will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Denver-2 Is FREE MONEY!!!!Odds are way off!!!

This is Peyton Manning's moment to solidify a career that doesn't need solidifying. The Denver offense has great depth and although Seattle has the number 1 defense in the NFL, Denver will do enough to cover.

Denver blew an opportunity last season with Flacco's bomb to Jacoby Jones. This season, they've managed to basically go "wire to wire". Brady and NE have been Manning's main obstacle and Denver steamrolled the Pats.

MetLife Stadium will be like a home game for Denver. Everyone is rooting for Peyton to get that 2nd ring in Eli's backyard. Lynch won't be able to handle the spotlight (he already froze in an interview with Deion Sanders) and Wilson can't match Peyton throw for throw.

I don't care if the weather is cold; Peyton Manning will finally get the respect that is well overdue. If you don't feel secure giving points then take Denver ML.

This is an easy bet. This won't get ugly because of Wilson's composure, but Denver rolls here. Take it to the bank! THE ODDS ARE WAY OFF HERE. GOOD LUCK,Will2
    Points Awarded:

MikeyD323 gave will2survive 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Ihope LovetheMush stamps this with his approval.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

I really want Seattle +3
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL at comparing giving a television interview to running a football.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    LOL at comparing giving a television interview to running a football.
    Lynch excels at home and against San Francisco, he didn't have a great game except for 1 breakaway run. Lynch won't be the difference in this game; Wilson's inexperience and the depth and momentum that Denver have are the difference. I actually think that SF would've given Denver a tougher time, but we'll never know. Sunday is Denver's day; make no mistake about it.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post

This is Peyton Manning's moment to solidify a career...

Hard to do riding the Bench

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Well Will, I am on the same page ...Been thinking pretty much the same thing ....But then last time number one D (Giants) played the best offense (Bills) in the Super Bowl the team with the best D came out on top. Pretty much everybody thought the Niners would beat the Seahawks to get to the Superbowl,and the Niners lost. For these reasons I am thinking this is not a lock.....I do like Manning and his experience factor and like the Broncos but we might end up with Beast mode having a big game , Wilson playing well and not turning over the ball....Could go Seahawks way ...Guess we gotta wait and see....

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is Peyton Manning's moment to solidify a career that doesn't need solidifying. The Denver offense has great depth and although Seattle has the number 1 defense in the NFL, Denver will do enough to cover.

Denver blew an opportunity last season with Flacco's bomb to Jacoby Jones. This season, they've managed to basically go "wire to wire". Brady and NE have been Manning's main obstacle and Denver steamrolled the Pats.

MetLife Stadium will be like a home game for Denver. Everyone is rooting for Peyton to get that 2nd ring in Eli's backyard. Lynch won't be able to handle the spotlight (he already froze in an interview with Deion Sanders) and Wilson can't match Peyton throw for throw.

I don't care if the weather is cold; Peyton Manning will finally get the respect that is well overdue. If you don't feel secure giving points then take Denver ML.

This is an easy bet. This won't get ugly because of Wilson's composure, but Denver rolls here. Take it to the bank! THE ODDS ARE WAY OFF HERE. GOOD LUCK,Will2
    Nice writeup, but there are several inaccurcies. First, Denver did not "Steamroll" New England. They defeated a crippled New England team at home by 10 points. Seattle is much better than New England, and Denver is NOT playing at home.

Secondly, Seattle will have the majority of the fans because their fans bought up the majority of the tickets. This certainly will NOT be a home game for Denver.

Next, the wind may kick up, giving Seattle a huge advantage because Seattles ground game is much better than Denver's ground game.

I do not know who wins this game, but saying that Denver is a cinch is just plain silly. With over 6000 posts and 0 betpoints, one has to wonder just how sure of yourself you are. You are NOT a pro, so there goes that excuse.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Nice writeup, but there are several inaccurcies. First, Denver did not "Steamroll" New England. They defeated a crippled New England team at home by 10 points. Seattle is much better than New England, and Denver is NOT playing at home.

Secondly, Seattle will have the majority of the fans because their fans bought up the majority of the tickets. This certainly will NOT be a home game for Denver.

