Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Need Advice on hedging Super Bowl

Aight fellas I may have started another thread about this in the NFL forum awhile back but i couldnt find it...

anyhow i got a seahawks to win super bowl future and i stand to have $4,400 coming
    to me (which includes the $800 i have invested )if Seahawks win.

and i will have $2,020 if Patriots win which includes what i had to put down to hedge...

I feel very fortunate that the Seahawks had a miracle come back and have made it this far so i feel like i had to hedge to ensure i get atleast some profit since the Seahawks covered 6 out of the last 8 games since i picked them to win super bowl and could potentially still not win the big game

BUT what really bothers me is i had paid a ton of money in juice to hedge on this... i got -120 and i got -115 and -113... i dont have the numbers in front of me but i estimate i paid about $200-$300 in juice!

right now i can get Patriots - 1 at -101 and i hate that i hedged and got a bad line so i am thinking about putting more on this

Or maybe i should buy the Patriots bets back with Seahawks ML -102 and essentially not hedge at all bc this line movement probably means Seattle wins

Basically i'm not really rollin in cash right now so i kinda need to make sure i get something out of this so i will be str8 for MLB..i hate to second guess myself on Seahawks but Patriots -1 -101 is very tempting

would u guys throw another $400 on Patriots?

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Your throwing money away bear

SEATTLE wins 64% of money hitting New England line isn't moving Vegas builds streets of gold off Super Bowl bettors

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Harry I have no prob with you.

That said bear, dont listen to a word he says about this game.

I have no other advice for you. Good luck.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

You hedged enough.
    Let it ride.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    You hedged enough.
    Let it ride.
    yeah i just feel like an idiot for laying unnecessary juice

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Stay the course.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Aight fellas I may have started another thread about this in the NFL forum awhile back but i couldnt find it...

anyhow i got a seahawks to win super bowl future and i stand to have $4,400 coming

and i will have $2,020 if Patriots win which includes what i had to put down to hedge...

I feel very fortunate that the Seahawks had a miracle come back and have made it this far so i feel like i had to hedge to ensure i get atleast some profit since the Seahawks covered 6 out of the last 8 games since i picked them to win super bowl and could potentially still not win the big game

BUT what really bothers me is i had paid a ton of money in juice to hedge on this... i got -120 and i got -115 and -113... i dont have the numbers in front of me but i estimate i paid about $200-$300 in juice!

right now i can get Patriots - 1 at -101 and i hate that i hedged and got a bad line so i am thinking about putting more on this

Or maybe i should buy the Patriots bets back with Seahawks ML -102 and essentially not hedge at all bc this line movement probably means Seattle wins

Basically i'm not really rollin in cash right now so i kinda need to make sure i get something out of this so i will be str8 for MLB..i hate to second guess myself on Seahawks but Patriots -1 -101 is very tempting

can you spell k-a-r-m-a?

how about d-o-o-m-e-d?

Pats are DOOMED.

put that dough on the Seahawks or give it charity.
    better yet, put it in the bank.'

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Harry I have no prob with you.

That said bear, dont listen to a word he says about this game.

I have no other advice for you. Good luck.
    I'm cool with you just that SEAHAWKS win line says everything majority on pats sea +1 still

Just happens to be the same team I live but go look at all the different sites that show u betting consensus

Nuff said

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

you have around a +400-+500 on the seahawks which is now at -110 or close to that so thats good.Now you have what $1,000 on pats to win around $1,000? If it was me i wouldnt bet no more on the pats id wait to see what numbers you can get in live betting if the opportunity comes and you can get Pats +EV money then take it for $400-$500 or take the points and hope for a middle if you can get a New England +3 take it rather then the ML

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im usually against hedging, but I think hedging futures bets is a good idea sometimes. You got Seattle at a great price, and its a true 50/50 matchup in the Super Bowl, so yeah, I think your hedge is fine. I always like to try and find a middle somewhere... wonder what kind of price you'd have gotten on NE +3... -150 or -160 Im guessing. I'd have liked to have seen you put $2250 on NE +3 to win $1500... give yourself a chance to win em both...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bear your a sharp mother fukker

I love your position right now

Keep up the excellent work

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    I'm cool with you just that SEAHAWKS win line says everything majority on pats sea +1 still

Just happens to be the same team I live but go look at all the different sites that show u betting consensus

Nuff said
    This is meaningless.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    This is meaningless.
    Same thing said to me last year thanks
    Appreciate it
    Love your input and story

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Bear is a boss

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    Bear is a boss

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Have you not learned from the last time you hedged a parlay and ended up giving back like 40% of your profit(lost the hedge). Now you are already giving back 2k on $3600, which means you only win $1600. If you like Seattle I would have waited to see if you can get Seattle +2 and buy a point and get them +3 and have the ML and plus a field goal. I wouldn't have hedged but if anything no more then original amount of $800.
    Haven't capped the game yet, but think Karma may be on Seattle side, good luck but don't always play it safe.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Same thing said to me last year thanks
    Appreciate it
    Love your input and story
    I should have been more specific. Saying the line says everything is incorrect, it's just not true, neither is using a one game sample of last years super bowl. Talking about what you know being a fan of the Seahawks is better. Anyhow, I'll be on the Hawks myself. Good luck and enjoy the game, it should be fun.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Ever wonder why books have no problem with hedging? If you hedge your bets consistently, you need to study up on gambling principles. I guess dumb asses will never learn
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10, Dollars2Donuts, and bigtymer56

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Bear wtf man are you scared?

Buy out of your hedge

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    Bear is a boss
    Sorry....you are the boss, Bear is a stain on SBR. You must have just been confused for a bit.

I hope I helped straighten you out.

Cheers