I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I would be thoroughly surprised if Scott Brooks got fired this year, even assuming they lose this series. He's had a lot of success here and I think that buys him one more year. Next year will be uncomfortable though as he will be on a very hot seat.

OKC's playbook has always consisted of iso plays. There is always very little ball movement and even player movement away from the ball. They have good enough players that they can usually find a mismatch and expose that in an iso matchup. But this series it's not working at all and it's exposing them. It was the same with Harden, the difference was when you put Harden Durant and Westbrook on the floor together, there was always on or two mismatches. But even then it showed to be ineffective against a good defensive team like the Heat.
    Sounds like a coach that got them from C to B. They need another to get to A. They need a real coach. Not a baby sitter. Might be a far more successful TEAM if the team got the team concept.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Everyone that thinks OKC is better without Westbrook is delusional.

OKC went to the Finals with Westbrook and when he went out last year they went out in 5 games.

OKC needs a coach that can control the team. Either Brooks isn't doing his job or players aren't listening to him.

Why doesn't Durant ever get criticized? When Durant is missing open shots and getting taken out of the game and Tabo and Perkins can't score, what do you expect Westbrook to do?

Someone has to take charge.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Ya, it was the sports animal I also haven't heard fat jack in quite some time. He was a hoot to listen to, scumbag tout but a hoot, I thought.

BigD has a good analysis above. Someone has to take charge and Westbrook isn't scared. I, like others, am beginning to come around to the thought that maybe Brooks is a bigger problem than I initially thought. I/O I like your saying "he made a C team a B team". I hadn't thought of it like that. Only thing I'd change is the C to a D or F. They were abysmal when he started. 2-17 I believe.

Perk did a good job against Bynum and Gasol years ago and in all honesty he's done a good job against Zbo this year, I think Zbo is shooting around 33% from the field. But fukk, he's a huge liability on the offensive end. If he was the only offensive liability, it wouldn't be a big deal but Sefolosha has become a liability as well, ON BOTH ENDS OF THE FLOOR. He used to be a Bruce Bowen type player, not quite as good but that style, but he hasn't been the same this year especially since coming back from his injury. Now he can't score and is getting torched on D.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Expect a big effirt from Oklahoma City the next game even though on the round the road

Durrant is do for a massive game

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Expect a big effirt from Oklahoma City the next game even though on the round the road

Durrant is do for a massive game
    I thought that would happen last night and they came out flat....

First 12