Next, the wind may kick up, giving Seattle a huge advantage because Seattles ground game is much better than Denver's ground game.

I do not know who wins this game, but saying that Denver is a cinch is just plain silly. With over 6000 posts and 0 betpoints, one has to wonder just how sure of yourself you are. You are NOT a pro, so there goes that excuse.
    I'm 42 years old, live 20 minutes from MetLife Stadium, and have been a hardcore sports freak since I was about 4. The final outcome in the Denver-New England game wasn't indicative of Denver's dominance throughout the game.

Don't tell me that there will be more Seattle fans than Peyton Manning-Denver fans at the game. Wind can become a factor;I know the Meadowlands area well. That said, Moreno and Ball are both capable runners and Manning will adjust to the wind if there is any. He's a coach on the field with 5 solid targets to throw the ball to. Wilson's inexperience will hurt him in this game.

To question someone's knowledge because of betpoints is RIDICULOUS.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

seattle pressure with 4

manning the confused annoyed look early after a few stalled drives

he will put up some points but harvin will be the mvp with 100+ yards

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Quote Originally Posted by z-doggie View Post
    Well Will, I am on the same page ...Been thinking pretty much the same thing ....But then last time number one D (Giants) played the best offense (Bills) in the Super Bowl the team with the best D came out on top. Pretty much everybody thought the Niners would beat the Seahawks to get to the Superbowl,and the Niners lost. For these reasons I am thinking this is not a lock.....I do like Manning and his experience factor and like the Broncos but we might end up with Beast mode having a big game , Wilson playing well and not turning over the ball....Could go Seahawks way ...Guess we gotta wait and see....
    the game today is offense oriented. receivers are protected by the refs so capping with the giants / bills back in 1990 is dumb. and 90% of the forum was on SEA -3.5

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm 42 years old, live 20 minutes from MetLife Stadium, and have been a hardcore sports freak since I was about 4. The final outcome in the Denver-New England game wasn't indicative of Denver's dominance throughout the game.

Don't tell me that there will be more Seattle fans than Peyton Manning-Denver fans at the game. Wind can become a factor;I know the Meadowlands area well. That said, Moreno and Ball are both capable runners and Manning will adjust to the wind if there is any. He's a coach on the field with 5 solid targets to throw the ball to. Wilson's inexperience will hurt him in this game.

Did you watch Manning "adjust to the wind" against New England in windy east coast weather earlier this year? He looked like he was throwing a plastic ball. By far his worst game of the year against a porous secondary. You've clearly locked yourself into this play and are ignoring plenty of reasons this game could go the other way.

DoubleR90
    DoubleR90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Nice writeup, but there are several inaccurcies. First, Denver did not "Steamroll" New England. They defeated a crippled New England team at home by 10 points.

With over 6000 posts and 0 betpoints, one has to wonder just how sure of yourself you are. You are NOT a pro, so there goes that excuse.
    lol big daddy your posts are so ridiculous sometimes its hilarious. First off, if you don't think Denver dominated New England because they only won by 10 points you either A) didn't watch the game or B) have no idea what to look for when watching an NFL game. Denver absolutely STEAMROLLED the pats in that game.

Secondly, to question to value of someones post because of either Betpoints or SBR Pro status is absolutely ABSURD. JJGold and lakerboy are SBR Pros, quite frankly I think that says enough right there. Almost every SBR Pro I can think of is a losing bettor.
    Last edited by DoubleR90; 01-28-14 at 06:05 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive, a4u2fear, bez, and GunShard

Buddy Green
    Buddy Green's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I am still trying to imagine this guy as a "hardcore sports freak" since the age of 4. Were you handicaping duck, duck, goose games at that age?

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

The pats team denver played is not on the same level as Seattle.

herts9
    chalky mcsquare
    herts9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

neutral field, that pats team would destroy the seahawks

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

lol biggest game around with 100k limits, "line is way off"

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Did you watch Manning "adjust to the wind" against New England in windy east coast weather earlier this year? He looked like he was throwing a plastic ball. By far his worst game of the year against a porous secondary. You've clearly locked yourself into this play and are ignoring plenty of reasons this game could go the other way.

