TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Al Golden Is The Biggest Stain Around - What Has He Really Won?

The guy is so lucky to be coaching a school like Miami. He hasn't show sh#$ anywhere. Ohhhhh Temple!!! Big fukking deal... look who they play. He doesn't know how to coach against the BIG SCHOOLS.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This fukking guy.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's very overrated I don't care what you do in the Mac... Mac =jv he won't bring canes back to nc contenders he's not that guy

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    The guy is so lucky to be coaching a school like Miami. He hasn't show sh#$ anywhere. Ohhhhh Temple!!! Big fukking deal... look who they play. He doesn't know how to coach against the BIG SCHOOLS.
    Don't really have a strong opinion of the guy either way. However after seeing him call a mickey mouse backward pass on first play after recovering a Louisville fumble in the red zone and giving it right back to Louisville (should have been a Louisville touchdown)...good grief. Had a chance to seize BIG MO and he gets cute...Later on another drive he called a dive play on 3rd and 5 inside the red zone and it gets stuffed...good grief again....

If tonight is an indication of his coaching ability he isn't ready for prime time.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Yeah, and I hear that Miami brass has his back.

Why?

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Much easier to take a chit program to respectable than to take a once great program back to excellence.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

completely overrated from day one

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Much easier to take a chit program to respectable than to take a once great program back to excellence.
    Why do you say that?

Look what the following coaches have done at great programs that were down over the past decade.

Kelley did at Notre Dame - Quickly got them to the national title game
    Stoops at Oklahoma - Team went from 6-6 to winning the national title in year 2.
    Fisher at Florida State - Team went from mediocre to champions
    Saban at Bama - Program was mediocre for a while until he arrive to one of the the best in CFB.
    Malzahn at Auburn - Completely turned Auburn around, won the SEC, and had them playing for it all.

So five power house programs went from mediocr to championship contenders in the past decade based on the coaches they hired.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Long term I'm bullish on Golden. What he did with a school like Temple, and what Randy Edsall did with a program like Connecticut especially can't be overlooked. They're starting out slow, but I think they both have what it takes. Unless you're playing XBox, you can't just go in and turn around dead programs like that unless you're a great coach.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I think he'll turn them around in a few years

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

guy is overated and everyone loves him in Miami because he talks a good game...

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Im a Canes fan and Im not too high on him. I dont necessarily think hes overrated, but he considered leaving for Penn State...because of that I dont trust him. Doubt he'll be here long enough to turn the program back around

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

If you watched last night game Miami has one of the worst QB's in the nation. Not sure Nick Saban could of done much better with that QB last night.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    If you watched last night game Miami has one of the worst QB's in the nation. Not sure Nick Saban could of done much better with that QB last night.
    Maybe you're not aware, but the Canes QB last night, Brad Kaaya is an 18 year old true freshman starting his first college game on the road in prime time behind a shaky O-line and going against a solid defense. All things considered, I thought he played okay. Give the kid a break, he'll eventually be good, real tough spot for him last night.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I thought Miami play decent

Although they are not a powerhouse anymore

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Golden boy actually came out and blamed Freshman QB Kaaya's teammates. What most of America really saw was a badly preparred UM team, this is no one else's responsibility than HC.

Golden is one of those coaches who are better as coordinators and not head coaches.Needs to Learn to take full 100% responsibility and how to delegate authority. Golden has been coach for 1 entire recruiting cycle as of this year, this is his team 100%.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Long term I'm bullish on Golden. What he did with a school like Temple, and what Randy Edsall did with a program like Connecticut especially can't be overlooked. They're starting out slow, but I think they both have what it takes. Unless you're playing XBox, you can't just go in and turn around dead programs like that unless you're a great coach.
    Ralphie what Edsall was able to do at UCONN was great

but it's easy to slurp the guy that wins at Temple

not many winning expectations at either school anyway

but when you take the sideline for "The U" better have the best guy available in charge

back in the day to have a guy like Howard Schnellenberger leading you from the sidelines was impressive just saying

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

if golden cant find a way to win with all that high school talent in his backyard, then he should go to the announcing booth.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

How quickly you guys forget. Golden stuck with Miami when all the suspensions were handed down. He could have left at any time. Now the Miami Brass will give him a couple of years to get his act together. Will he? Doubtful, but he is not going anyplace after this season.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

They need a big time recruiter if they want to return back to glory that kaya kid looked like a deer in the headlights as a true freshman but you can tell he'll be good in a year or two maybe in time to save goldens job who knows.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

but when you take the sideline for "The U" better have the best guy available in charge
    The U won't be getting the best guy around anymore. But I do agree, recruiting is a much bigger part of the game where Golden is at now. That will probably be what sinks him if anything does.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

He was a big JoePa disciple

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

somebody at Miami call Archie Manning right fukkin now and offer him whatever he wants to coach the team

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    They need a big time recruiter if they want to return back to glory that kaya kid looked like a deer in the headlights as a true freshman but you can tell he'll be good in a year or two maybe in time to save goldens job who knows.
    Yeah its not like this guy was some big 5 star recruit that was meant to be good right away. Only reason why he is starting is because the two guys ahead of him are suspended and injuried and then the gut from Kansas must be trash

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

ravens is right about kaaya, but everytime i watch miami it amazes me how many dumb mistakes they make and they appear to be easily rattled, that's on golden IMO. one of the big reasons i went with ville last night was because of the coaching mismatch

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Louisville rewards cheaters. Glad to see your a fan

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Ummm. Did you notice how good Lville's front 7 was? They quickly ran over the Miami O-line and Kaaya literally had no time to throw. He was uncomfortable the whole time. Give credit where credit is due, but Gardner looked damn good. 20 out of 28 attempts.