lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

royals acting normal

Been there. Done that. Blue jays watch. Actually jays players are all drunk and passed out.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Why do you hate your hometown?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

Because people here act like idiots win they w nothing. Winning the div series I nothing. Jays need 8 more wins.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Because people here act like idiots win they w nothing. Winning the div series I nothing. Jays need 8 more wins.
    This happens in every city.

You're going to need a better answer.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

The Jays haven't been to the ALCS in forever, man.

lakerboy

This happens in every city.

You're going to need a better answer.
    Giant fukk off. It did not happen in kc or chitown

The Giant

Giant fukk off. It did not happen in kc or chitown
    It's happening everywhere. Fukk you, motherfukker.

When the Dodgers win tomorrow, you better believe I'll be out looting.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

It's great to see people overjoyed and excited if your a fan of this team enjoy whatever ride you get because there are plenty of fans who never get that joy

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Go DOYARES

lakerboy

I didn't know you were one of them. Have fun cimp.

The Giant

I didn't know you were one of them. Have fun cimp.
    Daddy needs a new TV.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Because his hometown hates him.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Because his hometown hates him.

Boeing aren't you ashamed to live here? The jays and their fan are all losers. Toronto is a loser sports city.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Been there. Done that.
    Been there, done that, calm, cool, collected, and yet you still bet the Astros in an elimination game on the road against the most clutch team of the past 10 years outside of the cardinals.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Aren't you an Angels fan? Shame on you

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Been there, done that, calm, cool, collected, and yet you still bet the Astros in an elimination game on the road against the most clutch team of the past 10 years outside of the cardinals.
    The past 10 years? Wtf is wrong with you? They have made the playoffs 2 times in 10 years. Clutch? Really they lost game 7 at home in the WS last year.

Goat Milk

The past 10 years? Wtf is wrong with you? They have made the playoffs 2 times in 10 years. Clutch? Really they lost game 7 at home in the WS last year.
    Wild card against Oakland....don't remember the score but they were down huge with like 3 innings left. On the road to the WS, they were on the verge of elimination countless times, and always won. the one time out of like 7 or 8 elimination games they lost was to bumgarner game 7. and we all know they should have won that game. Cut to this year, down 6-2 to the astros in the 8th inning in an elimination game and they win 9-6. down 2-0 today, no panic.

What does previous royals teams of past 7 or 8 years have anything to do with this team/roster? Nothing. I didn't say they are consistently the most clutch team I said I'd put them against any team of past 10 years except the cards....

Goat Milk

Royals are a bunch of white players with high baseball iqs. That's why the cards win. Because they pick up white guys with the occasional mexican/black here and there. That's why Pirates won't win. Too many blacks. Astros? Too many Mexicans. My Tigers? Too many Mexicans too. Giants? Mostly white guys with just some mexicans sprinkled in.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Aren't you an Angels fan? Shame on you
    I'm allowed to mingle, pal. There's no ring on my finger.

I'm trying to get tickets for the game, no luck so far.

Seto

You guys in the US have no concept of local rivalries. Nobody who supports any team in London would be caught dead celebrating if any other London team won something.

That said your sports are typically much metter to watch so yeah. And in a way it helps that I don't feel bad buying NBA jerseys from other teams as souvenirs when I come accross the pond to see a few games since there are no rivalries. I'd never ever support another team though. To me loyalty is everything in life.

Enjoy the game if you get there. Surprised it's hard to get tickets. I got tickets to multiple NBA finals games easily. Maybe baseball is more popular.

Goat Milk

You guys in the US have no concept of local rivalries. Nobody who supports any team in London would be caught dead celebrating if any other London team won something.

That said your sports are typically much metter to watch so yeah. And in a way it helps that I don't feel bad buying NBA jerseys from other teams as souvenirs when I come accross the pond to see a few games since there are no rivalries. I'd never ever support another team though. To me loyalty is everything in life.

Enjoy the game if you get there. Surprised it's hard to get tickets. I got tickets to multiple NBA finals games easily. Maybe baseball is more popular.
    I can't speak for other cities because I've lived in Detroit my whole life. But most fans here for example hate Chicago teams with a passion. I give props to them when they win, but I don't root for them unless I have a wager on them. Bulls, Blackhawks, Bears, Cubs....us Detroiters despise those teams and anyone that roots for them. But we are probably one of the more hardcore sports cities in America. I think that us Chicago and Boston are the three top sports cities in the country for all 4 sports. I'm sure that it's different in England with soccer. It's hardcore over there between clubs. There's a lot of gangs and stuff that rep teams

The Giant

You've been to the states?

I'm not very loyal to any teams anymore. The older you get, the more ridiculous you realize it is rooting for these multimillionaires playing a kid's sport.