I will admit that Peyton Manning has been a post-season choker. After San Francisco lost to Seattle, I knew that he hit paydirt. No direspect to Seattle; Russell Wilson is a brilliant young talent and their defense is the best. That said, Manning has been dominant this season from start to finish and if he was going to lose, it was going to be against Tom Brady and the Pats. Peyton has control of his destiny, has been through several neck surgeries, had to be questioned about his brother winning more Super Bowls.

Summary: This is the spot for Manning to "CEMENT" his legacy. He's already one of the best, but at 37 years of age and playing like this, he moves in the same company with Joe Montana with a win here. Not only that, Manning is improving with age. Is Brady?NO

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by herts9 View Post
    Wow. Just wow. It's the weakest Brady Pats team, due to all the injuries, but they beat SEA?!

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

So called consensus is defense > offense but I'm pretty sure the 2006 Bears D was a helluva lot stronger than the 06 Colts defense who was 31st vs the run that year but got hot in the playoffs. I lean Denver cause I think Sea will get held to more field goals and Seattle offense vs Denver defense is the deciding factor imo. PFM and those receivers will score points if he gets the ball close to 30 minutes. Seattle has to win the turnover battle and time of possession both imo. Percy Harvin is kind of scary though....prob will do nothing but he has an extra gear and Denver's secondary has had breakdowns all year!!

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I'm 42 years old, live 20 minutes from MetLife Stadium, and have been a hardcore sports freak since I was about 4.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR90 View Post

lol big daddy your posts are so ridiculous sometimes its hilarious. First off, if you don't think Denver dominated New England because they only won by 10 points you either A) didn't watch the game or B) have no idea what to look for when watching an NFL game. Denver absolutely STEAMROLLED the pats in that game.

Secondly, to question to value of someones post because of either Betpoints or SBR Pro status is absolutely ABSURD. JJGold and lakerboy are SBR Pros, quite frankly I think that says enough right there. Almost every SBR Pro I can think of is a losing bettor.

First, will2survive, your age, location, and avid sports fandom are as inconsequential as BigDaddy's claims of SBR pro/betpoints, which of course is also nonsense. He's questioned my legitimacy before, which is at best weird and at worst insane, especially since I have a documented record on NFL here at SBR of which I have not seen an equal.

While it is true, DoubleR, that Denver dominated the game against New England, they hardly steamrolled them (semantics but I take exception to the term) because there was a point at the end where it was theoretically possible for New England to tie. On some level, that suggests (however small the probability) that New England hung in the game. Given what Denver had done with the Chargers the week before, it wasn't impossible to think at all that they could blow the cover. Again, was the likelihood high? No, but Denver also dominated SD and they blew the cover. If the cover is in doubt, you didn't steamroll the other team, by definition.

Now, let's talk about the teams. I've posted this elsewhere, but New England was not a good road team. They were super thin on D, and they lost their best defensive player (and key to the low chance of winning) at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. The second and third best teams in the AFC are nowhere near the top 3-4 in the NFC, and worlds worse than the team Seattle just beat. The defenses aren't even remotely comparable. My personal opinion is that Denver's D, which was solid against the run, was particularly advantaged by the home field. Now Manning goes to a neutral field against the game's top D (which he hasn't seen the like of all year), the weather is cold and the wind may be an issue, Seattle can run the ball and the public is in love with Denver's offense.

Obviously, I know what to do.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by herts9 View Post
    The stupidity on SBR is unreal

what a bunch of hamburgers lol

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post

First, will2survive, your age, location, and avid sports fandom are as inconsequential as BigDaddy's claims of SBR pro/betpoints, which of course is also nonsense. He's questioned my legitimacy before, which is at best weird and at worst insane, especially since I have a documented record on NFL here at SBR of which I have not seen an equal.

While it is true, DoubleR, that Denver dominated the game against New England, they hardly steamrolled them (semantics but I take exception to the term) because there was a point at the end where it was theoretically possible for New England to tie. On some level, that suggests (however small the probability) that New England hung in the game. Given what Denver had done with the Chargers the week before, it wasn't impossible to think at all that they could blow the cover. Again, was the likelihood high? No, but Denver also dominated SD and they blew the cover. If the cover is in doubt, you didn't steamroll the other team, by definition.

