have Cal Ripken Jr. gotten in a 162 game schedule??????? ----I hate bullshit excuses. They should just list it as "rest". Any opinions?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I take it you've never had a migraine

Migraines are not the same as a severe headache, they're debilitating. They are accompanied by severe nausea/vomiting, blurred vision, loss of vision, light-headedness, etc.....

Most migraines do NOT start with sinus pressure, that would be headaches. Migraines have a trigger and they're very different with each person.

I think you've confused the two, but they are significantly different, one being an every day ordeal, the other being physically limiting

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

silly to compare it to baseball when you're sitting in the dugout half the game and covering 10 feet of ground the other half

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Sounds like someone never had a migraine.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rest

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

some people's migraines are so severe they can't even move

didn't Percy Harvin used to get really really bad ones

miss alot of games

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

The guy who whined like a bitch that nobody was paying attention to him last baseball season is calling out someone for missing a game due to a migraine.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I went on a mission during the war when I was sick...only reason was I knew the place we were going the dude was a supplier for the local markets and so as we hit the place me and my team secured the objective....then scored some candy and goodies to snack on

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    How many migraines have Cal Ripken Jr. gotten in a 162 game schedule??????? ----I hate bullshit excuses. They should just list it as "rest". Any opinions?
    You can play baseball drunk. That's how easy is it is. You just have to make sure you can stand.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Wow. Joe?? WTF?

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I don't understand this thread. Didn't Popovic get fined in the past for resting players? So now he makes up a bs injury as a fuk you to the league. He's preserving guys for the playoffs like he always has. Nothing to see here.

chokocup
    chokocup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1460

No worries, its sucklemento they are playing, dominating as always

BigBallzz69
    BigBallzz69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3506

Will2survive, l'm in you're penetrating out. Hope you trolled with post.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

its pops way of resting players. nothing else
    Points Awarded:

will2survive gave INVEGA MAN 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    silly to compare it to baseball when you're sitting in the dugout half the game and covering 10 feet of ground the other half
    Cal Ripken Jr. played almost every single day for years. NBA has a lighter schedule. Sports are sports and what the athlete is specialized to do.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Sounds like someone never had a migraine.
    Are you fukking kidding me? I've had multiple surgeries and almost died. I'm on disability and suffer every day of my life while taking care of my son and trying to make his life the best that it can be. He also has no grandparents. This means that I've dealt with multiple premature deaths of loved ones.

There's time where my kid was a baby ( he's 2 and I'm 44) and it's my job to keep him occupied all day long ( with love) and I would vomit in the sink due to a digestive problem that I had, my head would be pounding, and I still was dad. Aldridge is not to blame. It's Popovich and his bullshit excuses. People pay good money to see LaMarcus. Trust me; I know what it's like to be tortured by circumstances and poor health. you're way off!.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Wow. Joe?? WTF?
    I really think it's lame. This guy in the prime of his life. If Pop is going to sit him; put "rest" "personal reasons"

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Will

It's probably Pop being Pop

We didn't slaughter Duncan for being too old when Pops sat him for "being old"

Lets give Aldridge a pass here, likely Pops decision and he had no say

BUT.......

In the even it was a migraine, that's a legitimate excuse. Unless you know Ripken Jr, there's no reason to think he ever suffered from a migraine. Not many people suffer from TRUE migraines, most people get bad headaches and call them migraines. Migraines fukk with your vision. No reason Aldridge should be out there playing a sport while vomiting and seeing the court side ways

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Are you fukking kidding me? I've had multiple surgeries and almost died. I'm on disability and suffer every day of my life while taking care of my son and trying to make his life the best that it can be. He also has no grandparents. This means that I've dealt with multiple premature deaths of loved ones.

There's time where my kid was a baby ( he's 2 and I'm 44) and it's my job to keep him occupied all day long ( with love) and I would vomit in the sink due to a digestive problem that I had, my head would be pounding, and I still was dad. Aldridge is not to blame. It's Popovich and his bullshit excuses. People pay good money to see LaMarcus. Trust me; I know what it's like to be tortured by circumstances and poor health. you're way off!.
    Ok bro was just saying. I can understand someone sitting out though because of a migraine if it was true.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

The thing about basketball is.....you will not be that effective if you have a severe migraine. If it's severe then the sheer pace of an nba game will make you really dizzy. NBA is the most intense sport in the world bar none. Try to run 5 minutes in an NBA game up and down full court, the pace they play....

When you have a migraine your blood vessels expand in your head. When you work out, your blood vessels also dilate and there is more nitric oxide running through your system. Bad bad combination for later.

Not to mention....the lights. The lights in an NBA area are pretty bright and you'll need to wear some special goggles if you want to grind through it. Don't expect your jumper to be falling consistently either, you'll have some perception issues if it's a severe migraine, you're gonna have to find a way to score in the paint mainly.

I played one time with a migraine and I threw up after and slept for like 14 hours in pure darkness after. My head was raging before I got to bed.

Migraines can also be caused by a lot of tension in your neck so playing thorugh it could actually pinch on that nerve more.

I'd rather play through 2 broken fingers or a sprained ankle than a migraine.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

I guess the real question becomes why do you care so much about an nba player missing a meaningless regular season game?

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Kind of a stupid thread...Aldridge wasnt even on the bench, yet Green and Duncan both were and also were both listed as out (rest) as the reasoning. You dont have to make up injuries or reasons to rest guys in the NBA. Only reason Pop got fined couple years ago was it was a national tv game and sponsers threw a fit. It isnt totally far fetched to believe the guy was really suffering from migraines.