wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

does anyone else have a problem self destructing, losing house money?

this is the 4th 5th time I've done this is the past 24 months.

and they have all come off 100-200$ deposits.

the first one was a run of a life time. 100$ deposit held a balance of 12 grand for over 6 months. was withdrawaling 500-700$ every other day and still winning and maintaining the 12 grand balance. eventually self destructed and lost it at.

stopped gambling for a few months after that.

then got back in 3 weeks ago, ran 100$ up to 1000$ in a week. self destructed again. lost it all in a split instant after slow grinding to get the grand.

then this weekend off a 200$ deposit ran it to 3 grand in lil less then week and once again lost my composure and self destructed after again slowly grinding but finding right opportunties to make big bets here and there, did get a 500$ deposit out of it but still lost it all in the end, in a again what felt like a split second.

the worst part is I have the composure and discipline to sit there and grind and build. I dont go all ins with the 100 deposits. I set small goals for myself. 100 to 150 to 200 to 250 with occasional big bets if i see the right game for the taking... ect. but then when I get the balance say example 3 grand and I lose 300 and my balance is 2700..I will do anything to get that 300 back cause I NEED to see that figure at 3 grand specifically like something internally has to see that figure at a specific number or else it drives me bonkers and I end up chasing it and going broke.

most of the times this happens late in the day, night games, and i feel like i am literally strung ,out on football, running numbers and i have lost control and i am just so tired of it all. I need to find a way to say hey. lets shut it down for the day, when I am feeling like this.

it is so ass backwards, if only I could get a grip on this. I re upped today but something is different this time, normally I am as hungry as ever to get going start building. this time i just feel so defeated and have no desire/motivation to do it. I keep wanting to turn back the clock though I know that is not possible ...I was never like this before..I was always able to put it behind me...move on and start building again...now I'm just stuck...

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Before this Join Date: 08-24-13...

What nic did you use on SBR ?

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

And you called me the noob....

Get in on the Atlanta Falcons pk vs Miami Dolphins this weekend if the even money bet on the Falcons is not too HEAVY ML for you.

Don't go all in next time either, only a true NOOB does that.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    And you called me the noob....

Get in on the Atlanta Falcons pk vs Miami Dolphins this weekend if the even money bet on the Falcons is not too HEAVY ML for you.

Don't go all in next time either, only a true NOOB does that.
    right...

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Everyone does this. You are asking the wrong people.

wagerjunkie

i called you a noob pal cause you said the NFL is easy to beat betting NFL heavy MLs

you will learn a lesson i learned a long long time ago.

you will rip off 3-4 of them heavy MLs

you will have all the confidence in the world then you are going to lose 2-3 heavy MLs in a row and all your profit is going to be gone and you will be in a hole. that is why i called you a noob.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    i figured most people here lose their own money...not house money..

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

My self-destruction problems are more about self-destruction of myself and my life than gambling earnings.

bubblebuttluv

Not everyone on this forum does it. Not everyone is degen.

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    i called you a noob pal cause you said the NFL is easy to beat betting NFL heavy MLs

you will learn a lesson i learned a long long time ago.

you will rip off 3-4 of them heavy MLs

you will have all the confidence in the world then you are going to lose 2-3 heavy MLs in a row and all your profit is going to be gone and you will be in a hole. that is why i called you a noob.
    I read your post on the other thread.

You name call too easily and it comes back.

We don't know each other, we just type stuff on a computer screen.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Before this Join Date: 08-24-13...

What nic did you use on SBR ?
    who cares bruh.. the guey needs our help

bubblebuttluv

I hope you make it back wagerjunkie.

I'm not trying to be an asshole to anyone.

I just said some shit to come back at you and it's over.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

I've done this countless times. Rebuild and hopefully learn from your mistakes

bubblebuttluv

But that Falcons PK does look really good.

