Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The Difference: Garrett played to win - Caldwell played not to lose

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The Refs were worth 10 points in this game.

Sam Odom

Bear , you need to STOP

Your e-cred is taking a hit

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Bear , you need to STOP

Your e-cred is taking a hit
    there are already 10+ threads about this game why make another one?

I dont give a fukk about my E-Cred. This game was rigged and you know it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

exactly

Caldwell should e fired

He was reason they lost

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Don't disagree at all. Refs were absolute dogshit, though. That's undeniable.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

In the 2h Detroit didn't blitz as much and tried to play coverage

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

The refs in this game made a small error or two....but they got the call right on that PI play.

The refs in this game were 100x better than the crew that did the Arizona game.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

bad call lost for the lions, the reef decide that game,,,lions deserve to win that game

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

They can call illegal contact on almost every pass play if they want to. They called off PI on Dallas when the db ran over the receiver.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    The refs in this game made a small error or two....but they got the call right on that PI play.

The refs in this game were 100x better than the crew that did the Arizona game.
    And Dez Bryant? Running onto the field to argue a penalty call with your helmet off is OK to do in the NFL now?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Nope. They missed that. My buddy (big Cowboys fan) was yelling at the idiot to get back to the bench. It simply should have been called....but is that really a football play? I see stuff like that get overlooked, especially in emotional times, in sports constantly.

A lot of sour grapes out there over this result.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Sorry NoCoin, forgot you are a Detroit boy.

I get it man....but when the Canucks lost in the Finals to Boston.....I couldn't blame the refs....even though I have never seen a series with worse officiating....Boston constantly mugged the Sedins....the Canucks didn't overcome it.

Dez running into the field.....didn't affect the game. It just didnt.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Sorry NoCoin, forgot you are a Detroit boy.

I get it man....but when the Canucks lost in the Finals to Boston.....I couldn't blame the refs....even though I have never seen a series with worse officiating....Boston constantly mugged the Sedins....the Canucks didn't overcome it.

Dez running into the field.....didn't affect the game. It just didnt.
    I'm not solely blaming the refs. The Lions did plenty to f\*\*k themselves.

Dez running on the field = unsportsmanlike conduct = automatic first down. So yeah, in that spot, it did affect the game. You can't throw a flag for PI, announce it, then pick it up for no reason and ignore the dude yelling at the refs with his helmet off on the field during the same play.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    bad call lost for the lions, the reef decide that game,,,lions deserve to win that game
    Well....if they had scored more than the 3 points they scored in the 2nd half, maybe they would've.

Let's don't act like they were destined to win this game. Stafford is 0-18 LIFETIME against winning teams on the road.

Why would this have been any different than the first 17??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

so sick of hearing about who this game was rigged. if the situation was reversed and it was dallas that got fukked over everyone would have laughed. the lions did fukk all after taking a 14-0 lead. any team that blows a 14-0 lead should not be deserving to win.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Well....if they had scored more than the 3 points they scored in the 2nd half, maybe they would've.

Let's don't act like they were destined to win this game. Stafford is 0-18 LIFETIME against winning teams on the road.

Why would this have been any different than the first 17??
    All true opie, but don't act like Romo has been any more clutch than Stafford in his career to date.

Dallas had what, 1 playoff win in the last 18 years before yesterday?

Let's face it: yesterday's game just came down to the lesser of two evils. Both are loser QBs until they finally prove otherwise. Beating the Lions at home on a miracle comeback doesn't prove anything. Romo wins in GB, then we can start to rewrite his legacy.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    All true opie, but don't act like Romo has been any more clutch than Stafford in his career to date.

Dallas had what, 1 playoff win in the last 18 years before yesterday?

Let's face it: yesterday's game just came down to the lesser of two evils. Both are loser QBs until they finally prove otherwise. Beating the Lions at home on a miracle comeback doesn't prove anything. Romo wins in GB, then we can start to rewrite his legacy.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

That's the whole fukking point LB!!! The roles would have never been reversed not in this matchup. If you truly believe the league bends a bit for certain brands or QB's it's all about busine$$. Where is the monetary gain in helping grease Detroit past Dallas?? Yeah corporate sponsors, tv execs , etc everywhere were hoping Detroit won I'm sure.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

detroit guys want to let caldwell go? ok, id like to see that and then see the result of 2015/16 lions watching the playoffs from home

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    detroit guys want to let caldwell go? ok, id like to see that and then see the result of 2015/16 lions watching the playoffs from home
    Where are you seeing that?

