TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Green-Ellis u50.5 yards at +105

like this a lot. a bit worried of extra possessions by cincy because pitt has struggles moving the ball, however i trust big ben and tomlin to make some changes this week to get some better protection. they lost pouncy in-game and with a week to adjust they should be able to eat some clock on offense.

on the other side green-ellis just isnt that explosive. and pitt running defense is great. giovanni bernard is the next cj spiller and they want to use him as much as possible. wouldnt be suprised to see him get almost equal workload this week unless he does something stupid early.

heres a nice article that wraps up this running back situation. u50.5 feels tought to pull the trigger on but i predict 15 carries for 44 yards

i grabbed it at +105 but you could wait until before gametime might be able to snag a +125 on this, lot of ppl will blindly take the over cause it looks so low

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...45a_story.html

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

if they wanted to use bernard as much as possible he could have seen more work against chicago(i think this approach by lewis could have cost him that game).....dont get me wrong i love bernard i own him in two fantasy leagues.....but i was actually suprised at how little he was used in the opener(he did have a catch of 10 yards and a run of 8 called back on penalties).....we always hear about rookies in pass protection....but i hadnt heard much to suggest that bernard was struggling in that area...he had a full camp .....he even ran with the first unit in their last preseason game on their one drive...and got a gl carry.....then it was BJGE getting most of the work.....the changing of the guard will come(like you said unless he puts himself in the doghouse with something stupid)....but not exactly sure when it will come

i think lewis played that bears game "not to lose"....sooner or later he needs to play to win...and bernard is a play to win guy imo

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

bobby i think this bet all comes down to the scoreline. if cincinnati at any point leads by 14+ im in big trouble as they will just plow ahead with green-ellis. but as for him just running for 60 yards in a normal game i doubt it, he would need a ton of carries and it would be stupid not to get dalton and aj green a lot of touches tonight. just need a moderately close game here versus a great run d

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    bobby i think this bet all comes down to the scoreline. if cincinnati at any point leads by 14+ im in big trouble as they will just plow ahead with green-ellis. but as for him just running for 60 yards in a normal game i doubt it, he would need a ton of carries and it would be stupid not to get dalton and aj green a lot of touches tonight. just need a moderately close game here versus a great run d
    oh i dont disagree...in fact what i was saying had nothin really to do with your play here......more of my two cents on lewis/bernard....i want to see bernard take a hold on the main bulk of the work

joco
    joco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8045

Looks good on paper. Pitt run d should still be solid. Plus Bernard will get some carries. But as we know this is the nfl and anything can happen