toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37378

Stock O' the Day

Seeing as I'm quite terrible at picking sports winners...I got into the next best thing, investing. Pretty similar to betting when it comes to fixing, flopping, etc. Anyhow, been at it for close to 7 years now and always interested in any gems one may have. I usually focus on 1-3 stocks for a given day and if the set up is right, will buy in between 9:30-10:30am EST, and will usually hold for anywhere from 1 day to 1 month. For what it's worth, my 2 for tomorrow are:

DSCI
    WILN

Cheers!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by toddsclowns View Post
    Seeing as I'm quite terrible at picking sports winners...I got into the next best thing, investing. Pretty similar to betting when it comes to fixing, flopping, etc. Anyhow, been at it for close to 7 years now and always interested in any gems one may have. I usually focus on 1-3 stocks for a given day and if the set up is right, will buy in between 9:30-10:30am EST, and will usually hold for anywhere from 1 day to 1 month. For what it's worth, my 2 for tomorrow are:

DSCI
    WILN

Cheers!
    Why in the flying penetrate would you wait over two fukking years to post something like this in PT?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: toddsclowns

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37378

Great question - well I'm out of investors, so my Ponzi sheme is about to dry up. Praying that my remaining clients will accept BetPoints as payment

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Jmon not messing around tonight.

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Just bought a mutual fund the other day. I am not a big money guy by any means but when I see the market dropping I move some saving into stock or mutuals. I'll listen to guys like Kramer to try to get a feel for why the market is dropping.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

According to this study cited by Seeking Alpha, institutional traders routinely fade Jim Cramer’s recommendations. In fact, they found that the short interest in Cramer’s picks tended to spike on his recommendations. Their conclusion:
    “Taken together, our results suggest that the aggregate losers in our event study are the Mad Money viewers who decide to buy the recommended securities when the markets open the following day, and that the winners are the market makers and arbitraguers [sic] who sell the overpriced recommended stocks on day 1, as well as the traders who sell the recommended stocks on days 2 through 12. “

http://www.algodude.com/fading-cramer/

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Wow

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    According to this study cited by Seeking Alpha, institutional traders routinely fade Jim Cramer’s recommendations. In fact, they found that the short interest in Cramer’s picks tended to spike on his recommendations. Their conclusion:
    “Taken together, our results suggest that the aggregate losers in our event study are the Mad Money viewers who decide to buy the recommended securities when the markets open the following day, and that the winners are the market makers and arbitraguers [sic] who sell the overpriced recommended stocks on day 1, as well as the traders who sell the recommended stocks on days 2 through 12. “

http://www.algodude.com/fading-cramer/
    Agree with this. I won't buy just because of Kramer. I watch business news and try to get a consensus of when the market is depressed and underpriced.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10365

I prefer investing in something a little more predictable, like Dwight Howard # made free throws game props. Less volatile