DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Aaron Rodgers dislikes new PAT rule

Suck it up, Aaron. This is football.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback, who called himself a traditionalist, said he's against the new 33-yard extra point for one major reason.

"I think it goes against the league stance on player safety," Rodgers said Tuesday.

Rodgers doesn't deny that it could make the game more exciting, both strategically if more coaches opt to go for two and also because the ball is now live.

"It's now become a very important play, especially in the wintertime in Green Bay, when no field goal is guaranteed," Rodgers said. "And it doesn't go for just Green Bay. Any place that is cold or has rain or inclement weather, it's going to be an interesting decision. Do you go for the two-pointer from the 2 or do you go for a 33-yard field goal?

"And with that, the play's not dead anymore. If there's an interception or a fumble, you can return it. So I think you're bringing some player safety issues involved into that play. It could make it more exciting, but I still like the one-pointer from where it was at."

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

is he still dating olivia munn?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

She doesn't look like the brunette I thought he was with and the second thing is it will add drama to the game which can only be good. I may lose my hair betting it though.

-Exactly what stealthy said, didn;t see his post.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    She doesn't look like the brunette I thought he was with and the second thing is it will add drama to the game which can only be good. I may lose my hair betting it though.

-Exactly what stealthy said, didn;t see his post.