The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

Was US the favorites to win the tourney? Wasn't there a video before poker cup started saying US would place last? And that's exactly what happened. How does the team with the most points during the preliminaries come in dead last? Not saying it's rigged... but not saying it isn't rigged.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dare View Post
    not sure the connection problems were on your side
    had also problems since two weeks with sbr poker

hope they get this fixed soon
    i missed half a tourney and played 7 hands yesterday. nobody had that kind of issue. people were disconnected yes but they were able to resume play. i wasnt . i know enough about networking , even did a diagnostic check. it is my router .

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    Was US the favorites to win the tourney? Wasn't there a video before poker cup started saying US would place last? And that's exactly what happened. How does the team with the most points during the preliminaries come in dead last? Not saying it's rigged... but not saying it isn't rigged.
    IMO USA has by far the most players and x percentage end up running really well during qualifying and accumulate a lot of points. They are overall a good group of players but the difference in ability was nowhere near as great as it might have seemed. It should also be noted that the World Cup tourney itself was a small sample lending itself to greater variance. Congrats to team Europe, well done.
    Last edited by Chili_Powder; 08-31-13 at 11:49 AM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Chili_Powder View Post
    IMO USA has by far the most players and x percentage end up running really well during qualifying and accumulate a lot of points. They are overall a good group of players but the difference in ability was nowhere near as great as it might have seemed. It should also be noted that the World Cup tourney itself was a small sample lending itself to greater variance. Congrats to team Europe, well done.
    Shorten the qualification period and lengthen the actual tourney.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Even the world cup finals of soccer take 4 weeks to complete but the world cup of poker is special. It must be completed in 4 days.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Shorten the qualification period and lengthen the actual tourney.
    Please god, this. The duration of the qualifying period for the amount of points at stake is sad. US players had to dedicate themselves to these tourneys almost daily for, what 3 months, to get a bonus of a 600 ROLLOVER. Hahaha. JESUS CHRIST. Can we stop encouraging this and acting like this isn't the most awful and stupid thing ever? I got a 600 free play in an hour and a half the last tourney I played. Definitely makes sense for that to be the reward after 3 months of almost daily play.........

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Most ridiculous stupid shit bag of a tourney for qualifying, competition, and prizes awarded.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

In retrospect, the finals were very interesting and fun. The tournament seems too unbalanced, as the qualification period were too long and finals were too short. No problem on having months of 5 daily tournaments with overlay, but then the whole "tournament" thing looks cheesy, more like a series of overlays with some bonus at the end. I woud suggest a shorter qualificatin period, maybe 10 weeks, and a 2 weeks finals. That would fit perfectly with 4 tournaments yearly.

The other big complaint is the stacked USA team. Some have suggested splitting USA team in two, either by regions (East-West) or even by final places. There would be a problem delimiting regions, and at the end it may be unbalanced anyway. My idea is easier to implement: Split USA team by nick alphabetical order. Say USA1 A-F, USA2 G-Q, USA3 R-Z. Of course, SBR have the data to balance it better. That way, everyone (except wolrd team) have a similar difficult road to qualify. And playing the finals 6-players instead of 4-players is not a problem.

First ... 4567