jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most kids after they graduate college you're in debt 50,000 or more

InCredibly stupid because these kids are not getting jobs

I would think at least 50% of college graduates are paying off student loans until 50 years old

The new generation kid has no shot to ever accumulate a lot of money as the day of the big paying jobs are gone and less you're a freak of the mind

Most kids are wasting your time in college and getting loans as it does not pay off anymore

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Most kids after they graduate college you're in debt 50,000 or more

InCredibly stupid because these kids are not getting jobs

I would think at least 50% of college graduates are paying off student loans until 50 years old

The new generation kid has no shot to ever accumulate a lot of money as the day of the big paying jobs are gone and less you're a freak of the mind

Most kids are wasting your time in college and getting loans as it does not pay off anymore
    They should prolly call and get some advice from the guy who calls himself a professional gambler and consistently posts losing baseball bets and videos of himself speeding to a horse track to try and get in a daily double wager...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Tony Williams

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

School is ok for those who want to be trained for a specific job.....examples would be Doctor's, lawyers, accountants and the like.

What I have a funny time with is the TONS of kids going to school and then not using any of these learned talents. You do not need to have a degree to run a hotel, sell goods, work for the government in human resources.....

These people, the professionals that are not using their schooling, should be doing one or two year internships with companies....it would reduce the glut of people in school for no reason, stop taxing the system for no reason and even more importantly reduce the post-school debt all these poor guys are carrying around.

Now me, you may ask, I went to school for 9 years, switched my major and switched faculties many times and ended up with......drumroll please....NOTHING! I was bored guys, just like the majority of students out there.....and now I am an executive with a major company and I make a great living....guess why?? Because I got serious about being great at WHAT I WANTED TO DO!

Most people have their priorities all messed up....me included when I was young....it is going to take a serious examining of our system to start making good changes....I doubt I will ever see that day.

D2D

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    School is ok for those who want to be trained for a specific job.....examples would be Doctor's, lawyers, accountants and the like.

What I have a funny time with is the TONS of kids going to school and then not using any of these learned talents. You do not need to have a degree to run a hotel, sell goods, work for the government in human resources.....

These people, the professionals that are not using their schooling, should be doing one or two year internships with companies....it would reduce the glut of people in school for no reason, stop taxing the system for no reason and even more importantly reduce the post-school debt all these poor guys are carrying around.

Now me, you may ask, I went to school for 9 years, switched my major and switched faculties many times and ended up with......drumroll please....NOTHING! I was bored guys, just like the majority of students out there.....and now I am an executive with a major company and I make a great living....guess why?? Because I got serious about being great at WHAT I WANTED TO DO!

Most people have their priorities all messed up....me included when I was young....it is going to take a serious examining of our system to start making good changes....I doubt I will ever see that day.

D2D
    Completely agree with you. America needs to wake up and tell the education system to F%$# off. I went to college to get a business degree. I got it, and it's completely worthless. I took psychology, sociology, writing, speech, and a bunch of business classes taught by douchebag academics that have never run a business. The only thing worthwhile I learned was how to write concisely. Being educated is worthless if you can't use it to make good money. I went to school when it was semi-affordable. Nowadays, forget about it. It has completely priced itself out of the market to be considered a good investment for anyone, except for the people that want to be lawyers, doctors, etc. I only went because I was a good student, and good students go to college, that's how America is. My roommate in college came from a plumbing background, as his father owned the business. He went to college to "better himself." His brother went to trade school and made 60K a year out of high school with no debt. It's a crime to lead someone down the path of lifelong debt while believing that it is their only option.
    Points Awarded:

No coincidences gave Albert Pujols 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Happy to say I have no loans or mortgages

I hate these monthly, quarterly, and yearly bills though like HOA fees, storage unit, insurance, and other shit you'll never pay off

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

History degree, means absolutely nothing until I get a Master's and get certified to teach in the state. College degree and I'm managing a restaurant lol, something you don't necessarily need even a high school diploma to work up to. One of those real world things that can bring you down when you think about it.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    zeta owed me 1700 but finally squared up last week

paid 1000 cash and did some extra work for me to make up for the 700

painted 1 fence
    changed breaks on car
    was my personal taxi for a week
    mowed my lawn
    agreed to be pool boy for the summer
    unreal pal this was supposed to stay between us
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darkhat

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    Now that that deal seems to be off...I am going to throw my hat into the proverbial ring.....I wanna be a pool boy for the summer!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post