Now, let's talk about the teams. I've posted this elsewhere, but New England was not a good road team. They were super thin on D, and they lost their best defensive player (and key to the low chance of winning) at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. The second and third best teams in the AFC are nowhere near the top 3-4 in the NFC, and worlds worse than the team Seattle just beat. The defenses aren't even remotely comparable. My personal opinion is that Denver's D, which was solid against the run, was particularly advantaged by the home field. Now Manning goes to a neutral field against the game's top D (which he hasn't seen the like of all year), the weather is cold and the wind may be an issue, Seattle can run the ball and the public is in love with Denver's offense.

Obviously, I know what to do.
    Denver? Call me crazy but Denver's game translates on the road a helluva lot better than Seattle's. Seattle barely squeaked by St. Louis this year on the road....Lynch had maybe 50 yards or something. Not that Seattle can't win but they're a completely diff team on the road...unlike Denver.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Denver? Call me crazy but Denver's game translates on the road a helluva lot better than Seattle's. Seattle barely squeaked by St. Louis this year on the road....Lynch had maybe 50 yards or something. Not that Seattle can't win but they're a completely diff team on the road...unlike Denver.
    If that's your best evidence, a road win @STL, a very underrated team, that's actually a good case for SEA.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    If that's your best evidence, a road win @STL, a very underrated team, that's actually a good case for SEA.
    The Rams' defence was pretty impressive this year, and played lights out when they wanted to. It's pretty easy to tell the fans from the handicappers in these threads.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Ummm, this game isn't on the road, Saint Louis is a divisional opponent ... do you recall Chargers beating Denver at Denver? I do. But I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, just pointing that out. Denver might beat my expectations but I don't have any reason to believe they will given who they've beat and how good Seattle's D is, again the like of which they haven't seen --- or anything even close.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver has no defense. Seattle will take this one. GL though

DoubleR90

Quote Originally Posted by Capper1124 View Post
    Denver has no defense. Seattle will take this one. GL though
    Denver has no defense? Hmmm thats interesting, because last I checked they were ranked 9th best run defense in the NFL....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

slacker00

Denver has no defense? Hmmm thats interesting, because last I checked they were ranked 9th best run defense in the NFL....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
    Denver's defense is mediocre at best. Among playoff teams, it was 2nd worst, with GB being the worst.

DoubleR90

Denver's defense is mediocre at best. Among playoff teams, it was 2nd worst, with GB being the worst.
    I will concede that overall their Defense can be considered mediocre, but you have to look at their individual components as well. You cannot say their run defense is awful, it ranks higher than the 49ers. Run defense is an important distinction because the run is where the primary offensive power of Seattle is derived from.

slacker00

I will concede that overall their Defense can be considered mediocre, but you have to look at their individual components as well. You cannot say their run defense is awful, it ranks higher than the 49ers. Run defense is an important distinction because the run is where the primary offensive power of Seattle is derived from.
    You are pinpointing run defense numbers skewed from a season of playing with big leads.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

You are pinpointing run defense numbers skewed from a season of playing with big leads.

Fred The Hammer

Once again let me remind you guys of recent history!!

The 2006 Bears D was supposedly great too....much better than the lowly Colts D that allowed 350 rushing to Jax that year. Denver will load the box and make Wilson try to beat them....we'll see what happens but Seattle is not the same team on the road...PERIOD

Fred The Hammer

Did you watch PFM throw for 400 on NE the other day? I guess Sea backers are weatherman now....counting on 30 mph winds to save the day.

slacker00

Once again let me remind you guys of recent history!!

The 2006 Bears D was supposedly great too....much better than the lowly Colts D that allowed 350 rushing to Jax that year. Denver will load the box and make Wilson try to beat them....we'll see what happens but Seattle is not the same team on the road...PERIOD
    The 2006 Colts D was suffering with injuries all season but got everyone back for their playoff run.

The 2013 Broncos are the opposite. Von, Wolfe, Vickerson, Moore, Harris are gone.

12 Last