Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Nadal -130 to Beat Wawrinka This Morning

Nadal really has looked pretty poor this tournament for Nadal standards but now with the finals in sight I don't see him slipping up here. Wawrinka has had his number the past couple times but Nadal was banged up. Wawrinka just played a 3 hour match against Cilic and came into this tournament a little banged up himself. Short turn around here. Nadal just needs to hold serve and play well from the baseline and make Stan run early and often and he will wear him down. Mentally I think Nadal will be more focused today than Wawrinka and overall it just seems like he wants this more. If both guys are on their A game, Nadal will smoke him it won't even be close. We haven't seen that Nadal yet but I feel like this could be the match when Nadal reasserts his dominance over a top 5 player and breaks out of his shell.
    Points Awarded:

Miavia gave Goat Milk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts gave Goat Milk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Good luck Goater...I hate betting these small tournaments because these big names don't give a flying fukk and don't usually bring their A game, but hope that's not the case here.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Wawrinka straight sets

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Good luck Goater...I hate betting these small tournaments because these big names don't give a flying fukk and don't usually bring their A game, but hope that's not the case here.
    Thanks bud.

It's a masters 1000. One of the biggest tournaments of the year outside of the 4 majors.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Wawrinka straight sets
    You're probably just looking for a nice dog price and that stood out to you. no analysis for it whatsoever.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    You're probably just looking for a nice dog price and that stood out to you. no analysis for it whatsoever.
    Your analysis is the horrid one.
    Saying a 3 hour match has any effect on Stan is laughable.
    You said Stan has owned him.
    You contradict yourself in it saying Nadal has been shitty but is due lol.
    Wawrinka should be favored here, but Nadal gets bet every match no matter who he plays.
    Nadal is done buddy, has been for a while. And he's one of my favorite athletes ever.
    The value and play is Wawrinka here, win or lose.

Goat Milk

Your analysis is the horrid one.
    Saying a 3 hour match has any effect on Stan is laughable.
    You said Stan has owned him.
    You contradict yourself in it saying Nadal has been shitty but is due lol.
    Wawrinka should be favored here, but Nadal gets bet every match no matter who he plays.
    Nadal is done buddy, has been for a while. And he's one of my favorite athletes ever.
    The value and play is Wawrinka here, win or lose.
    1. A 3 hour match with less than a 24 hour turnaround has an affect, of course, especially when you went into this tournament banged up....
    2. Stan hasn't owned Nadal. He beat him twice. Nadal owns Wawrinka. For 12 straight matches, Wawrinka never even took 1 SET off Nadal. Not once. He beat him the last two times, one of those times when Nadal was injured. So He has 1 meaningful win against Nadal out of 13. Who owns who?
    3. I said Nadal has been a B version of himself. Not shitty. Not great. He's getting a rhythm.
    4. If Nadal was done, he would have already lost against Raonic last round. He wouldn't even have been able to beat Karlovic, who is playing the best tennis of his career. Those are two guys with arguably the best serves on tour and Nadal beat them.
    5. I agree there is value on Wawrinka, if he was fresh for this match. Nadal will wear him down physically and mentally imo.

That's just my opinion, so you can go with yours. Btw, Rafa is not done. Not even close. He is still the 3rd best player in the world right now. He had a rough year. It happens when you deal with injuries. He'll be fresh and ready to go next year.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 10-16-15 at 12:38 AM. Reason: 3rd best player

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

That's just my opinion, so you can go with yours. Btw, Rafa is not done. Not even close. He is still the best player in the world right now. He had a rough year. It happens when you deal with injuries. He'll be fresh and ready to go next year.
    I Wish that were true but even he knows he isn't even close anymore. I almost feel bad for him the way he talks now.
    If he feels the way he's been talking to the media the past 6 months, he should retire and go enjoy life after tennis, because he honestly doesn't think he can ever win a major again.
    I just think he should do another roid cycle and give it one more hard shot next year.
    The tennis world is dying for anyone to give Novak some competition, and it surely isnt going to be that homo Murray.

Goat Milk

I Wish that were true but even he knows he isn't even close anymore. I almost feel bad for him the way he talks now.
    If he feels the way he's been talking to the media the past 6 months, he should retire and go enjoy life after tennis, because he honestly doesn't think he can ever win a major again.
    I just think he should do another roid cycle and give it one more hard shot next year.
    The tennis world is dying for anyone to give Novak some competition, and it surely isnt going to be that homo Murray.
    Meant to say 3rd best player. I still really believe that.

Nadal has always been a guy that has lacked confidence. Even when he was winning majors. He thrives more on self-doubt than self-confidence. Trust me.

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Not sure if trolling

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

I think if anything, Nadal would want this match more cause he wants to play well going into the tour finals and try to move up a couple of spots in the rankings for next season. He knows he needs to be in the top 3 to have a shot at winning more majors. Wawa seems like he doesn't really care. He knows he had a good run and nobody expected anything more than marginal success from him and he's achieved that with the major wins the past two seasons. He'll never be a #1 or in the GOAT discussion so what does he care if he wins a masters 1000 or not? Wawa is pretty much locked into his current position also so nothing really to gain for him here.

Miavia
    Just Bring it...
    Miavia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Thanks GOAT for the pick..Ive been switching back and forth with this pick but you made the most sense...Lets go Nadal...

Miavia
    Just Bring it...
    Miavia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Maybe I'm a pussie but I hedge a small amount for Stan at +993.....Ive been burnt this week not hedging so a little piece of mind..Just 2 units on this match...Nadal is cruising...

BennyBigNuts

Good call
    Stan tanked hard.
    Best match I've seen Nadal play in a while but then again Stan didn't try much. Took one off, uninterested.

Goat Milk

thanks.

yeah, wawrinka was banged up, fatigued mentally too. once he saw what he was up against in nadal -- who was ferocious right from the getgo -- he folded up shop like a little bitch. nadal owns his soul as usual. pretty sure that's like 27 sets to like 5 or 6 for nadal for their careers.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16711

Goatter on fire

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nadal seems to be playing much better

He is no Joker but quickly getting back to top 3