easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

How bad does Scherzer's offseason gamble look now?

guy rejected 144mil/6 year deal in the offseason and its looking worse for him as the season progresses. You would think he would automatically sign the contract after coming off a career year and winning the cy young, not likely your gonna top that kind of a year. Now with the acquiring of David Price Detroit will more than likely let him walk in the offseason, as signing Price longterm is the obvious choice here over Scherzer. Price has another year on his contract after this season, his younger and he is a lefty. Having already given Verlander a big contract and Anibal Sanchez a decent amount of money as well in the offseason it seems very unlikely that Scherzer gets resigned by the Tigers. Will be interesting to see if their is a team out their desperate enough to give him a deal near what the Tigers offered him in the offseason.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-31-14 at 04:29 PM.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

I think the move for Price was a sign that Detroit knew they wouldn't be able to resign Scherzer. I think he will be just fine, some club out there will give him top dollars, but won't be Detroit.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

he will get paid big by someone

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Scherzer is a stud ace and will be paid no doubt

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I'll bet anything ny signs him to a bigger deal because we all know it's only a matter of time before tanka gets Timmy John

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

baseball owners real dumb

of course he will get paid

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

He's gonna get paid by somebody. No worries for him. I am surprised he turned that down tho.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I think the move for Price was a sign that Detroit knew they wouldn't be able to resign Scherzer. I think he will be just fine, some club out there will give him top dollars, but won't be Detroit.
    Exactly. Scherzer will go someplace else, and he'll get max dollars to do so. He's keeping up his end of the bargain this year.