The Falcons should be favored in Miami's own stadium.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

who cares bruh.. the guey needs our help

No doubt he is busted up... Just trying to see if he is a repeat offender

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    My self-destruction problems are more about self-destruction of myself and my life than gambling earnings.
    same here...I think I do it in a lot of aspects..not just gambling.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    this is the 4th 5th time I've done this is the past 24 months.

and they have all come off 100-200$ deposits.

the first one was a run of a life time. 100$ deposit held a balance of 12 grand for over 6 months. was withdrawaling 500-700$ every other day and still winning and maintaining the 12 grand balance. eventually self destructed and lost it at.

stopped gambling for a few months after that.

then got back in 3 weeks ago, ran 100$ up to 1000$ in a week. self destructed again. lost it all in a split instant after slow grinding to get the grand.

then this weekend off a 200$ deposit ran it to 3 grand in lil less then week and once again lost my composure and self destructed after again slowly grinding but finding right opportunties to make big bets here and there, did get a 500$ deposit out of it but still lost it all in the end, in a again what felt like a split second.

the worst part is I have the composure and discipline to sit there and grind and build. I dont go all ins with the 100 deposits. I set small goals for myself. 100 to 150 to 200 to 250 with occasional big bets if i see the right game for the taking... ect. but then when I get the balance say example 3 grand and I lose 300 and my balance is 2700..I will do anything to get that 300 back cause I NEED to see that figure at 3 grand specifically like something internally has to see that figure at a specific number or else it drives me bonkers and I end up chasing it and going broke.

most of the times this happens late in the day, night games, and i feel like i am literally strung ,out on football, running numbers and i have lost control and i am just so tired of it all. I need to find a way to say hey. lets shut it down for the day, when I am feeling like this.

it is so ass backwards, if only I could get a grip on this. I re upped today but something is different this time, normally I am as hungry as ever to get going start building. this time i just feel so defeated and have no desire/motivation to do it. I keep wanting to turn back the clock though I know that is not possible ...I was never like this before..I was always able to put it behind me...move on and start building again...now I'm just stuck...
    you just have to remind yourself again and again and again after you slow grind a 100 to 200 deposit up to a at least 1,000 that when you finally do have a day start off bad... maybe get a lil worse... that you should just stop. leave it where you are and wait until better plays come up later in the week... just remind yourself that you are say, down 200... but still up 700 overall. Don't lose that last 700.

taken me 3 years to build up the patience, smarts, mental toughness to slowly build up the BR and not give it all back in a bad day or 2 by chasing. taken me 3 years to figure out what sports i need to focus on each year to win and which ones to avoid altogether or bet with small amounts or only bet in certain spots.

GL man

Sam Odom

BTW --- There is NO 'House Money'

If it is in your acct it is YOUR $$$

Only chumps think of 'House Money'

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I read your post on the other thread.

You name call too easily and it comes back.

We don't know each other, we just type stuff on a computer screen.
    yeah lay of the name calling. To each his own. If Bubblez wants to do big ML faves let him.

i personally dont have a problem with dogs or favorites.. i try not to let the odds sway me in a certain direction.

however i hate laying over 3 points in football. Anything over a 3 point favorite i will take the ML and parlay it with something else.

I personally try to make every bet i make at least pay me what i am risking.

wagerjunkie

you are correct

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

why you gotta be so opinionated?

i actually disagree with this and i will explain....

You gotta take risk man and i'm only comfortable going big on a play when i have "house money"

you gotta be prepared for either outcome of a bet ... win or lose.

now if i lose what i consider house money then i don't lose sleep at night.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    you just have to remind yourself again and again and again after you slow grind a 100 to 200 deposit up to a at least 1,000 that when you finally do have a day start off bad... maybe get a lil worse... that you should just stop. leave it where you are and wait until better plays come up later in the week... just remind yourself that you are say, down 200... but still up 700 overall. Don't lose that last 700.

taken me 3 years to build up the patience, smarts, mental toughness to slowly build up the BR and not give it all back in a bad day or 2 by chasing. taken me 3 years to figure out what sports i need to focus on each year to win and which ones to avoid altogether or bet with small amounts or only bet in certain spots.

GL man
    good advice. and it seems so damn simple and it should be. I think I get to a point where I run so hot that it is bad for me that I think I am invincible and that I EXPECT the bet to win no matter what and do not think of the consequence of what my balance will be if i lose. I am running so hot I just expect to cash and am counting my winnings before i even place the bet.

which is noob #101.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

House money....but he has to keep depositing. I think he calls it house money because his house went to foreclosure and he loses that money. Also, change your username. That might help.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

House money....but he has to keep depositing. I think he calls it house money because his house went to foreclosure and he loses that money. Also, change your username. That might help.
    its h

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

why you gotta be so opinionated?

