TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Adding a borderline all star pg can only help. His issue was never on court. Rockets will be better, way better in the backcourt. But they loss some beef with josh smith leaving

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    You sound overly optimistic, why wouldn't the Nuggs pick be higher than 25? I think the Rockets will not get as far as they did this year.
    Your probably right. Losing in the WCF last year with two missing starters, adding Lawson and potentially the deepest roster in the league. Yeah you are probably right.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Nice steal by Morey, though I wouldn't call it genius. If someone offered you a millions bucks for a loaf of bread would you be a genius for accepting it?

As for Lawson, it's a bad sign when Vin Baker is offering you life advice. But he is a top 15 pg and that's no minor accomplishment. He played well last season so the talk of him being damaged is nonsense.
    You have to have ASSETS to makes trades in the NBA. Daryl Morey is flat out the best GM in basketball. The Rockets are loaded with assets. That is why we are always in the trade market and we are always linked to every big free agent. There is a reason why the Mavs are trying to copy everything we do. Not many teams could offer what the Rockets did because they do not have the pieces that we got.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    IMO

Curry
    Paul
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Parker
    Kyrie
    Lowry
    Lillard
    Conley
    Rose (when healthy)
    Dragic
    Teague

All 12 of those are easily better. I like Kemba Walker better too, but that one's debatable.
    I will give you the obvious of Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Lillard and Kyrie. After that you have alot of pgs that could be the product of their teams. Lets see where Lawson ranks after playing a season with the Rockets loaded roster.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    CLE & SA are the top 2 favs. HOU is the #6 fav @16-1, not bad odds if one thinks they are "the" favorite.
    First, I meant in the Western Conference. Second, those odds are meaningless unless they also have odds to not win. I can agree with San Antonio as right up there with Golden State though.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    You have to have ASSETS to makes trades in the NBA. Daryl Morey is flat out the best GM in basketball. The Rockets are loaded with assets. That is why we are always in the trade market and we are always linked to every big free agent. There is a reason why the Mavs are trying to copy everything we do. Not many teams could offer what the Rockets did because they do not have the pieces that we got.
    Any idiot can collect assets, it's not rocket science. The rockets have long been seduced by stars -before Morey got there. Les Alexander likes to have the biggest stars. I remember he royally shafted that champion rockets team by going after Barkley. The best front offices in the nba understand chemistry & personalities; they enlist quality people to build a winning culture -not merely randomly piecing together stars. Is Harden a quality person? How about Howard? Lawson?! Forget it.

IBetYou

How about t.jones? He whom enjoys beating up homeless people

IBetYou

Motiejunas is a good guy. THat's one lol

Sledge187

Any idiot can collect assets, it's not rocket science. The rockets have long been seduced by stars -before Morey got there. Les Alexander likes to have the biggest stars. I remember he royally shafted that champion rockets team by going after Barkley. The best front offices in the nba understand chemistry & personalities; they enlist quality people to build a winning culture -not merely randomly piecing together stars. Is Harden a quality person? How about Howard? Lawson?! Forget it.
    Lmfao, get lost kid. I forgot SBR rule number 1, don't reply to nobodies. Get your post count up kid and maybe one day we will speak again.

IBetYou

I hope so

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I will give you the obvious of Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Lillard and Kyrie. After that you have alot of pgs that could be the product of their teams. Lets see where Lawson ranks after playing a season with the Rockets loaded roster.
    I can go with that, except for Wall and Rose. Those guys are special players regardless of where they play. Both way out of Lawson's league. You'd never see them mentioned together like that.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by jsdjason View Post
    Really good article on just how badly Denver got fleeced. http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ty...ch-in-houston/
    Far from a one-sided article Jason. It did a good job of showing how this could work really well, and how it could completely fall apart.

