pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Did you read the chapter about going to church on Sundays instead of working on your spreadsheet?

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Religion is no different than a tout service

Both are a scam pretending they have the answers

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Religion is no different than a tout service

Both are a scam pretending they have the answers
    Darker I would take that back

Most religious people are true

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

​a reading from Numbers chapter 31 today.....

Dividing the Spoils

25 The Lord said to Moses, 26 “You and Eleazar the priest and the family heads of the community are to count all the people and animals that were captured. 27 Divide the spoils equally between the soldiers who took part in the battle and the rest of the community. 28 From the soldiers who fought in the battle, set apart as tribute for the Lord one out of every five hundred, whether people, cattle, donkeys or sheep. 29 Take this tribute from their half share and give it to Eleazar the priest as theLord’s part. 30 From the Israelites’ half, select one out of every fifty, whether people, cattle, donkeys, sheep or other animals. Give them to the Levites, who are responsible for the care of the Lord’s tabernacle.” 31 So Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the Lord commanded Moses.
    32 The plunder remaining from the spoils that the soldiers took was 675,000 sheep, 33 72,000 cattle,34 61,000 donkeys 35 and 32,000 women who had never slept with a man.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

This is my favorite verse for some reason..

Genisis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground."

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I'm a Christian and I love reading the Old Testament. Ive read the entire Bible multiple times and have a 100 page list of verses. Ruth and Job are my favorite books.

Isaiah 36:12 - But the Rabshakeh said, "Has my master sent me to speak these words to your master and not to you, and not to the people sitting on the wall, who are doomed with you to eat their own dung and drink their own urine?"

Isaiah 47.10- You felt secure in your wickedness; you said, "No one sees me." Your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray, and you said in your heart, "I am, and there is no one besides me." But evil shall come upon you, which you cannot charm away; disaster shall fall upon you, which you will not be able to ward off; and ruin shall come on you suddenly, of which you know nothing

Job 3.20- Why is light given to one in misery, and life to the bitter in soul, who long for death, but it does not come, and dig for it more than hidden treasures; who rejoice exceedingly, and are glad when they find the grave? Why is light given to one who cannot see the way, whom God has fenced in?

Job 7.17 What are human beings, that you make so much of them, that you set your mind on them, visit them every morning, test them every moment? If I sin, what do I do to you, you watcher of humanity?

Job 10.1 I loathe my life; I will give free utterance to my complaint; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.

Job 30.20 I cry to you and you do not answer me; I stand, and you merely look at me. You have turned cruel to me; with the might of your hand you persecute me.

Acts 16.25 - About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was an earthquake, so violent that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened. When the jailer woke up and saw the prison doors wide open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, since he supposed that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted in a loud voice, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here." The jailer called for lights, and rushing in, he fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them outside and said "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They answered, "Believe on The Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Acts 9.13 - But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints in Jerusalem; and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who invoke your name." But The Lord said to him, "Go, for he is an instrument whom I have chosen to bring my name before Gentiles and kings and before the people of Israel; I myself will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name"

Ruth 1.16 But Ruth said, "Do not press me to leave you or to turn back from following you! Where you go, I will go; where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall me my people, and your God my God. Where you die, I will die - there will I be buried. May The Lord do thus and so to me, and more as well, if even death parts me from you.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

JJ, there is nothing wrong with looking to religion for some answers. You are such a poor gambler that maybe you will find another field to pursue.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Ruth 1.20 She said to them, "Call me no longer Naomi, call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt bitterly with me. I went away full, but The Lord has brought me back empty."

Ruth 2.10 Then she fell prostrate, with her face to the ground, and said to him, "Why have I found favor in your sight, that you should take notice of me, when I am a foreigner?" But Boaz answered her, "All that you have done for your mother in law since the death of your husband has been fully told me, and how you left your father and mother and native land and came to a people that you did not know before. May The Lord reward you for your deeds, and may you have a full reward from The Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come for refuge! Then she said, "May I continue to find favor in your sight, my lord, for you have comforted me and spoken kindly to your servant, even though I not one of your servants."

jjgold

Keep the Bible scriptures coming then it is really helping with therapy

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

2pac summed it up best

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Men it's all we got
    Still doing things but also working on correction

Being Jewish has no real faith

Back to basics
    got one for us today?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Men it's all we got

Back to basics
    How is the reading JJ?

jjgold

Paver good bump I never stuck with it as I was getting too deeply involved and felt like I was being drawn into a cult and I was not myself anymore so I gradually got away from it and now do believe in the Lord but don't get too heavily involved

I am Catholic not Jewish anymore

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Men it's all we got

Back to basics
    i agree about Jews.

They are very strange.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    2pac summed it up best

2-pac RIP

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Well written piece of fiction

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Its no Ulysses

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Penguins are Jewish

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Men it's all we got m

Back to basics

JJ this is the best decision you have ever made. The church, Christ and the bible has changed my life. I've given up everything and devoted my life to the Catholic Church and Christ. Let me know if you want to read the bible with me on skype. I have a group of 4 people we read to each other , I hope you can join.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Paver good bump I never stuck with it as I was getting too deeply involved and felt like I was being drawn into a cult and I was not myself anymore so I gradually got away from it and now do believe in the Lord but don't get too heavily involved

I am Catholic not Jewish anymore
    wow... but in order to really be a Catholic, you must go through Adult Catechism...
    and be Baptized with vows, and Confirmed. Confession and Communion.
    Have you done these things ?
    amazing. and flyingillini also, I see.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Scientology or bust for me.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

I was saved on December 19 2013 best day ever. Bible is the only thing we have left in this world. I saw the lord always before me because he is at my right hand I will never be shaken. Acts 2 25 my friends.

jjgold

respect The Bible
    Everything comes true in it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Respect.

jjgold

Thanks Paver your a good man

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Did you read the chapter about going to church on Sundays instead of working on your spreadsheet?
    Church is only 1 hour most places.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    I was saved on December 19 2013 best day ever. Bible is the only thing we have left in this world. I saw the lord always before me because he is at my right hand I will never be shaken. Acts 2 25 my friends.
    So i am curious...

What is your method for studying the bible?

start the from the beginning or do you skip around?

I will say this, going to church does calm me down and takes away stress usually.

jjgold

Bear you could skip around pick one up at Barnes & Noble it's the best thing you'll ever do

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Bear you could skip around pick one up at Barnes & Noble it's the best thing you'll ever do
    i have one.

Been to church many times but never read much of the bible, didnt know where to start

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i have one.

Been to church many times but never read much of the bible, didnt know where to start
    The beginning

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Only penguins go to church. What a silly nonsense the Bible is

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

What is the First chapter of the Bible JJ?

Educate the infidels please.

First 1234 Last