Caldwell was a meh hire for me, but hell, given the shitstorm of coaches that has come through Detroit since Fontes, he's OK in my book.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Caldwell should be fired

Another dumb uneducated coach that got job to fill quotas

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    That's the whole fukking point LB!!! The roles would have never been reversed not in this matchup. If you truly believe the league bends a bit for certain brands or QB's it's all about busine$$. Where is the monetary gain in helping grease Detroit past Dallas?? Yeah corporate sponsors, tv execs , etc everywhere were hoping Detroit won I'm sure.
    give it up pal. just give it up. the refs make mistakes in the nfl. its not the first time and it wont be the last. when players make mistakes they get pay raises. when refs fukk up they get tossed out by the league. sponsors want certain teams to win for sure but they have no control over it. did you know dallas has 2 playoff wins in the last 18 years? where were the guys to grease them by in the past?
    nfl games are not rigged. bad calls can help influence the outcome , the games are not predetermined.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Sam, you sneaky little oyster.

You pretty much ripped me off verbatim, from the other Caldwell thread, in your heading of this thread.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    In the 2h Detroit didn't blitz as much and tried to play coverage

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Over 8 minutes left, I dont see too much wrong with punting with a lead to pin them back near endzone. Punting is not why they lost.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Sam, you sneaky little oyster.

You pretty much ripped me off verbatim, from the other Caldwell thread, in your heading of this thread.

Really...

I put the title the way it is because that is bascally what is said in the linked video

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

More refs wanted Cowboys to win. All calls against Lions.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Really...

I put the title the way it is because that is bascally what is said in the linked video
    Basically schmasically... I'm not buying any of that nonsense.

I'm probably gonna sue you if I have time.

Sam Odom

Hire Little Deemer. I understand he plans on being a slip & fall TV lawyer

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Dude your an idiot. The difference, Garrett Teams was down two touchdowns, they had no choice but to go for it on 4th down. Bill Belicheck is the only coach that wouldn't of punted in that situation, and only if he was having to punt to Peyton Manning. Everyone else would of done the same thing.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

the only fix was the boyz not covering

mr automatic missed a FG on joe buck cue

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Dude your an idiot. The difference, Garrett Teams was down two touchdowns, they had no choice but to go for it on 4th down. Bill Belicheck is the only coach that wouldn't of punted in that situation, and only if he was having to punt to Peyton Manning. Everyone else would of done the same thing.
    Disagree....Many coaches out there would go for it in that exact situation, especially on the road as a dog

Chip Kelly? Riverboat Ron Rivera? I know he's looking for a job now but Rex Ryan has gone for it in the playoffs in similar situations....multiple times in his early years with the Jets... Big reason why they pulled off a bunch of upsets

I said this before, if you're deciding on what the correct strategy is....There is no question that Dallas WANTS them to punt there, what does that tell you?

If I'm a Dallas fan, I want no part in having to stop a 4th and 1
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 01-06-15 at 12:00 AM.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Disagree....Many coaches out there would go for it in that exact situation, especially on the road as a dog

Chip Kelly? Riverboat Ron Rivera? I know he's looking for a job now but Rex Ryan has gone for it in the playoffs in similar situations....multiple times in his early years with the Jets... Big reason why they pulled off a bunch of upsets

I said this before, if you're deciding on what the correct strategy is....There is no question that Dallas WANTS them to punt there, what does that tell you?

If I'm a Dallas fan, I want no part in having to stop a 4th and 1
    I highly doubted that anything you said occurred in the playoffs, and in game where they already had 3 point game where the defense played fairly well all day. River Ron did it last week, but it was because his team was losing early in the game and they needed momentum. Belicheck is the only one that does that, and he only does it because he had zero faith in his defense to stop the other team.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I highly doubted that anything you said occurred in the playoffs, and in game where they already had 3 point game where the defense played fairly well all day. River Ron did it last week, but it was because his team was losing early in the game and they needed momentum. Belicheck is the only one that does that, and he only does it because he had zero faith in his defense to stop the other team.
    Bill Bel is not the only coach that goes for it there...it's just a lie and speculation at best

I'm not even saying it's a terrible call to punt there either, but it's the wrong one IMO

Even if you don't get it you have to stop them anyway....Good chance you get it though and control the game from there

What would YOU do if you were the coach?

12 Last