The question you'd have to ask is the risk worth the reward. We'll know soon enough I guess.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Nobody ever brought up Lawson's name around here for any reason, but now that he's on the team where a lot of posters reside he's all of a sudden the missing link? Harden still gonna have ball mostly, this could be Kobe/Nash all over again, I suspect not that extreme of course.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

OKc should get a healthy Durant back as well

Clippers in the mix

Hou may not be a top 5 western conf team

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Harden will not score as much which is a good thing

He hogs ball too much and we all know you cannot in in nba that way

TheMartian
    TheMartian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3241

Top 4 West team on paper with

Howard, Montejounas, Ariza, Harden, Lawson

But they'll get screwed in the playoffs with Harden choking and Howard playing like he doesn't give a shit. J Smooth going to the Clips is the blow the Rockets won't recover from

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exactly, Lawson was 3rd in the entire NBA in assists last year. That's the main job of a PG; to get the team involved and shell out assists. Some people just hate Houston to no end.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

How do you know any of these players personally? Are you a quality person? Forget it.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    OKc should get a healthy Durant back as well

Clippers in the mix

Hou may not be a top 5 western conf team
    You make no sense at all. Houston went to the WC Finals last year missing 2 Key Starters and had a 37 year old Point guard with no Defense starting. Now, they get both they're starters back and add Ty Lawson who was 3rd in the entire NBA in assists last year. You're probably not the brightest bulb in the box from all the retarded statements you make on here.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntFather View Post
    You make no sense at all. Houston went to the WC Finals last year missing 2 Key Starters and had a 37 year old Point guard with no Defense starting. Now, they get both they're starters back and add Ty Lawson who was 3rd in the entire NBA in assists last year. You're probably not the brightest bulb in the box from all the retarded statements you make on here.
    Wait, I make no sense at all?

You're using last years results as logic for the bullshit you're spewing. You have no clue my man. You're so damn dull you can't even form a post without basing it around last years results

You're just another dime-a-dozen bozo that thinks because the Rockets went further in the playoffs last year and picked up an average pg this year to replace an average pg, that they must do better. Vegas LOVES your types

News to you, OKC will be better. GSW will be better. SAS will be better. Clippers will be better.

Tell me about how the Rockets made the WCF again last year THat's classic

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

if you have Howard and harden as your stars you have no shot

jsdjason
    jsdjason's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

You're using last years results as logic for the bullshit you're spewing. You have no clue my man. You're so damn dull you can't even form a post without basing it around last years results

You're just another dime-a-dozen bozo that thinks because the Rockets went further in the playoffs last year and picked up an average pg this year to replace an average pg, that they must do better. Vegas LOVES your types

News to you, OKC will be better. GSW will be better. SAS will be better. Clippers will be better.

So if we're not going off last season's results as a baseline for Houston, then why do you assume all those teams will be better? Under your logic Golden State could miss the playoffs.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

A+ move by HOU. Don't know why people arguing if they are better or not, Ty Lawson is niceeeeeeee
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheAntFather

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    A+ move by HOU. Don't know why people arguing if they are better or not, Ty Lawson is niceeeeeeee
    AntFather and I have seen this on SBR for years, people are so butt hurt over Howard choosing the Rockets over the Lakers. These Laker fans (now Clipper fans) just can not let it die. Some clown on here said the Rockets would not recover losing Josh Smith, lol. If you are a Rocket fan then you would find that statement amusing. There is a reason Josh Smith is making the league minimum.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Antfather and sledge defending the rockets you don't say... Lmfao you guys are the biggest homers on this site hard to take you guys serious.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Antfather and sledge defending the rockets you don't say... Lmfao you guys are the biggest homers on this site hard to take you guys serious.
    I saw that video you posted calling Bruce Jenner a hero. After that, it is hard taking someone like you serious.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    IMO

Curry
    Paul
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Parker
    Kyrie
    Lowry
    Lillard
    Conley
    Rose (when healthy)
    Dragic
    Teague

All 12 of those are easily better. I like Kemba Walker better too, but that one's debatable.
    Lowry blows.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

I rest my case. Everyone on here sees how retarded and childish you are. Putting emoticons everywhere make you look stupider as well.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by jsdjason View Post
    So if we're not going off last season's results as a baseline for Houston, then why do you assume all those teams will be better? Under your logic Golden State could miss the playoffs.
    Exactly, this guy is the most clueless idiot in the history of sbr.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

I saw that video you posted calling Bruce Jenner a hero. After that, it is hard taking someone like you serious.
    Duffie is never taken seriously on here. Besides being mentally retarded; the scrub is not even a pro.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

if only houston was in the eastern conference

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntFather View Post
    Duffie is never taken seriously on here. Besides being mentally retarded; the scrub is not even a pro.
    ahahaha when I read that the first time I had to double-take. You mean an SBR pro, of course! Awe how cute

First 12