Sammy aint wishy-washy

Besides... wagerjunkie agrees

now if i lose what i consider house money

Like Sammy said... Only chumps think of 'House Money'

wagerjunkie

yeah thats why

i knew there would be some bashing but jeez come up with something a little better then that at least make me laugh.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

overconfidence while betting is never a good thing, has happened to all of us.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

its house money as long as you have made more than you spent at the end of the year

best thing to do is keep a notebook and be like your own personal accountant so you can hold yourself accountable

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    you are by far the most depressing poster on this site. Grow some balls and get some self confidence dude. You can't possibly be THAT ugly and awkward

Anyway, to the OP, just take a fukkin night off when you feel the walls coming in. Tomorrow is always a new day and a fresh start. Clearly you have no control over this gambling thing and you never will. You just need to manage these swings and ensure that you don't end up homeless / it doesn't affect your real life negatively.
    Last edited by pattymayo; 09-16-13 at 10:32 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

well u said it yourself :"I have the composure and discipline..."
    if you truly have that, next time you ran up your BR to say 2-3K, take a break for 2-3 days...no betting at all during that time. Think about your next bet...when you come back from your mini sabbatical, start betting small again....start building you BR again from 3K to 6K...think that all you have is 100 bucks to work with.

if you can manage to do that, then yeah you can say that you have discipline...otherwise having a discipline that only last half way is the same as not having a discipline at all.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    if you truly have that, next time you ran up your BR to say 2-3K, take a break for 2-3 days...no betting at all during that time. Think about your next bet...when you come back from your mini sabbatical, start betting small again....start building you BR again from 3K to 6K...think that all you have is 100 bucks to work with.

if you can manage to do that, then yeah you can say that you have discipline...otherwise having a discipline that only last half way is not having a discipline at all.
    this is actually good advice. I may try this my self

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    you are by far the most depressing poster on this site. Grow some balls and get some self confidence dude. You can't be THAT ugly and awkward

Anyway, to the OP, just take a fukkin night off when you feel the walls coming in. Tomorrow is always a new day and a fresh start. Clearly you have no control over this gambling thing and you never will. You just need to manage these swings and ensure that you don't end up homeless / it doesn't affect your real life negatively.
    homeless?

pal...did you not read the thread..I am depositing maybe 100-200$ here and there.

my problem is not losing my own money. the ****** up part is I will not deposit more then 200$. at a time or more then that in a week. I am able to not give away money away like that. this thread is not about that

this thread is about building balances of 100$ to 3 grand and giving it away.

not feeding the books 3 dimes over and over out of my own personal cash wallet. (or paychecks I should say)
    Last edited by wagerjunkie; 09-16-13 at 10:41 PM.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

if you can manage to do that, then yeah you can say that you have discipline...otherwise having a discipline that only last half way is the same as not having a discipline at all.
    Russian

when I held the 12k balance for over 6 months this is what i would do. I didn't even watch the games. I would just do my homework pre game. put in bet. check scores. and shut it down.

that is what i need to get back to.

I am getting too emotionally invested, watching the games and letting the swings of the game effect my betting.

I need to get back to just scoreboard watching and shutting it down after 2-3 bets like I used to.

I know what I have to do and have the tools to do it, it is just every so often this bullshit happens and the odd thing I felt today, was I felt no hunger to get back in the game.

but now getting this out, venting, got a few wins under my belt tonight, I am primed and ready to go.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

this was my problem when I was a younger sports bettors, deposit a few benji's and get the rolled up to 3-4 G's by grinding a $50 here and $100 there. When the bankrolled increase, your unit sizes usually increase as well. I will lose a few bets with the bigger units($200-$300) and then try to get it all back with 1 game, usually the last game on the board which I didn't capped in-depth, once I lose the chaser game, then its an all in bet, cant bet $50 a games anymore. its all about a disciple and tomorrow is another day approach as I get older, set a limit amount per day

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

the wife make me do same with her poosy. she give out poosy like rations. I promises self when she gives me the poosy again I be calm and make last. but I build up so much the excitement and poof. I make explosion too quickly

and the wife make me crazy. but theys be same. I want put wife in bottom ocean in the barrel. I swears her to the devil. but we make peaces. I says fuhk the wife and fuhk the gamble, but I go back always. and beside, if not have the wife who will make the wash on dishes!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wagerjunkie

12 Last