James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is there a list of MAJOR offshore books that went bankrupt without paying players??

I was arguing last night with a good friend of mine about the pros and cons of offshore vs a local book. He wonders why I use locals and felt one of his pros was off shore legitimacy and I did not agree. Of course there are many legit off shores, but the same applies to locals. Is there a list, and ideally a back story of the MAJOR books that went under over the years? I have heard of a few on this site over the past 2 years but never paid too much attention. Any info would be appreciated .

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

50/50 either way

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    50/50 either way
    yeah, what he said. ^^^^^^^^

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

I'd feel very nervous winning more than 5k from a local where As I wouldn't break a sweat if I won 50k at heritage or 5Dimes

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

"But I can personally vouch for the owners and i know for a fact that he has deep pockets"

James D

Hello Optional how are you . Thanks for your reply and good luck this football season, I am sure you will have your hands full as a mod this time of year. . That list isn't really what I was referring to, there are a hundred bankrupt books on that list that were funded with less then I have in my pocket right now. My question was how many big ones went down like cascade. A dozen no names will go down every year that's a given. It's not the same as if a 5dimes, pinnacle, bookmaker or another quality respected outfit closed up.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    I'd feel very nervous winning more than 5k from a local where As I wouldn't break a sweat if I won 50k at heritage or 5Dimes
    I completely understand your sentiment there. So I assume heritage is another big respected shop. Thanks for your input.