Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

World Cup: Can't they legislate the leg-clutching/writhing in pain out of the game???

I love the World Cup and look forward to it every four years, but I'm losing patience with the flopping and crying.

Not 25%, not 50%, but 100% of the time a player gets tackled, he writhes around on the ground clutching his leg as though it were just BROKEN!!! Or at the very LEAST like a ligament was torn! Then a minute later they're back flying across the pitch making incredible moves, clearly not having been even mildly hurt.

It's a fukkin embarrassment to all sport. These are the greatest athletes in the world, can't they act like men?

They need to start handing out yellow cards every time a player clutches his leg and writhes around crying and is revealed a minute later to be 100% uninjured.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Refs can't risk scrutiny for taking injuries lightly

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    I love the World Cup and look forward to it every four years, but I'm losing patience with the flopping and crying.

Not 25%, not 50%, but 100% of the time a player gets tackled, he writhes around on the ground clutching his leg as though it were just BROKEN!!! Or at the very LEAST like a ligament was torn! Then a minute later they're back flying across the pitch making incredible moves, clearly not having been even mildly hurt.

It's a fukkin embarrassment to all sport. These are the greatest athletes in the world, can't they act like men?

They need to start handing out yellow cards every time a player clutches his leg and writhes around crying and is revealed a minute later to be 100% uninjured.
    That's why the sport will never be huge here. American's only tolerate that when it comes to social issues like unemployment, affirmative action and higher minimum wage.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Umm do we not see the same thing in basketball...its tactical lol

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Umm do we not see the same thing in basketball...its tactical lol
    I know it's tactical, but it's a sickening tactic, so they should just eliminate it entirely! If no one can do it, then it's still an even playing field.

Of course we see it in basketball, but come on, it's nothing like this in terms of frequency and over-exaggerating the contact that just took place.

I'm not even a hockey fan, but it's funny how different the culture is in the NHL... guys take sticks to the face that break their noses or get gashes that require tons of stitches, but they don't so much as blink, they just skate off the ice to get tended to. I'm not gonna say something dumb like that they are real men and soccer players aren't -- obviously that is stupid -- but the point is that the crying like a baby and rolling around should just be removed from the culture of the sport and the sport would be better for it.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Okay, gotta give credit where it's due -- Greek player just put his hand up to say he had NOT been contacted in the box by the Colombian player! They could be my new favorite team! Too bad they have no chance.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Refs can't risk scrutiny for taking injuries lightly
    If that was the case they simply have to order anyone who goes down removed on a stretcher or given a yellow card if they want to stay on the field.

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

all soccer and basketball players have vaginas. You didn't know this? How did you not know this

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    That's why the sport will never be huge here. American's only tolerate that when it comes to social issues like unemployment, affirmative action and higher minimum wage.
    No, the reason soccer is not popular in the U.S. Is because there's not enough money to be made off commercials... Tv stations have no incentive to show a game. Literally the only reason. Funny how you guys think you control the sports you like.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PharaohUB