D2D
    Solid post. There are literally tens of thousands of kids out there who are cluelessly wandering through school, accumulating debt at a startling pace with no payoff in the end. Colleges make way too much $$$ off these kids and their families, so no, it won't change anytime soon. Have you seen tuition costs recently vs. when you were in school? It's the biggest ripoff in our country today. Problem is, if you aren't going to get some sort of higher education, you have to really work your ass off to make up for it. And most aren't willing to do that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Completely agree with you. America needs to wake up and tell the education system to F%$# off. I went to college to get a business degree. I got it, and it's completely worthless. I took psychology, sociology, writing, speech, and a bunch of business classes taught by douchebag academics that have never run a business. The only thing worthwhile I learned was how to write concisely. Being educated is worthless if you can't use it to make good money. I went to school when it was semi-affordable. Nowadays, forget about it. It has completely priced itself out of the market to be considered a good investment for anyone, except for the people that want to be lawyers, doctors, etc. I only went because I was a good student, and good students go to college, that's how America is. My roommate in college came from a plumbing background, as his father owned the business. He went to college to "better himself." His brother went to trade school and made 60K a year out of high school with no debt. It's a crime to lead someone down the path of lifelong debt while believing that it is their only option.
    Outstanding post. You and I are in the same boat with very similar experiences.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Solid post. There are literally tens of thousands of kids out there who are cluelessly wandering through school, accumulating debt at a startling pace with no payoff in the end. Colleges make way too much $$$ off these kids and their families, so no, it won't change anytime soon. Have you seen tuition costs recently vs. when you were in school? It's the biggest ripoff in our country today. Problem is, if you aren't going to get some sort of higher education, you have to really work your ass off to make up for it. And most aren't willing to do that.
    Countless professors, for some sick reason I never understood, told us all the time that they were able to pay for their tuition at UT, Florida, TAMU ect by working part-time during the semester and still have enough to go out on the weekends. Unfukkin real. Some went as recently as the late 80s or early 90s.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Countless professors, for some sick reason I never understood, told us all the time that they were able to pay for their tuition at UT, Florida, TAMU ect by working part-time during the semester and still have enough to go out on the weekends. Unfukkin real. Some went as recently as the late 80s or early 90s.
    The difference between cost per credit hour 20 or 30 years ago vs. today would completely shock someone who hasn't been paying attention.

Again, college is the biggest ripoff/scam there is in this country today. This bubble almost has to be the next one to burst.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasi...le-will-burst/

jjgold

Most people are better off going to a one or two year trade school and learning it

If you're savvy and could get a loan of 100,000 somehow cosign and really understood option spread trading your be way ahead of the game than going to college and doing it full-time with low-risk

It's hilarious all these people wasting this money on college and are just getting bachejor degrees and End up losers after college

When you graduate college for most people the pay is just never going to be there to justify getting a college loans

Of course doctor, nurse, teaching, engineering, lawyer, etc. you have to go to college but even that you have to be a standout to do well after college

As crazy as it sounds after you graduate high school just go get a job anywhere and graduate work you full-time and you'll be way ahead of the game and debt-free

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Last edited by easyliving; 07-01-14 at 03:45 PM.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    lol was wondering if you'd see that

jjgold

Just made an $800 loan payment today which was pretty solid

Always pay above what you owe each month

My loans were gambling motivated

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Oh, all loans...

I thought just gambling debt..

All loans, I'm up to about $450k.
    Lol.

vividjohn45

Just made an $800 loan payment today which was pretty solid

Always pay above what you owe each month

My loans were gambling motivated
    Jj. U got stakers on ur piks?

vividjohn45

Jj i have a fingerhut account bought some ring from their book. Where they said it was a gift i won. I had to pay 10 bux postage. Today when i went to pay the 10 bux postage they said i owe 130 bux. Does this count?

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by parlayininhtown View Post
    a few grand on my car, which i could afford to pay off now, but choose not to because i'm a lazy, worthless moron.

Frankly, i'm in no rush to pay anything off, as i'm becoming increasingly convinced i will not want to live to see 40.
    lmao

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I have a CFA 2 and went to work in the financial sector (Custodial of Accounts). Had a good job, but lots of stress and got fired in the great collapse of 2008. Now I am a Mechanical Contractor and the degree has helped me penetrate all. Sure I am more well rounded and better educated, but if I chose this path out of college I would have been 100% better off with no debt and all the licenses by now. The way I see it college set me back 4 years and I am the worse for wear. Well I guess thats the american dream huh.

jjgold

I might Johnny putting some feelers out in Las Vegas to see if there's any interest

Point of thread never get gambling loans

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    Jj. U got stakers on ur piks?

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who takes care of unpaid loans if you suddenly die and you have absolutely no loved ones around to take on the burden? Lots of repo involved, too, no?

jjgold

Parlay just get all loaned up and live high if your older

Don't worry man

You like 72??

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

guys you might be in debt and all but when you have kids are you gonna tell them these horror stories and tell them not to go to college? At least when you graduate college you have more opportunities and your able to make more money

jjgold

Nothing like owing the bookie three grand and getting a loan for five grand so you have an extra 2K to play with I used to do it all the time

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlay just get all loaned up and live high if your older

Don't worry man

You like 72??

20s, Corbin.

First 12