If I were to go, it would be for the experience more than anything.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been there. Done that. Blue jays watch. Actually jays players are all drunk and passed out.
    Yup - they practically just walked off the field

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Toronto jerk off City

I have said it many times

Although will be tough to knock out

Shootouts coming every game

Seto

I can't speak for other cities because I've lived in Detroit my whole life. But most fans here for example hate Chicago teams with a passion. I give props to them when they win, but I don't root for them unless I have a wager on them. Bulls, Blackhawks, Bears, Cubs....us Detroiters despise those teams and anyone that roots for them. But we are probably one of the more hardcore sports cities in America. I think that us Chicago and Boston are the three top sports cities in the country for all 4 sports. I'm sure that it's different in England with soccer. It's hardcore over there between clubs. There's a lot of gangs and stuff that rep teams
    Good to know. Guess it depends on cities.

There's no real violence or hooliganism anymore (outside of a few gangs as you say, but they have mostly disappeared and it's very safe to go to games these days) but no question every team has several rivals they hate with a passion.

One thing that helps develop rivalries is that away fans travel to games. No such real thing as an away section in a stadium in US sports. Obviously it's also much harder to travel to games given the difference in size between countries.

Seto

I'm not very loyal to any teams anymore. The older you get, the more ridiculous you realize it is rooting for these multimillionaires playing a kid's sport.

Many times. Have a lot of friends and family who live/go to college there, and obviously there's the added attraction of attending games since I've been following US sports the last 5 years or so. I try to go once a year.

Maybe I'll change when I get older. I doubt it though.

Goat Milk

Good to know. Guess it depends on cities.

There's no real violence or hooliganism anymore (outside of a few gangs as you say, but they have mostly disappeared and it's very safe to go to games these days) but no question every team has several rivals they hate with a passion.

One thing that helps develop rivalries is that away fans travel to games. No such real thing as an away section in a stadium in US sports. Obviously it's also much harder to travel to games given the difference in size between countries.
    Yeah, it's way too difficult to travel like 2 or 3 thousand miles to an away game. There are people that do it though. Steelers are very good when it comes to that. Their fans travel real well. If there's a game in chicago or ohio or something like that though I try to make some trips out there. 4 hour car ride to chitown. 3 hours to somewhere like cinci.

If blackhawks played the wings in the playoffs you would see a ton of wings fans in the stands for sure.

Seto

Yeah, it's way too difficult to travel like 2 or 3 thousand miles to an away game. There are people that do it though. Steelers are very good when it comes to that. Their fans travel real well. If there's a game in chicago or ohio or something like that though I try to make some trips out there. 4 hour car ride to chitown. 3 hours to somewhere like cinci.

If blackhawks played the wings in the playoffs you would see a ton of wings fans in the stands for sure.
    Yeah shortest away trips are typically 3-4 hours drives it's crazy. Even within the same state. I stayed with a friend in Austin last year and we drove to a few NBA games and it was like 3 hours to get to Dallas for instance.

Going to away soccer games is a different kind of atmosphere though. It's a really fun experience. Actually I find in most games the away fans make most of the noise lol.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

I can help. Message me payment info. Easy

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Daddy needs a new TV.
    Meh... you've always struck me as more the Toilet Paper kinda looter

But, whatever... moot point anyway as Mets win.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Seto---I would say most big rivalries are within division, not necessarily the same city or area

As a Jets fan for example I hate Miami, Buffalo, and New England but close teams like Philly and the Giants arent really rivals because they play in the NFC....More just trash talk amongst fans but it's not a real rivalry

Also a Yankee fan and I'll be rooting for the Mets tomorrow....but wanted to see Toronto knocked out

Also college rivalries are huge here...bigger than most pro sports

I always compared College football most closely to European Soccer
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 10-15-15 at 01:16 AM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Seto---I would say most big rivalries are within division, not necessarily the same city or area

As a Jets fan for example I hate Miami, Buffalo, and New England but close teams like Philly and the Giants arent really rivals because they play in the NFC....More just trash talk amongst fans but it's not a real rivalry

Also a Yankee fan and I'll be rooting for the Mets tomorrow....but wanted to see Toronto knocked out

Also college rivalries are huge here...bigger than most pro sports

I always compared College football most closely to European Soccer
    Yes - this! For instance today was one of the greatest days of the 2015 season for Angels fans. Both the Astros and the Rangers lost their series today. Watching the Rangers melt down in the field and having Kendrys Morales seal the deal vs the Astros was GLORIOUS.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I looted 2 cans of Pringles.

Both pizza flavor.

Threw them out.

Horrible

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I don't agree with giant often but this is 100% accurate. Grown ass men fighting and bitching over teams they don't play for or work for is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm a fan of whatever team my money is on any given day. I do have rooting interest in teams without money involved but if they lose I could give a fukk

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Lakerboy........your a loser bud and are completely oblivious! Grab a beer with your fellow Torontonians and stop being that guy that everyone can't stand.

That is all.

12 Last